Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Any input of what I should buy to really bulk up my footsloggering army?
Old 17 Apr 2009, 13:38   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1
Default Any input of what I should buy to really bulk up my footsloggering army?

Any advice is appreciated. I do pretty well in games right now, but I really want to step into a more competitve arena so I need some advice... What do you guys think I should get for my army? I know I want more lootas and Snikrot with some kommandos, and after getting those I was thinking maybe a battewagon or some killa kans. I usually play against eldar, tau, necrons, space marines, and chaos marines.
Thanks for any advice!!!

MY ARMY
6 deffkoptas (TL rokkits)
1 looted wagon
1 trukk
5 warbikers
120 slugga boyz
2 warbosses
19 nobz
1 painboy
10 lootas
Old 17 Apr 2009, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Any input of what I should buy to really bulk up my footsloggering army?

More warbikers should help, I don't think 5 is quite enough, not really footsloggin but as you have bikes already

to be honest it doesn't look like you'll need much, you have quite a lot already, make an army list and then get what you need and after that you can work out what models are best for your style of play and get any models which you like but won't use, I have a SAG which doesn't see the field but I like it

If you want a battlewagon, many people like to build their own, mine is made from a land raider and some fantasy movement trays
killa kans I think would be better, battlewagons can be taken down by one-hit-wonders whilst if you get a few kans into kombat they are all but invulnerable to small arms fire

You appear to only have 2 vehicles, a few more trukks will allow some to actually reach enemy lines if you happen to get small enough units e.g. burna boyz
Old 17 Apr 2009, 17:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Any input of what I should buy to really bulk up my footsloggering army?

I play footsloggers as well, and I never leave home without my Kustom Force Field Mek. With clever placement you can give three squads at once a cover save.

Other than that, Kanz are always good (put rokkits on 'em, it's so worth it) or a wagon for one of your nob squadz.

Definitely get the Mek though. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2009, 18:26   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1

Picked up 2 loota boxes today!!!
The kommandos and snikrot looked tempting but I held myself back.

Anyways, any more input?
And I'm going to create a new post; custom battlewagons