Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

S.O.S: Cheese List Help
Old 17 Mar 2009, 02:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default S.O.S: Cheese List Help

I person I watched play yesterday was using the ridiculous Vulkan flame spam combination with a armoured touch (for those who haven't played against this or haven't encountered this before: with Vulkan the flamers become twin-linked, and therefore you re-roll wounds [!!]). So I was hoping for a sweet and cheap solution (Good 'Ol Poorhammer!) and though I found some interesting things that might work, (Bikers, K.O.S., possibly Lootaz or Flash Gitz with the 'shooty upgrades). The problem is that these referred to solutions seem rather expensive (if you find yourself shaking your head then scream at me in the comments box) so I was hoping that Zenai or maybe CanaBeBe had a handy trick: and if there is some loophole to exploit against this (minus dousing the player with a convinient jerry-can of gas and running at him screaming "IS IT FUNNY NOW?!!" Pre-meditated murder seems like something getting a -1 Karma cookie : )
Anyways thanks all, hopefull someone has a helpful solution to [shudder] Salamander SM pyromaniacs
Medusa
Old 17 Mar 2009, 03:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: S.O.S: Cheese List Help

Explain to us what type of units he is taking and the tactics he is using. The one salamander player I've seen has the thunderhammer terminators in a flaming land raider and then a bunch of squad with melta/flamers in rhinos.

Best thing about flamers is they are such short range. If he is close enough to flame you, take casualities for the boyz closest to the enemy so he can't charge you. Next turn you should easily be able to get a charge in. Spread your boyz out. There is a big difference between covering 9 boyz or covering 3.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 06:06   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Did someone ask me by name? Ha! I laugh at Vulkan. Space Marine Cheeze? Ork Cheeze is way better! My Nob Bikerz laugh at Flamers (4+ Armor Save and FNP), Heavy Flamers (5+ Invulnerable Save and FNP) and Meltaguns as well as Multi-Melta (3/4+ Cover Save).

The solution here is Nobz especially Nob Bikerz. As seen above, Nob Bikerz can shrug off Flamer Weapons. And they don't kill the Nob outright. Nobz has 2 Wounds, remember that. Equipped them all with Warbike, 'Eavy Armor and Cybork Body and you're looking at one of the toughest thing in 40K. Add a Painboy along (with Warbike and Cybork Body too) and you will be accused of Cheeze. To add salt to the wound, try this configuration to abuse the Wound Allocation system:

1 Nob equipped with Power Klaw and Kombi-Rokkit
1 Nob equipped with Power Klaw and Kombi-Skorcha
1 Nob equipped with Power Klaw and Slugga
1 Nob equipped with Big Choppa and Kombi-Rokkit
1 Nob equipped with Big Choppa and Kombi-Skorcha
1 Nob equipped with Big Choppa and Slugga
1 Nob equipped with Choppa and Kombi-Rokkit
1 Nob equipped with Choppa and Kombi-Skorcha
1 Nob equipped with Choppa and Slugga
1 Painboy

Naturally, Orkz don't do well against Flamers and Meltas, to be honest. But I found that Nobz can be an exception to this. Pretty much use the Warbiker models to be Nob Bikerz. You just turn a 100+ Point Unit into a 600+ Point Killing-Machine-Cheeze-Orkz-Thingy. Hope this helps
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you are going to go the nob biker route and don't want to spend a lot of money they can be converted from AOBR deffkoptas/nobs.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Its so beautiful seeing fellow orky's talking amogest eachother to learn how to better stomp our foe's it makes me cry with joy :'(
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2009, 03:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sweet guys thanks for the help, Will have to try the nob biker root.