Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Lootas
Reply
Old 13 Mar 2009, 19:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Lootas

Yo, so i bought a box set of lootas/burnas, and so far i've made four lootas but i have enough parts to make one more model. but it can't be a loota becaue thiers only four deffguns. so i can either make a burna boy, a burna mek with a kustom mega blaster. Before, however i got the AoBR box set unfortunatly i lost a head from one of the deffcopters, so i could use the spare head to create the final deffcopter, and then i'll have three altogether. So what do you guys think?
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 19:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 526
Default Re: Lootas

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrySCORCH62
Yo, so i bought a box set of lootas/burnas, and so far i've made four lootas but i have enough parts to make one more model. but it can't be a loota becaue thiers only four deffguns. so i can either make a burna boy, a burna mek with a kustom mega blaster. Before, however i got the AoBR box set unfortunatly i lost a head from one of the deffcopters, so i could use the spare head to create the final deffcopter, and then i'll have three altogether. So what do you guys think?
Just hold onto the other body, order 4 Burnas and 4 loots gun bits from a bitz site, then buy two more boxes of burnas/lootas, and one box of boys.

That way, you can make 15 Burnas, and 15 Lootas, ($210) for at little as $140.
ct_drummer_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Re: Lootas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Lulz
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrySCORCH62
Yo, so i bought a box set of lootas/burnas, and so far i've made four lootas but i have enough parts to make one more model. but it can't be a loota becaue thiers only four deffguns. so i can either make a burna boy, a burna mek with a kustom mega blaster. Before, however i got the AoBR box set unfortunatly i lost a head from one of the deffcopters, so i could use the spare head to create the final deffcopter, and then i'll have three altogether. So what do you guys think?
Just hold onto the other body, order 4 Burnas and 4 loots gun bits from a bitz site, then buy two more boxes of burnas/lootas, and one box of boys.

That way, you can make 15 Burnas, and 15 Lootas, ($210) for at little as $140.
Sorry mate i don't want to go that way with my Orks. At the moment i want to buy some tanks, other specialists or maybe a megnob. Thanks for the idea thought mate.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,920
Default Re: Lootas

Ask around, people always have extra heads laying about. I know I've got a ziplock bag full of them. Many hobby store have bitz boxes too, so ask them as well.

If you want more lootas just convert that last body to be a loota instead of a mek/burna. You can also use the burna parts to make deffguns. It really isn't that hard to do. Being an ork player, realize that you don't need to buy any of the GW models for units, but can convert all the regular AOBR boyz into them, and save lots of money.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Re: Lootas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Ask around, people always have extra heads laying about. I know I've got a ziplock bag full of them. Many hobby store have bitz boxes too, so ask them as well.

If you want more lootas just convert that last body to be a loota instead of a mek/burna. You can also use the burna parts to make deffguns. It really isn't that hard to do. Being an ork player, realize that you don't need to buy any of the GW models for units, but can convert all the regular AOBR boyz into them, and save lots of money.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Re: Lootas

I'm learning to play tommorro so i don't know that much abouy converting, anyhow, there were actually a few heads spare so i used on of them. Anyhow i was thinking of using the burna Mek with a kustom mega blaster (any good anyone) to protect them since the lootas are long range and i think that the kustom mega blaster is a short range scorcher or something like that.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:42   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31
Default Re: Lootas

You obviously wanna keep ur lootas long range but the thing you need to know is as an ork player most army's wont even try charging you the only 2 i can think of are fellow orks and tyranids your lootas will be quite safe from assault and you cant use a kustom mega blasta in assault so it wouldn't matter.The key thing is who are your common opponents?
Taco0fsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 20:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Re: Lootas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco0fsteel
You obviously wanna keep ur lootas long range but the thing you need to know is as an ork player most army's wont even try charging you the only 2 i can think of are fellow orks and tyranids your lootas will be quite safe from assault and you cant use a kustom mega blasta in assault so it wouldn't matter.The key thing is who are your common opponents?
Where i'm going i think there a few people who play Orks. I could make the burna mek and have it lead my boyz when they charge my opponents, or, it could just be a lone character with no attachments.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 21:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,920
Default Re: Lootas

I would hold off on making a burna mek until you're sure you want to play with one. The KMB mek with the loota squad is basically a waste of firepower. You want to maximize the number of shots from the deffguns, and the mek doesn't help at all. If you keep the lootas away from the table edges you won't have to worry about them getting in to hand to hand from outflankers. Deep strikers can't assault the turn they come in, and anyone coming across the board will have to deal with the other orks. Lootas should only ever worry about what to shoot, and not what is going to attack them.

Don't worry about being new and converting; everyone has to start somewhere. Best thing about ork conversions is they don't have to look good to be orky. You can totally butcher a custom trukk, but no one will be able to tell. Try doing that with an Eldar skimmer, and people would notice.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 21:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 137
Default Re: Lootas

Lol thats cool, i might do that to a tau hammerhead. Could i take a non 40k model e.g a regular tank model, and add its treads to a 40k grav tank or would that be illegal in games/tournaments?

Cheers

Also, i will probably leave the mek for now

again cheers mate.
angrySCORCH62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lootas & the Mek willwills Orks 6 21 Feb 2010 02:52
How many lootas should i take Atlantis Orks 4 21 Nov 2009 20:30
How do you use Lootas? scar face Orks 8 26 Nov 2008 14:42
Lootas Nox Orks 9 28 Sep 2008 20:18
Ork Lootas Shas´O T´au Mont´yr Showcase 5 12 Feb 2008 23:06