Fluff vs. Efficiency
Old 20 Mar 2009, 23:57   #1 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Fluff vs. Efficiency

Heya.
Well, I am in the process of making a Bad Moonz army, my list is here:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=80349.0

Well, basically I am conflicted between background and playability. On the one hand, I want to have a Bad Moonz army, which means Mega Nobz, Flash Gitz and gunz all over the place.
The problem is, these units are not really efficient compared to others. A good example of this is Mega Nobz compared to normal Nobz, most people agree that normal Nobz are better than their Mega Armored cuisines.

So I am really looking for some advice on weather I should go with what I think is fluffy for the Bad Moonz at the expense of army effectiveness, or bend the rules and include some units that might not necessarily be in a Moonz army
Old 21 Mar 2009, 00:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Fluff vs. Efficiency

[Circus isn't surprising anyone]

;DGo with what's fluffy!;D

[/Circus isn't surprising anyone]
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 01:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Mix n' match to arrive at that wonderful playability level where if two equal armies meet, it's up to the you to win.

What are some of the units you believe you need in place of the ones you already have? Why would they be unfluffy for your particular warband?

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 01:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Fun vs winning

If the game is just screwing around? Go fluffy. If it's tourney play, go with what is best for your play style. Or, if it is more fun for you to use the meganobz, use them.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 03:46   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
hat are some of the units you believe you need in place of the ones you already have? Why would they be unfluffy for your particular warband?
I honestly would like to take out the MANz and replace them with normal Nobz, but normally, Bad Moonz Nobz have the teef to buy Mega suits. :-\

That, and I dont know how fluffy Mega Armoured orks geared for CC are..
Old 21 Mar 2009, 03:49   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

MANz are pretty good IMO. Just need a Trukk or Battlewagon to drive them around. If you want Invulnerable Saves, get Mad Dok Grotsnik. And MANz are pretty much fluffy for Bad Moonz. It's just that some Nobz prefer DAKKA e.g. Flash Gitz while others prefer to get into the think of it e.g. MANz and normal Nobz.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2009, 04:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

When it comes time to kill MEQS, Boyz are more efficient per point, assuming they can get the strike in. Their main weakness is low initiative and they can lose a lot of troops before they get their blows in.

One area where Meganobz do shine is in killing high-toughness troops such as Wraithguard or Plague Marines. While most rank and file Ork attacks will glance off these creatures, the Nobz will cream them dead.

Now flash gitz are just plain horrible. Model Warbikers for similar effect, perhaps as Flash Gitz with red bionic peg-legs (the red legs make them go faster). :P
Old 21 Mar 2009, 04:16   #8 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
Now flash gitz are just plain horrible. Model Warbikers for similar effect, perhaps as Flash Gitz with red bionic peg-legs (the red legs make them go faster).
I honestly cant understand why they are so bad.
They have Nob Stats with 4+ armour, 2 wounds and with a Painboy they have Feel No Pain.
(note, I am getting more dakka and shootier on my Flash gitz)
And their gun aint bad, wounding marines on 2s and haveing a 50% chance of going through their armour and I get two shots with them.

With this set up their about the same points as Nobz, and while they cant rip through a unit in CC, I dont see why their a bad unit. They add mobile fire support for shoota boyz.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 04:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Mathhamer my good friend. For the cost of 8 Flash Gitz, you can get 30 Shoota Boyz, 3 with Big Shootas.

A Flash Git has a 14.48% chance of killing a Marine out of cover, while a Shoota boy has a 11.11% chance. This isn't what we call efficient in the least. In 4+ cover, the Shoota boy is unaffected while the chances of the Flash Git drop down to 9.26%. Think about this for a second. Flash Gitz, which are supposed to be the best shootas Ork teef can buy, are less effective overall than a mob of shoota boyz. Consider that for the price of 8 Shoota boyz you can afford 30 Shoota Boyz and 3 big shootas and their patheticness is increasingly noted.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 16:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

That assessment is squed since Flashgits are essentially Nobz with eavy armour. The cost of flashgitz are on par with their Elite Breather Nobz both have a ton of possible upgrades which quickly add up. There biggest draw backs are that they take a heavy slot which orks have so many other beautiful choices to pull from. The other problem is that their gunz viarible AP makes them unreliable.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote