Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I've bought Assualt on black reach so what shall I buy next?
Closed Thread
Old 04 Apr 2009, 15:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default I've bought Assualt on black reach so what shall I buy next?

What do I buy? Shall I buy trucks, battle wagons, more boys or Ghazghull.
Old 04 Apr 2009, 15:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: I've bought Assualt on black reach so what shall I buy next?

Depends what kind of Ork Army do you want??

Shooty? Mechenized? Assaulty?

From previous post i get that you are facing mainly Chaos Marines so do you want anti-MEQ army or something more balanced?

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 04 Apr 2009, 16:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How many armies are you collecting :O .
More boys, or trucks, you only get 20 boyz, and no trucks in AOBR, DON'T get Ghazkull yet, you don't even have 500 pts, and you don't want him taking up half you points, orks are best as hordes or fast moving, Ghazkull takes up too much room in transports and points to fit in either of these in small games.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 11:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

With any other army I'd recommend the Battleforce but I don't think it would add much to your army. Afterall you have 20 boyz, so buying 20 more would be a bit boring ( but necessary at some stage)

Go for a Trukk or Battlewagon for some troop transport and additional firepower.

Pleases delete this account, I apologise for any upset caused by the actions of my brother - sorry.

Please delete, thanks!
Old 07 Apr 2009, 13:25   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

There's no right way to win nor the perfect army list. Everybody has their own experience and taste. That said we can only advice, the rest you have to figure out yourself. What you can do is play a 500-Point game then once you're happy with the list and mastered, you move on to perhaps 1000-Points in which you repeat the process of mastering your list and being comfortable with it and once again repeat it at 1500-Point and 2000-Point level.

If you feel you don't have enough bodies on the tabletop - Get more Ork Boyz. Simple as that.

If you feel your Boyz are getting to the enemy too slowly - Give a Trukk to your Ork Boyz.

If you feel your Boyz are not fast enough and too squishy as well as not enough terrain to give your Boyz Cover Save - Give your Boyz a Trukk and have a Big Mek with KFF to ride with the Boyz and/or get Wazdakka and some Warbikerz.

If you feel your Boyz are not being shooty enough - Give them Shootas and Big Shootas.

You need a HQ unit that's very good in CC so it can challenge other HQ in CC - Warboss

You need a HQ to give Boyz some Support Buff - Big Mek

You need a HQ that gives that element of surprise and it's funny to use - Weirdboyz

You need an Elite unit that will be your Warboss's 'Bodyguards' - Nobz

You need something to give that surprising element and to avoid the hassle of getting across the tabletop - Kommandos; Outflank them.

You need something that's able to handle other Horde Armies especially those CC-orientated - Burna Boyz

You need some real firepower top take down Light-to-Medium Vehicles and/or Medium Infantry
- Lootas

And lists can go on. As I said, everything depends on you; your play-style, your theme, the meta-game in your area i.e. who are your opponents and what they most play etc etc etc. Hope this helps.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Sorry, I didn't write this, my brother got on and used my profile to do this, I don't even play orks.
Old 07 Apr 2009, 16:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah I'd try to make your army as varied as possible - Zenai's list is a good starting point.

Pleases delete this account, I apologise for any upset caused by the actions of my brother - sorry.

Please delete, thanks!
Old 08 Apr 2009, 18:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to megagnat1

Stormboyz. Nothing like getting them to the enemy before he knows what hits him. Always good to pick these up. Nice models too.
And lootas. You can never have enough lootas. I play against a tau player who always gets upset because my lootas get more shooting kills per turn than usually any of his fire warriors or kroot!

Lootas for support, while stormboyz race across the field. Do it.
;D
Old 08 Apr 2009, 18:28   #9 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Easier said than done, megagnat1. Anyway, the OP's account seems to be hijacked. Request for a lock.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 19:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I know two mods have already told you that having someone else using your account is a breach of the rules, Bliss-Giver, so I won't explain that again.

If your brother would like to set up an account and would like to revive the discussion in this thread, he's more than welcome to. Just send me a PM and I'll unlock it. Until then, this thread is locked.

-Grandpa Ducky

Closed Thread