Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New to Orkz
Old 03 Feb 2009, 16:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Monolith
Default New to Orkz

So I started to peek on GW's Ork stuff. They have always looked cool since I started with Warhammer but I didn't dare to buy them, because they were too Close Combat oriented for me but now I really fancy CC (And Lots of dakka). So here I am and want some tips for a new player and what things I should buy first.
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2009, 17:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New to Orkz

The very first thing you will need to purchase is a copy of the rules and the Ork Codex. However, as you have expressed an interest in Orks in particular, I would recommend you purchase a copy of Assault on Black Reach instead of the Rulebook; not only does it contain all the rules you need to play, but you will also end up with an Ork Warboss, 5 Nobz, 20 Boyz and 3 Deffkopters which is a good start to almost any Ork army.

Having purchased these, I'd highly recommend reading through the Codex and this forum so you can get a good idea of what kind of play style you'd like to try out; may I recommend, at a minimum, reading this thread and this thread for ideas. Orks have a great deal of options when it comes to play styles so you're not lacking in choice.

Unless you decide to play a speciality army, such as Deffwing (all MegaNobz army) or Ravensquig (all Warbikers and Nobz Bikers), then boxes of Ork Boyz will always be worthwhile purchases. If you need all of the contents of the box then the Ork Battleforce is a very good buy; you save £12 (ignoring VAT deductions) compared to purchasing the models individually so if you are after all the models in there then it will save you money. If you fancy playing an Ork horde army, then the cheapest way to do this is to purchase Da Green Tide; this saves you £32 (ignoring VAT deductions) and gets you 100 Boyz and a Warboss!

To be honest, until you choose what direction your army will take, I can't really give you much more advice on what to purchase, but I hope that what I've given you will help you out.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

You can save £25 on Da Green Tide (100 orks) by buying it from www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk
25% savings = £75 for 100 orks = 75 pence each. Not bad!

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 15:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Got a direct link? I've just searched the site and I can't find it anywhere.

To be honest, I don't expect to do so since I was of the understanding that Da Green Tide was a GW Mail Order exclusive and couldn't be purchased through third parties.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 18:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm sure I saw it one there a few weeks ago "limited stock". It's gone now... shame

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote