Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

boss pole and other orky rulez
Old 13 Dec 2008, 15:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default boss pole and other orky rulez

hey all, just had a couple questions that came up last night in a game. 1st is there any reason that you cant take invulnerable/armor or feel no pain saves from a wound inflicted by a boss pole? Same question for wounds from rolling a 1 on a Waaagh. I read it as you take a wound and no reason you cant take saves but want to make sure. 2nd when a trukk ramshackles and you get a 5 or 6 and everyone just disembarks then the vehicle is wrecked, does this mean you dont have to take a pinning test? 3rd is there any reason i cant take a mob of nobz and have half of them with cybork(painboy model in squad) and the other half to have eavy armor and then be able to pick and choose who gets the invunerable saves from insta kill shots and who gets regular armor save hits?(provided its less insta kill wounds than mobs with cybork armor) Basically on this one i had a bunch of mobs all with cybork armor, and they got shot at a couple times with insta kill weapons so the cybork was nice, but then got shot at by normal fire, in wich case i would have rather had some 4+ saves, so thought this would be a good way to get some better saves in the squad since normally there are low amounts of instakill weapons. Then when they get shot by massive amounts of regular fire i would have to allocate wounds accordingly in the mob, but could put extra ones on the guys with better armor saves correct?
Thanks for all the help! Was my first Ork game last night and want to figure out the best way to model them before i paint them.
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2008, 15:38   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: boss pole and other orky rulez

Quote:
hey all, just had a couple questions that came up last night in a game. 1st is there any reason that you cant take invulnerable/armor or feel no pain saves from a wound inflicted by a boss pole? Same question for wounds from rolling a 1 on a Waaagh. I read it as you take a wound and no reason you cant take saves but want to make sure.
For Bosspole; you can make your Armor/Invulnerable Save and then your FNP. But for the Waaagh; yes, the unit automatically suffers one wound meaning that a single wound model will die or a multi-wound model will get a single wound and die if it's last wound.

Quote:
2nd when a trukk ramshackles and you get a 5 or 6 and everyone just disembarks then the vehicle is wrecked, does this mean you dont have to take a pinning test?
Correct for disembarking and you have to take a Pinning Test as your Trukk has suffer a Destroyed - Wreck result.

Quote:
3rd is there any reason i cant take a mob of nobz and have half of them with cybork(painboy model in squad) and the other half to have eavy armor and then be able to pick and choose who gets the invunerable saves from insta kill shots and who gets regular armor save hits?(provided its less insta kill wounds than mobs with cybork armor) Basically on this one i had a bunch of mobs all with cybork armor, and they got shot at a couple times with insta kill weapons so the cybork was nice, but then got shot at by normal fire, in wich case i would have rather had some 4+ saves, so thought this would be a good way to get some better saves in the squad since normally there are low amounts of instakill weapons. Then when they get shot by massive amounts of regular fire i would have to allocate wounds accordingly in the mob, but could put extra ones on the guys with better armor saves correct?
Yes, there is a reason. The option says "All models in the Painboy's unit may have Cybork Bodies for X points" so they all must have the Cybork Bodies but you still can choose to upgrade some Nobz with 'Eavy Armor but I think taking advantage of the Wound Allocation Rule is just plain mean and too overcomplicated to do. K.I.S.S.. Plus you might have problem telling apart those with 'Eavy Armor and those who do not unless you do something special with them.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2008, 17:11   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the help!
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2008, 20:03   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
For Bosspole; you can make your Armor/Invulnerable Save and then your FNP. But for the Waaagh; yes, the unit automatically suffers one wound meaning that a single wound model will die or a multi-wound model will get a single wound and die if it's last wound.
Happily this is not the case. Check the FAQ. You do get saves/invulnerables/FNP from Waaagh! wounds, as you treat them as wounds from a normal close-combat weapon "(actually a big green fist...)."

Quote:
2nd when a trukk ramshackles and you get a 5 or 6 and everyone just disembarks then the vehicle is wrecked, does this mean you dont have to take a pinning test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Correct for disembarking and you have to take a Pinning Test as your Trukk has suffer a Destroyed - Wreck result.
You don't have to take a pinning test if you get a Kerrunch! result on the Ramshackle Table; it says to apply the Ramshackle results "instead of the usual effects." The other two thirds of the time you do have to take a pinning test, as per the Ramshackle Table.
Wiegraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 00:50   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Oh, yeah........well, you're right then :P I play Ravensquigs so I don't use Waaagh!!! or Trukks at all :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote