Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Favorite Ork clan
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Favorite Ork clan

I am sitting at school bored and I was wondering what are my fellow ork player's favorite clans? and what is your army. Maybe you use your own clan explain.... go ahead post large comments the more the merrier

Mine is the Goff's because they perfectly fit my playing style. They also fit my army list as I normally field 4-6 squads or ork boyz every game. there also my favorite because there the perfect version of the most basic ork

Mean
Green
Killing Machines
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Favorite Ork clan

Ah, well I guess I can put a few words up about Grumgutz and my choice to make him an ex-Blood Axe.
The whole concept of my army is to create "whatever works" sort of setup, a general mishmash of Orks setup usually by invention and experimentation. This sort of cereb-reality is a bit off from normal Orkish mindsets, and its pushing of the boundries of Ork science especially seems to be more in line with the "sneaky" Blood Axes.
Also, as much as I love Grumgutz and his crew, they are truly defined by their enemies. The chance to parlay and jibe at the SMs, Chaos, Eldar and the like also tends to fall with the Blood Axes. Plus, you know, taking "pets" is a fun, yet two-edged sort of deal...
Grumgutz ALMOST almost became a Deathskull, for his propensity to loot everything, but I just couldn't paint so much blue

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 20:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Blood Axe for me personally is my favourite Ork Clan. I like how they epitomise the ability to be 'cunnin' but ded killy', even if their habit of camouflage is a bit off :P

Currently my army isnt complete yet (still waiting on a Battleforce dammit =|) but the idea is that Warboss Grimsnik leads a warband of a combined Goffs and Blood Axes group, represented with Boyz having both camouflage and Goff checks. Goffs cause they're 'ard, and Blood Axes cause they're 'kunnin'.

However Im also tempted to paint my Warbikers as Evil Suns to break it up a bit (yet still give them Goff checks to tie them together) and to also have a small group of Boyz as Bad Moonz are also very interesting to me as well. I just want to paint yellow! XD
RoninRenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 22:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Goffs!

Because

1)Checks are fun to paint
2)If the checks don't come out clean, you can always say "they're orks, of course they're not clean!"
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 02:11   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Kult of Speed specifically Nob Bikerz
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 04:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Wamp Gataz are a quasi freeboota clan army. I don't really like the pirate theme that is attached to the freebootas and my boyz don't fight for hire/teef, but just because they like to kill things. This type of clan outlook appeals to a diverse range of orks, so my warband is made up of members from each clan.

The three brother bosses:
Goffsnikk: Goff
Zagsnikk: Evil sunz (though I am thinking of making him a snakebite and putting him on a greater knarloc)
Meksnikk: Deathskull

Twitch (warphead): Snakebite

Finkaboy (big mek): Bad moon

MANZ: Goffs

Nobz: Goffs

Burnas: Deathskulls

Tankbustas: Deathskulls

Lootas: Deathskulls

Kommandos: Blood axes

Sluggaz: Evil sunz

Shootas: Blood axes

Stormboyz: Goffs

Buggies/bikes: Evil sunz

Deffkoptas: Bad moons

scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 05:57   #7 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Bad Moonz. Yellow stands out, the guns are noisy, and the teef are plentiful. Whats not to like?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 16:46   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I really like the fluff behind the DeffSkull clan. I think the beliefs with the blue paint be lucky is very Orky. I also like the colour blue :P
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun

Bad Moonz. Yellow stands out, the guns are noisy, and the teef are plentiful. Whats not to like?
Seconded. They can be everything ranging from pims flashing gold teeth, diamond earrings and shiny guns to rich yuppies (with guns). What's not to like? Especially since their wealth means that you can pack as many "big guns" as you want to (Battlewagons, Shokk Attakk Guns, Posaz,...) without anyone batting an eye - after all, what shows off your riches better than the biggest gun/tank teef can buy?!?

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Deathskulls!!!! Who doesnt want luck on their side? (Not that the boyz need it bein the tuffest mugz around). I like that they paint themselves blue and Im going to scratch build all my vehicles so it fits right in!
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote