Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

WYSIWYG - Mega Armor
Old 07 Feb 2009, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default WYSIWYG - Mega Armor

Hey there, I'm fairly new to 40k and after deciding to play Orks, I thought I would give my Warboss some Mega Armor, because frankly +6 just doesn't cut it. So I was wondering: how can I represent this on the model?

The_Great_Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: WYSIWYG - Mega Armor

Buy the Thrakka model and go to town is the easiest method, where the alternative is to build it via platic card.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 19:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, I dont know if you want any alternatives or not, but what I do is put my warboss in a group of nobz with a painboy and give him cybork armor. So he gets a 5+ invulnerable and a 4+ FNP. or you could give him 'eavy armor so he gets to 4+ saves, almost as good as a 2+. The only thing i dont like about the mega armor is that whoever you put him with is going to get slowed down by his slow and purposeful. But if you dont go with Ghaz and make your own id like to see pics!
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

At the bottom of this Battrep is a pic of my Bigmek in Mega Armour. 1/2 of my BigMeks (I don;t field Warbosses) are either based of an Ogre Body or Thrakkas..you want them big and mean this is the way to go.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=76872.0
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Fingon

Scroll down in this thread, You'll find a warboss converted out of ghazgull thaka and the aobr warboss. And a mek converted from A mek and a meganob.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=71939.0

How does one kill that which has no life?

The statement below is false
----------------------------
The statement above is true
Fingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2009, 22:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

I only used an AOBR head + a few IG grenade launchers to convert the warboss.

As for your problem the best way is to just use trakka and give him a new head and maybe a new gun. (convert him a bit to fit your tase personnaly I hated the smallness of his gun and his back banner so I fixed that.)
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 17:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

me personally, im just making it out of plasticard
the one thing to remember when doing this, is that it's OK to cut through the plastic model and make the card fit, as thats what people will be seeing. otherwise, you have alot of trouble with the nobz jaunty angles
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 23:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have the same problem - no idea how to represent my Mega-Warboss. I'm currently proxying with my AoBR-Warboss, but that's not really satisfying.

I'm considering Ghazkull, but I have the following questions:

1) How big is Ghaz compared to "normal" Meganobs?

2) How big is Ghaz head compared to normal Orks? I'm thinking about giving him the head of the Kommando-Nob with the cigar... Sounds about right for a Bad Moon Tykoon.

3) Any ideas how to represent an Attack Squig? I thought about buying Gobbla from the Night Goblin Special Character, but it wouldn't fit on the base ^^

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2009, 05:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Fingon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
I have the same problem - no idea how to represent my Mega-Warboss. I'm currently proxying with my AoBR-Warboss, but that's not really satisfying.

I'm considering Ghazkull, but I have the following questions:

1) How big is Ghaz compared to "normal" Meganobs?

2) How big is Ghaz head compared to normal Orks? I'm thinking about giving him the head of the Kommando-Nob with the cigar... Sounds about right for a Bad Moon Tykoon.

3) Any ideas how to represent an Attack Squig? I thought about buying Gobbla from the Night Goblin Special Character, but it wouldn't fit on the base ^^

Cheers,
-Bone
In the link i posted earlier you can see ghazgull next to a mek model converted from the normal meganob body.

How does one kill that which has no life?

The statement below is false
----------------------------
The statement above is true
Fingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2009, 11:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

Quote:

2) Ghaz's head isn't so big I would guess a nob head would fit but not sure will check when I can.

3) I guess the squig hound from the grot kit would fit.
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote