Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Revenge is a dish best served cold... (HELP)
Old 27 Jan 2009, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Revenge is a dish best served cold... (HELP)

I am outraged.

I've been collecting orks now for about...3 weeks (shh) ^^ and well I really do own with them, u name it I've owned it and at the head of all this slaughter is the one and only Ghazghkull Thraka ofc.

Now with my Tau my nemisis was the nercons cuz well they just annoy the hell out of me, but once I started collecting orks and fighting with them the necrons started to fail misaribly which is a damn good feeling when you can say to a necron player in turn like 3 "You Phase out mate" :P. So with the necrons offically owned I play a guy I had no trouble with b4 with my Tau and thats the acursed Grey Knights. Now technically i did win, but..but...but Ghazghkull Died to this gay Forceweapon thingy and tbh 4's then 2's then I have a 5 invun i fail one and all he has to do is pass a leadership of 10 and all my wounds just go, and i was like "HA, I'm IMMUNE!" and he was like "ERR, NO!". So I cried :P (Inside) ^^ and the game went on to like 40 boys just pounding on his ass, and looters shooting his face off, so i managed to win. BUT... I WANT REVENGE! Ghazghkull won't stand for it.

So ^^ Basically I need a way to weaken them down first. I mean I did do WAAAGH b4 but he just owned me the turn after with that skill and he had about 5 termos with this guy so there was no way of taking him down. Second trick is his Double bubble of LandRaiders, one carries his termos and the other his grey knights which don't bother me. So right, all I need is a way to destory at least the one raider thats holding his Termos so that when there out I can just Looter them in the face then when its just the guy summitmaster dude with one wound I'll WAAAGH him in the FACE!!! HA-HA-HA

Thanks for reading (and helping if u can)
ZoDan xxx
Old 27 Jan 2009, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Revenge is a dish best served cold... (HELP)

Alright, first of all: Clean up your spelling (no chat speak, please), and tone down the cursing.

Now, a couple of things: The thing that killed Ghazkull is a Force Weapon, and, yes, Ghazkull would have been immune to it, since his adamantine skull grants him immunity from "instant kill" attacks - and that's bascially what a Force Weapon does.

Now, as regards destroying the Land Raiders: Orks have some problems fighting AV 14 vehicles from a distance; your best bet would be to powerklaw them, but that means going into CC, which would allow the Terminators to assault on their turn. Apart from that, Zzzap Guns might be an option, but they are very random, and score on average an penetration strength of 10,5. The Snotzogga might be helpful, but it is very random.
The best option is probably the Deffrolla/Battlewagon raming attack. Depending on your rules interpretation, you can use the Rolla on vehicles, which would spell certain doom evern for a Land Raider, and then, in addition, you would score the ramming hit.

As for shooting with Lootas at Terminators: That's a waste of shots. Even though you easily wound them, it is difficult to penetrate their armour. I'd advise you to use either a suicide squad of Burnas attacking them (I4 Power Weapons striking at the same time as the Termies and their weapons), or just swamping em with the Boys.

Cheers,
-Bone

PS: Seriously. Work on your sentence structure, spelling and the cursing. This is no chat room. Proper spelling is mandatory.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
If the test is passed then the opponent is slain outright, no matter how many wounds it has.

-pg. 17 Codex: Daemonhunters
Nowhere does it mention the rule: Instant Death. So, Daemonhunters' Force Weapons don't actually cause Instant Death by RAW. So sadly Gazghkull can actually be killed in one go with a DH Force Weapon, as he is immune to Instant Death, not the effect of these Force Weapons (along with anything else "immune to Instant Death"). The Adepticon FAQ is also in agreement here:

Quote:
DH.17H.01 – Q: Does a Daemonhunter Force Weapon
‘slay outright’ as in the codex or does it inflict
‘instant death’ as in the rulebook?

A: The Daemonhunter Force Weapon slays outright and
therefore models immune to Instant Death can still be
affected by it [RAW].
It may not make sense (as new force weapons do cause Instant Death), but by RAW, your opponent was correct.

As Bonesaw said, orks have a tough time dealing with AV14. I simply endorse his advice on using power klaws, as that's the most effective method. A tooled-up Nob squad (with Gazzy if you feel so inclined >) in a Deff Rolla Battlewagon would just roll over what ever is in the way. Just make sure you keep it hidden from the lascannons on the Land Raiders.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks Guys.

I didn't think of the battlewagon tactic and even then I can just jump out and assault him in the face ^^.
I Normally have 4 Mega armoured nobz with him, gd/bad? personally I think they just look cool :P.

P.s Take a chill pill BoneSaw lol, if you look I did start off correctly I just lost myself in the story. and second if I was to be dyslectic you'd feel like a right idiot. So I think careful consideration is mandatory too .
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Heya ZoDan.

First off, correct spelling and grammar is obligatory per the Official Rules. Plus, my friend is partially dyslexic and you splel thnigs lkie htsi. Its a disease that affects how your brain interprets and reads tidbits of information in spelling and writing. It does not force you to write internet slang. The rules are in place to help other members interpret and respond to your post more quickly and accurately. Follow them.

Ghazghkull is a mean IC, and is even meaner when accompanied with MANz. Its a good formation, but a lot of your points are in one unit. Make sure that you protect them at all costs. Also, I hope that they are mounted in either a Battle Wagon, Trukk, or Looted Wagon, because Mega Armored Orks are extremely slow, as per the Slow and Purposeful rule. I agree with Bonesaw's assessment on your problem with AV14 armor. Power Klaw them with a group of Nobs or even Ghazzy & Co. The sheer number of attacks at Strength 10 will overwhelm them in no time.

Cheers and good luck!

Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoDan
I didn't think of the battlewagon tactic and even then I can just jump out and assault him in the face ^^.
I Normally have 4 Mega armoured nobz with him, gd/bad? personally I think they just look cool :P.
I use MANz myself, they are awesome. 4 Nobs equal to 16 Powerklaw attacks at S9 during a charge - nothing to scoff at. A unit of 3 has chewed through half a Necron army last time I played...
I would keep them away from those Grey Knight Termies, though. Grey Knights strike first, have S6 and Energy weapons IIRC - they eat MANZ for breakfast. Nobs of all kinds should make quite a detour around those guys, imo... Better grind them down with Shootas, or swamp 'em.

I used to run my Warboss with my MANz, but soon found out that this is definitely overkill. If you already have 4 MANz, consider using Ghazkull on his own, or at least to separate him from his MANz-entourage before assaulting. This way, you're able to cover two different targets at the same time.

Quote:
P.s Take a chill pill BoneSaw lol, if you look I did start off correctly I just lost myself in the story. and second if I was to be dyslectic you'd feel like a right idiot. So I think careful consideration is mandatory too .
I found it incredibly hard to decipher your first post. At first I thought you had a problem with Necrons, before realising that it's Grey Knights you're actually having troubles with. "Losing yourself" in your story is nice, but reading through the whole thing again and making sure it makes sense for someone who wasn't there is not only not much work, it is also a sign of respect and politeness for those who you expect to read and comment on your post. Also don't forget that for quite a lot of people here English is not their first language (mine is German, for example), which makes proper English even more important for communication.
IF you would be dyslexic (which you aren't, I suppose), that would not change much. There's a spell checker, and the structure of the post as well as not using chat speek would not have been influenced by dyslexia, at least as far as I know. Proper spelling doesn't take much time, helps everyone involved understanding your post, is a sign of politeness, and, if that isn't enough, is mandatory on these Boards.

Me pointing out your spelling is not a personal attack. I am just reminding you of the Board rules - both to try and make sure your future posts are easier to read and to keep you (yes, you! ) out of trouble - bad spelling might be okay your first two dozen posts or so, but sooner or later, a Mod will take a closer look at your posting habits - and, as I said: Proper Spelling is mandatory http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=224.0.

Cheers,
-Bone

PS: Dang, ninja'd by iRastafari...
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoDan
Actually this is borderline flaming, if you look at Bonesaw post (shown here below) he was quite polite and considerate in the way he reminded you of the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Alright, first of all: Clean up your spelling (no chat speak, please), and tone down the cursing.

[...]

PS: Seriously. Work on your sentence structure, spelling and the cursing. This is no chat room. Proper spelling is mandatory.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 00:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw
There's a spell checker
Which disappeared into the abyss : ...
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 00:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
There's a spell checker
Actually, I don't think there is anymore...but if you have Firefox there should be one built in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Actually this is borderline flaming, if you look at Bonesaw post (shown here below) he was quite polite and considerate in the way he reminded you of the rules you agreed to abide by when you joined this forum.
Exactly, I wanted to point that out myself...

Whether you like it or not he's right, it's a forum rule and one that we take pretty seriously, and he did politely remind you at that.

Another thing you may want to keep in mind is the use of the word "gay" in a derogatory manner. Some people here will take offense to that, and I myself don't even like seeing it used that way, either.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 00:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's alright, Boneguard. I could have been nicer in my initial post, but I didn't feel like spoonfeeding the Board rules to someone with kid's gloves on at this time of the day. His response was inadequate, but not what I would consider "flaming". Maybe attempted incitement of a flame war is the proper term (telling someone to "take a chill pill" usually has the opposite effect ;D), but, meh - he's new. He'll learn "Da Rules" soon enough. At least, I hope he does. I'd hate to see him cross Wargamer with a mouth like that (no, wait. Actually, I'd like to see that! Provided I can get free popcorn... ;D).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¡Rastafari Is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw
There's a spell checker
Which disappeared into the abyss : ...
Aw, dang! Still, re-reading the post is still an option ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Another thing you may want to keep in mind is the use of the word "gay" in a derogatory manner. Some people here will take offense to that, and I myself don't even like seeing it used that way, either.
Yeah, I wanted to comment on that, as well. Nothing wrong with being gay (IIRC, "gay" is also a word for "happy" ).

But now, quick, back on topic! ^-^

Cheers,
-Bone