Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warlords and snipers
Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Warlords and snipers

Firstly snipers, i know that Orks are cc, but could't grots be given snipers, like the rattlings from the Imperial guard, or like theirs sub-species and temperments of Orks, like gretchin or kommandos for example, so what if a new sub-species grows that are taller, thinner but still have big mucles could be the snipers.

I also think that warlords should get their own figures, i know theirs Warboss figures, but since the biggest lead, and warlords are the leaders of their warbands they should get their own figure. One taller than a space marine maybe. Has the best gear, the biggest body and maybe their own little grot assistant, or even a meganobil and their could also be a model of a Warlord on a bike or truck.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Warlords and snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrySCORCH62
Firstly snipers, i know that Orks are cc, but could't grots be given snipers, like the rattlings from the Imperial guard, or like theirs sub-species and temperments of Orks, like gretchin or kommandos for example, so what if a new sub-species grows that are taller, thinner but still have big mucles could be the snipers.
No. For several reasons. 1) Orks value loud, powerful weapons...not quiet, accurate ones. 2) Grots, while they might be able to be sneaky, wouldn't necessarily be good at shooting.

Ratlings thrive in cover and specialize in shooting sniper rifles. Unfortunately or fortunately, there really isn't any precedent to have Orks or Gretchen using sniper rifles.

Quote:
I also think that warlords should get their own figures, i know theirs Warboss figures, but since the biggest lead, and warlords are the leaders of their warbands they should get their own figure. One taller than a space marine maybe. Has the best gear, the biggest body and maybe their own little grot assistant, or even a meganobil and their could also be a model of a Warlord on a bike or truck.
Warbosses do have their own figures.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

Aside from the AoBR warboss, there are two metal Warboss models and one meganob Warboss (Ghazghkull).
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

firstly I also said there could be different temperment Ork like for example Kommandos, the don't thrive on loud weapons, the actually like stealth (by Ork standards lol).

Also warbosses have their own figuers but the only Warlord model I can think of is Ghazghkull.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 01:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Actually in the book Rebel Winter by Steve Parker IG units come under grot sniper fire. So yes orks do have snipers regretfully though they don;'t get them in the game.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 02:15   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

they also come under grot sniper fire in 15 hours i cant verify rebel winter haven't got that far yet but i think they don't have it cause it would just waste money no one would buy the snipers because all in all flash gitz solve the problem of heavy armor you don't need something else
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 03:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Taco, PLEASE use some puncuation. It's really difficult to understand what you're trying to say, if anything.

Gretchen are the only orkoid species that could possibly have the patience and skill for use as snipers, but unfortunately I can't imagine any of them living long enough or somehow holding onto a gun accurate enough to fill that role in nay but a few isolated incidents (or in a rebel grot army, but that's an entirely different can of beans). Kommandos like noisy weapons just like other orks, but understand that it's better to sneak up close BEFORE using said noisy weapons. I couldn't possibly imagine them using sniper rifles, as they view stealth not so much as a means to not be shot up, but a means to get closer to their prey before disemboweling them.
Ninja Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco0fsteel
they also come under grot sniper fire in 15 hours i cant verify rebel winter haven't got that far yet but i think they don't have it cause it would just waste money no one would buy the snipers because all in all flash gitz solve the problem of heavy armor you don't need something else
EngRish?
VV1LD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2009, 04:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

In the previous Ork codex, it was in fact possible to have Ork Lootas with sniper rifles. Unfortunately, they hit on a 2+ instead of the normal 4+ and it was possible for the Orks to shoot themselves. Rogue Trader states that Gretchin when they do fight like to stay as far away from melee as they can and will use unorky weapons like blunderbusses or flintlocks.

As for Grots, the longest-lived one was Makari, who lived a full 9 years before his owner accidentally sat on him. He was the Ork equivalent of cut-me-own-throat dibbler, selling old mushrooms to people, and starting a squig-poodle craze, although most his earnings tended to go to the grot mafia in the form of 'protection teef'. The Grot goons actually carried pliers with them so they could extract teef from Grots that didn't pay up.

But the point is that Grots are capable of being snipers. If you want to, you could model your kannons as sniper-teams, with the Grots carrying anti-material rifle and being sniper-spotter teams.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 19:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Grot snipers are not only plausible, they exist in 40k black library, in the previously mentioned 15 hours novel, and rebel winter.
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:11   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sorry for my bad English, but what i was trying to say is, the idea would fit lore wise but there would be no point, they already have anti heavy armor and hero weapons in the ork armory they don't need any more.

Flash gitz

Power klaws (If range is a problem use a deffkopta and buzzsaw this will usually do the job)

If you really want snipers though just remember Orks can pretty much do whatever they want with conversion's so go ahead and do it, but I want to see pictures when your done. ;D
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote