Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warboss with powerklaw
Old 28 Dec 2008, 04:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Warboss with powerklaw

Just wondering if I understand the rulez correctly. A warboss with PK has joined a group of Nobz. They assault a group of marines, and obviously the warboss goes last. My nobs take out a few marines. The marine player can then take out the guys in base to base with my warboss, thus rendering him completely ineffective as he cannot attack his turn since he is not in base to base with any enemy models? I bought the blackreach set, so my warboss comes with his PK, but im thinking its kind of useless to me. Im better off having reagular nobz with PK's since they are part of a unit and can still attack if within 2" of another engaged nob. Does anyone use a warboss with PK's and find them useful?
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2008, 07:21   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Warboss with powerklaw

That's how assaults used to work in 4th ed. In 5th ed anyone who was engaged in combat before the punches started getting thrown gets to attack. Check out the last paragraph under Who Can Fight? in the Assault section on page 35 of the BRB. "Working out which models are engaged in combat is done at the start of the fight, and will not change until its end..."
Wiegraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2008, 02:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Wow that changes alot of things dramatically for me... thanks for pointing me to the right page!!
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2008, 00:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Please read page 49 of the new Fifth Edition rulebook. There is actually a diagram in the upper right hand corner of that page that illustrates this very example. Also read the top left column of page 37.

Yes, your Warboss gets his attacks, regardless of model removal.