Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

All-Nobz Army Cheesey?
Old 17 Dec 2008, 06:57   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default All-Nobz Army Cheesey?

I've been playing them on VASSAl for quite awhile after C_V suggest to me that a Nob Biker List fits my bill. I run 4 Nob Bikerz Mob. Here's the list. So, as the title say; how cheesey is Nob Bikerz?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 08:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Nob Bikerz Cheesey?

Like any list tailored for a specific purpose, (all nob bikers, all gaunts, all tanks), it should only be considered cheesy by those who cannot combat the list. I don't believe in cheesiness, as there is always a counter to a list. As you said 77's genestealer list tore yours apart. Saying something is cheesy is just a whiners approach to describing something they can't beat.

After looking at your list though, you should take the choppa/slugga combo off the painboyz since they trade their weapons for the doc tools and syringe.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 08:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

very :P

but don't you need to run some special character to take 2 nob bikers as troop choices?

P96 of the codex: orks?

Old 17 Dec 2008, 08:35   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
After looking at your list though, you should take the choppa/slugga combo off the painboyz since they trade their weapons for the doc tools and syringe.
Strange.....I thought they were equipped with both. In any case, I'll check my Codex when I get back home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonagon
very :P

but don't you need to run some special character to take 2 nob bikers as troop choices?

P96 of the codex: orks?

Nah, if you take a Warboss, you can take one Nob Mob as Troop Choice. Wazdakka allows you to take a Warbiker Mob as Troops.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 08:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yep, page 98 under the wargear section of the Nobz entry, "painboy replaces slugga and choppa with dok's tools and 'urty syringe". Not that that is a big deal though, being able to wound anything on a 4+ is nice, and the reason to take him in the first place; FNP.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 09:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I've heard that it was cheesy, and that biker lists were up there with the horde Ork lists that are dominating tournaments, but an all-biker army looks fun as hell, too.

How expensive would that kinda list be, though? The two troop units you could buy at a discounter and save some money, but I was a big fan of the FW nob bikers and warboss...

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 11:49   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm with Scoutfox, it's a pretty specific list that has it's strengths but it's not without a weakness either. I have never complained about any list I've played, and never will. Just because I can't beat a list does not make it unbeatable or cheesey. It's just a list that I wasn't prepared to face.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 12:19   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
How expensive would that kinda list be, though? The two troop units you could buy at a discounter and save some money, but I was a big fan of the FW nob bikers and warboss...
That's the reason I'm playing this list. 24 models in 1750-point list. Low model count, not so damaging on the wallet and still 'ard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
I'm with Scoutfox, it's a pretty specific list that has it's strengths but it's not without a weakness either. I have never complained about any list I've played, and never will. Just because I can't beat a list does not make it unbeatable or cheesey. It's just a list that I wasn't prepared to face.
Well, I'm playing an all Nob Biker list because it's has a very low model count. I can't bear to start another Horde army @_@" At the same time, this list is competitive.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 21:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Just noticed something, don't you need the Wazdakka character or whatever to take the bikers as troops?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2008, 22:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wazdakka allows you to take regular warbikers from the Fast Attack slot as troops. Each warboss allows you take a squad of Nobs ( on bikes or on foot ) as troops from your Elite slot.
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote