Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2 AOBR Orks: A good start?
Old 18 Mar 2009, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 2 AOBR Orks: A good start?

So I was going to get two sets of AOBR orks and use that too start my Ork Army. It seems like a Solid Start and I Was going to use it too try and make it a 1000 points. Weve also been doing a lot of scratch building (My friend has made like 5 titans out of card!!!!) so Im thinking of adding 5 trukks, 1 for each mob and 1 for the nobz and warbosses.

1.Does that seem like a good start?
2. What would you reccomend addding?
3. Maybe a good list?

Thanks!

P.S. We play 1000 - 1500 points. Also with everybody builiding titans I get to build Stompas >
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 15:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2 AOBR Orks: A good start?

That would be a solid start. It will get you your required units and give you a good building block. From there, it really depends on your style of play as to what do add. The Trukks are a good idea, always nice to have on hand. There's just so many units it's hard to give suggestions until you get a few games under your belt and see what you feel you are lacking.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

I got three sets. And It's not even a starting army :3
Loves them sooo much.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

The warstore has 10 boyz from the set on sale for $7.99 I took them up on their offer and bought 90 boyz. Maybe buy one set and then ordering the rest of your boyz through The Warstore. Doesn't look like you'll need the extra nob, extra warboss or the koptaz.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have to agree with Thor orks are really a style oriented army, one thing Ive noticed is it's relatively hard to have a balanced army and win. you have to chose something and go big with it main thing with orks is.....

BE AGRESSIVE
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 04:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Two AOBR sets are a great start. I have 1.5 sets myself. If you feel like you can deal with the conversion bug then you won't have to buy anything else, besides maybe the trukks, for a really long time. There is not a single unit that can't be built from the AOBR set with a little plasticard and some imagination. I've seen some awsome meganobz made from the nobz and terminators, and I've also seen great bike conversions done from the deffkoptas. Others have done shock attack big meks using a nob, or flash gitz from the same nobs. The possibilities are endless really.

I would also not suggest getting any more models after getting the two sets. Assemble, convert, and paint the ones you have right now, otherwise you can feel overwhelmed and never finish.

Droofus meantioned the warstore and I would second them. I've ordered from them a couple times and I've never been dissapointed. The customer service is great. Remember though if you play at a store at least buy something there, or the store won't exsist anymore. Here are some other good sites:

for bitz:

http://www.bitkingdom.com/catalog/vi.../wfcatalog.asp

Cool vehicle bitz:

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/in...roducts_id=120

Great place to trade away marines if you don't want them. A lot more people view this site over our trading boards:

http://www.bartertown.com/trading/

scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 14:58   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ive noticed something that offended me a little yesterday. Did you know that the assault on black reach paint set doesn't have green I was like WTF..... (darn oomies and there space marine favoritism)......

Anyway yeah AOBR are a great way to get more orks I actually just recently ordered 2 with a space marine friend we split the cost and we bought them from to war store 2 aobr for 48$ is a pretty good deal. He's right though make sure to still buy from the shop GW still needs money to and it's not like you don't get cool bags......

I figure I have persuaded 3 people to buy from games workshop and 2 spent 200 each and 1 spent like 700 cause he's insane damn daemonhunter. anyways AOBR=Good
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 15:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for all the replies guys. I forgot to mention I was splitting it with a buddy so He got the marines and I got the orks. Also I got two of the 10 man ork sprues for 7.99 from the warstore so Ill have 60 boyz now!
Valten is offline   Reply With Quote