Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

NEW ORK ARMY
Old 19 Jan 2009, 22:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to runer60000
Default NEW ORK ARMY

Ever since the new ork codex came out, i have been reading it nonstop, and i have made the decision that im going to start a new ork army. But, i would like to hear from ork players about what a good, large army of orks would have and how they would be used. When i buy the new army, im going to start large, around 1500 to 2000 points.

Plus, i have a few questions about the orks i would like specifically answered:
  • What is a good size unit of ork Boyz?
  • With the warboss ability to have one meganobz squad a troop choice, would it be useful to max out the squad and have a battlewagon dedicated transport?
  • What would be the best choice for the warboss, mega armour, eavy armour, or on a bike with warbikers or nob bikers?
  • What is the advantage of kommandos?
  • Is having 2 pimped out battlewagons too points-heavy?
  • What are the best fast attack choices in terms of supporting fire?
  • What are some good anti-marine choices?
Against Tyranids: L2, T1, W0
Against Necrons: L1, T1, W2
Orks: L0, T1, W0
Current Eldar Standings:
Against Blood Angels: L0, T0, W0
Against Orks: L0, T0, W0
Against Tyranids: L0, T0, W2
Against Ultramarines: L0, T0, W3
runer60000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 22:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: NEW ORK ARMY

1/ 20-30, but if you ask me 30 is the only way to go due to the no retreat rule which will cut your squad numbers down in no time. The more the better.

2/ No that squad would cost you a fortune and would be overkill agaist most units in the game. The dedicated battlewagon is a nice addon for them though since it speeds up their movement. Keep the squad between 3-6 MegaNobz is my advice.

3/ Depends on what kind of army you are planning on running and who the boss is going to be hanging out with.

4/ Outflanking and infiltrating are the advantages. Coming in from the table edge can strike fear into your opponents units that are hanging out near the table edges.

5/ Yes 2 pimped out battlewagons is too heavy on the points. Pimp them out for shooting or transporting but not both. In 5th editions if that wagon moves you are not going to be shooting very much if at all. Some of the upgrades are point sinks as well since they can only be used in certain situations. An effective battle wagon should cost no more than 135 pts. I run my two at 120pts.

6/ Once again that depends on what your army is lacking. All of the choices fill a specific role, have their strengths and their weakness. They all are viable choices.

7/ Boyz and lots of them. No question about it boyz are your best bang for your buck.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 23:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Some of this is a matter of opinion, but here it gose.

1. Well, for footsloging, a full unit+nob with PK. This is your basic ork unit, and you can fit one in 500 point games (although I see you want to play bigger games anyways).

2. You can have a meganob or normal nob mob in the troop choice, and yes, a single large unit would make a great objective holder. Try for some Fire Support meganobs+shooty transport, as these guys would be hard to budge.

3. It depends. If you want to have a transport KoS thing going, you could have a meganobz wagon pick up a mega armor boss. If you want a less expensive boss that can keep up with da ladz, then 'eavy armor would be best. If you want to use a pair bicker bosses with a pair of biker nobz, well, then you'd be cheezy, but that's being discused on a differnt thread :P. No really, a biker boss is mean, and putting him in a biker list is perfect.

4. Well, infiltrating obviously. You can load them with heavy weapons and have a nice shooty base to harase the enemy early, but they get killed quickly. If you hide them well, then you can pop out of cover Turn 3 and blow up that Leman Russ before it annoys you further. But they get expensive quickly, and they get killed just as fast as normal boyz, except they are way closer to them then usual.

5. Without a doubt yes. Be conservative and only spend points in one area if you are playing to win. Expensive Jack-of-All-Trades units waste the potential they have for shooting, assulting or whatever every turn they assault or shoot. So make them shooty or...transporty?

6. Deff Koptas with TL Big shootas/rokkit launchas. They're jetbikes, so they are pretty survivable, and they are TLd, so they have a much better chance of killing what they shoot at than any other ork (not grot). And with AoBR providing good models (along with a ton of boyz), they are a pretty darn viable Fast Attack slot.

7. See above. Also see lootas. They are very shoot, and with nobz going into the Troops slot, they have room. Plus, a huge footsloging list will overwhelm most of the beakies.
Grr! Here is a new word to express my anger:

#$@&#\*%#@^@
Gaahrneedtokill

Life is a basket of crazed, flesh eating weasels.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewiththeface
my friend had a teacher on a test after getting 49 question right, he got the 50th wrong and the teacher wrote "C-c-c-c-combo breaker-r-r-r" next to it.
Notanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 23:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to runer60000

thanks. i really needed help with what to do with boyz. i was wondering whether to get 12 in a buggy or run 30 across the field. For fast attack, ill go with a big squad of stormboyz, warbikerz and maybe deffkoptas instead of warbuggies. My elites would be kommandos, tankbustas, and more meganobz. heavy support would be a battlewagon, looted wagon and maybe killa kans, if not another battlewagon. for troops, i would get 3 boyz with 20 each, 6 meganobz with trukk(cause of warboss), and a deff dread(cause of big mek). if extra points, ill just throw in some trukks for my tankbustas.

Im still unsure with the ork codex, so this might sound a little bad. please let know about changes i should make. ill make a list sometime soon. also, ill probably wont get it until christmas this year at the earliest, so i got lots of time.
Against Tyranids: L2, T1, W0
Against Necrons: L1, T1, W2
Orks: L0, T1, W0
Current Eldar Standings:
Against Blood Angels: L0, T0, W0
Against Orks: L0, T0, W0
Against Tyranids: L0, T0, W2
Against Ultramarines: L0, T0, W3
runer60000 is offline   Reply With Quote