Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Shooty Orks vs Speed Freek Orks
Old 18 Nov 2008, 00:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Shooty Orks vs Speed Freek Orks

1500pts tonight, I had the Shooty list.

Turns 1-3 I shot 'em to shreds, then he finally got to me turn 4, typically c 10 Boyz of his vs 17 of mine, him on the charge, me receiving. Rolled me over 3 x. The difference between charging and non charging Orks is now quite large with the better initiative and strength (or was I just unlucky?)
Old 18 Nov 2008, 11:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Shooty Orks vs Speed Freek Orks

Orks need to be charging, not being charged. Even when we're charging, it's not so much the initiative increase that works to our benefit, it's the boost in strength and the shear amount of attacks we get. You remove that and we're swinging last after making 6+ armor saves, even with T4 you want to avoid that at all costs.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 13:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

If your orks are not going to be the ones charging place them in cover ("0.5" or more) so that your opponent has to roll a Difficult terrian test. This will make up for your lack of dice as long as they don;t have gernades. Most other ork players don't buy gernades so this would of allowed you to strike first thus negating some of his attacks all together. This will level the playing field. I play Plague Marines and this is a tactic that I use so I can be striking first due to my lower numbers.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2008, 19:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena031
If your orks are not going to be the ones charging place them in cover ("0.5" or more) so that your opponent has to roll a Difficult terrian test. This will make up for your lack of dice as long as they don;t have gernades. Most other ork players don't buy gernades so this would of allowed you to strike first thus negating some of his attacks all together. This will level the playing field. I play Plague Marines and this is a tactic that I use so I can be striking first due to my lower numbers.
No, these speed freeks all had grenades, I lost 32 Orks (2 units) incl 2 Nobs just trying to take out Snikrot's 12 guys and I was always in cover

As the man said, its having to take those 4 hits on a .25 probability that hurts big time!
Old 22 Nov 2008, 13:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Use your lootas to take out all of their transports. During this time use your shoota boys to and anything else shooty to blast at your opponents bikes and kopptaz. If you're scared of snikrot don't deploy so close to the table edges. or keep a counter charge unit ready.

If you can destroy their transports then they'll just be a smaller footslogging force and you'll have a chance to get the charge off. Plus since they're speed freeks the trukkboyz most likely don't have grenades themselves but stikkbomb chukkas on their trukks. If this is the case then they'll only have grenades the turn the disembark from their trukk so if you kill their trukks you'll kill their grenades too.
SilentRhino is offline   Reply With Quote