Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tales of Snikrot and Da Redskull Kommandos
Old 18 Feb 2009, 13:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tales of Snikrot and Da Redskull Kommandos

I had a gmae the other day against a salamander player who was mechanized. He hid 2 rhinos and a whirlwind, between them behind a building in the center of table about 7 inches from the edge. In each of the rhinos was a squad 5 marines with a Multi-Melta and a flamer. They had not moved in turn one and Snikrot and his kommandos came on turn 2. This meant that they would be auto hit if I could assualt them....

I did assault them and how. The assualt phase saw Snikrot himself destroying the right rhino and everyone inside, while the two boyz caused the whirlwind to be stunned and lose it main gun. Finally the rest of the squad caused two immoblized, and 2 weapon destroyed thus destroying the rhino and everyone inside.

In total I killed 430pts from the rhinos/spacemarines and effectively took out (did not destroy though) the whirlwind. Overall it was a great ambush. Would love to hear about your Snikrot Ambushes as well!!!
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 13:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tales of Snikrot and Da Redskull Kommandos

My best Snikrot use was in 4th against a Guard player who was infantry heavy. They came in on turn 4 and flamed then charged two of his standard troop units, destroying both. I then consolidated into another unit and removed that to then considate into a 4th unit, which again was taken down. The good old days of consolidating into assault.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 13:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wow, duly noted if I ever play someone running Snikrot! :|

Offtopic Question: Can Space Marines take a Basilisk?

EDIT: edited spelling.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 15:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

opps my bad I meant to type whirlwind.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 19:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Snikrot is one of my favorite special characters.
He's only failed to hamstring my opponent in only one game I can easily recall (Daemons, what can you do you know?).
He's killed Dev squads, Vindicators, Rhinos and assassinated many, many an IC (Librarians, Sorcerers, etc).
My best ambush (I think I posted it up, but I'm not sure), involved him taking out a tank and then WAARGHing up a three story building to kill a Thunderfire cannon. That act alone has kept the Ultramarines from ever bringing it back
Although my most favorite memory re: Snikrot, was when I was playing a Tyranid player for the second time, though not using Snikrot this time. After asking twice to make sure that Snikrot was NOT around, he still kept his entire army 12" from all the edges, and pretty much allowed me to run up his flanks.
I think Snikrot's real value is the fear that he generates, as everyone who has ever been assaulted by the Red Shadow of Armagheddon remembers it and thus drastically changes their deployment. It's also fun to watch people drive their tanks around to try and prevent the auto-hits. And it prevents them from firing the majority of their weapons
Ah, waxing nostalgic and all...

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 21:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I remember that battrep Bigtoof. I pictured Snikrot silently climbing up that building then tossing the servitor off the side. A feat of strength later he throws the thunderfire cannon off as well, crushing the servitor.

So far my best ambush was one of my most recent games, where he took out a unit of pathfinders, a farseer, and if the game would have continued a group of dire avengers, and probably a vyper.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2009, 03:33   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I love taking a squad with Snikrot and then another squad of normal Kommandos especially if i get them on the same turn. i end up getting him, a nob with PK, and 28 boyz all ready to krunch someones face in.

for instance, while using a Nob bike squad with warboss and Gretchin with my SAG i managed to get them so worked up over those nobs that they pretty much backed into a corner around the end their turn 2. on the beginning of turn 3 i got both my kommando squads in and rolled a 6 for positioning with the nob kommandos they came in from the left side as far up as was legal, and Snikrot came in on their side crushing them in the middle. it was a delicious Victory, at the start of turn 4 they conceded.
Zekery is offline   Reply With Quote