Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Fluff- weapons
Old 23 Jan 2009, 01:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Ork Fluff- weapons

As ork weaponry is more about what they think the weapon does rather than what it actualy does, it got me thinking; if a dud shell flew at some orks and they saw it just before it landed, would it explode? Hmmm..

Old 23 Jan 2009, 01:36   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Ork Fluff- weapons

Well to give a suggestion to the question.I've read the codex a few times and that part about the ork mental influnince over there weopons has also confused me to.But my opinon is that if the ork could see the shell, I think that it wouldn't have any effect do to the fact that there mental power only works on there weopons but.....in the case of a weirdboy he might be able to counter the shell seeing as though they can influnce his mind powers to the fullest extent.But to some it all up the ork would probably be blown apart into tiny little pecies ;D
Old 23 Jan 2009, 14:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFarsight
As ork weaponry is more about what they think the weapon does rather than what it actualy does, it got me thinking; if a dud shell flew at some orks and they saw it just before it landed, would it explode? Hmmm..
You know, this whole "Orky psychic stuff" is the only thing about Ork fluff I don't like.

But, to let's try to lay some basic rules:

1) It works only for things they construct.
2) It works only for something that (at least vaguely) looks like it could actually DO the thing in question
3) It works only if the weapon/gubbinz in question is very close to working, anyway - i.e. a Snotzogga for example does something unstable with the warp, and is possibly even opening a warp portal - but to move it to the right place and utilise it as a "reliable" weapon, Orky psychology comes in.

So, no, it wouldn't work on wepaons from other races. I mean, come on, which Ork right in his head would actually BELIEVE that half of the Space Pansies stuff would actually work? it looks so... weedy and Grot-like, yet those thin light.... thingies actually cut down hundreds of dem lads every year!

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 01:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

There has been discussions of this some times before.
Here's a link to one of the better debates on the topic:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43925.0

Cheers
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote