Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Combatting the Blood God
Old 26 Jan 2009, 22:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Combatting the Blood God

I'm having a really hard time fighting Khorne based armies in my area. The core of my army is 2 battlewagons, eahc of which has 18 boyz, a PK nob, and a PK warboss, plus a squad of 6 nob bikers with 2 PKs. There is more than one khorne army that I've faced, but typically they feature a mix between marked Chaos Marines squads and actual Berserkers. Most of them also feature slanneshi sorcerers using the lash of submission.

I have two questions: What tactics should I be using to beat these guys using my list? How could I tailor my list to fight these forces?

If I get some good suggestions I may write up a battle report.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Combatting the Blood God

I have the oppisate problem.

I have really big problem with wiping out Ork armies with my Khorne.

Honestly, play your chips right. Get Charge. If the Berserkers get the charge then your boned, royally. Thing is, the Khorne Player will be trying to outwit your charges or set traps for you (daemons do a great job of this). Avoid that where ever possible. but you cant stay out of combat, one of you will be in there by at least turn 3 (usually turn 2, sometimes turn 1).

Its all about using the ranges to your advantage.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 06:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Which ork armies do you have a hard time with? I ask because that might give me some insight the tactics khorne has a hard time dealing with.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 07:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I think he doesn't have a hard time at all, he wipes the floor with them consistently. See this thread.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2009, 14:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

*Sigh*: Khorne armies lead by Slaaneshi Sorcerers...yet another sign that Chaos is messed up.

Bring old Zogwart for a spin. Have him turn said sorcerers into Squigs. ;D
Old 27 Jan 2009, 14:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Malcaor:
I share your quaking boots regarding the khornites!
The only thing I have found is that they too rely on the charge!
From what it sounds like you have three big units that are probably taking up most of your points, and perhaps (sadly enough) this is your problem.
The Orks have quite a bit of oomph if they get the charge off, but otherwise, they are going to be ground into little bits of orky paste otherwise...
The khornites are very bad, very choppy, but also are really expensive. If your khorn-mates are anything like mine, then they probably have berzerkers riding around in rhinos, and (if they feel really mean) they have Twin-LC Termies riding around in a Land Raider... If they ALSO (as you mentioned) are using a single (or dear goodness twin) Lash list, then that is also a LOT of points (and HQ slots) that are going to be used as primary support to their hitters. Still, in essence they will be sporting probably less than 3-4 "hitter squads" with Lash/shooty support (probably a vindicator or predator).
That being said, I have found that moving fast and target saturation is your friend. Khornites are only really good at killing one target (though really really well) per squad, so you'll have to play counter-punchy. Try to outnumber them and you'll have to sacrifice squads to slow them down. The berzerkers can eventually grind down orks, but if you can tie them up until a fresh mob hits them from behind (or your Nob Bikers! Umm.. just don't throw the Bikers into the LC termies, that's just bad...) then you'll be ok. Khornites also don't shoot well. Aside from their support (remember, their land raider can't move 12" and fire), they can't give you too much trouble. Blow up their rides and they'll have to slog all the way across the board. If you get that lucky, keep falling back and give them dakka! And umm... if the sorcerers/princes give you problems, get lootas. They can't hide from them (at least not without some effort...)!
Also, HIDE IN THE BATTLEWAGONS (if they're opened topped you can still shoot at them). Granted, the khornites will charge them and blow them up, but you'll bail out (hopefully with minimal casualties ) and then get off a decent dakka/charge combination. And ahem, as far as I know, (it's never been done to me anyway) vehicles can't be lashed

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2009, 20:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
*Sigh*: Khorne armies lead by Slaaneshi Sorcerers...yet another sign that Chaos is messed up.

Bring old Zogwart for a spin. Have him turn said sorcerers into Squigs. ;D
You better not be acusing me of that!

I have NEVER taken a marked HQ other than that of Khorne in my Khorne army.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 00:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

try switching it around. When playing your khorne buddies, drop the slugga boyz in the battlewagons, and up the squad size with shoota boyz. Perhaps you can do a rapid deploy sort of thing, where you have large number of shoot'a boyz inside of your battlewagons. After riding forward, have them dropped down and unload on the small numbered khorne berserkers. then, preceed with either taking the charge or delivering, hoping that the large number of shots has significantly whittled the khornies away.
Warboss Vandersnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 00:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just off the top of my head without making substantial army list changes, I'd try deploying the boyz on foot before marching forward behind a screen of charge-absorbent grotz. You can still use those empty Deff-Rolla equipped transports to menace your opponent's flanks. Provided you concentrate on disabling your opponent's transports, and you shouldn't find yourself out-maneuvered.
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..." ~ Terry Pratchett
ParadoxRifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Excellent advice guys, thanks so much. I'll let you guys know how it turns out the next time I go up against Khorne.