Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

STORMBOYZ!
Closed Thread
Old 07 May 2005, 21:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default STORMBOYZ!

Ah yes, Stormboyz!* Expensive (by Ork standards) and yet no tougher then any other Ork (despite what an Ork Stormboy might insist on, himself).

Are they useful?* Or are they just expensive paper thin, tin soldiers?

Like almost everything else in 40K, it depends on how they are used.

On the `weakness' side of things, they cost 66% more than a standard Slugga Boy, with only a single difference, they can move 12.0" in the movement phase as opposed to the mere 6.0" a Slugga Boy can move.* It is this movement that does allow for some incredible things.* Things like Counter-Assaults, Jump Charges, Assaults on the Worthless and Weak, Infantry support with fast vehicles, Rough Terrain Hoppers, Objective holding and Flanking.* Lets look at each in turn.

Counter-Assaults* ---* Generally you will want to put your larger, cheaper and more survivable Mobz in front of the Stormboyz.* When one of these Mobs gets `stuck in' close combat, you can counter assault with your Stormboyz and help push the mathematics of the fight more in your favour.* Simple and effective tactic.

Jump Charges* ---* Jump Charges are just the reverse of Counter-Assaults.* In this case, YOU go first before your opponent assaults the larger Mob in front of your Stormboyz.* This denies your opponent any charge bonus.* It may also prevent any withering and nasty rapidfire from that unit that you may have gotten next turn.* Even a handful of Stormboyz (8 or so) can successfully accomplish this task.

Assaults on the Worthless and Weak* *---* Great for mopping up small little harassing units like Scouts.* Jump them and give them the Choppa!

Infantry Support for Fast Vehicles* *---* *Stormboyz can keep up with fast vehicles far better then regular Footsloggers.* It will allow for a 12.0" movement for your Wartrukk or Battlewagon to help get you some more help when they hit your opponent's line.* This IS a risky tactic.* Your Stormboyz may end up being terribly exposed!

Rough Terrain Hoppers* *---* *Stormboyz can be invaluable in games like City Fight.* It nice to leap over buildings in a single bound!!

Objective holders* *---* *Yes, they're EXPENSIVE objective holders, but their also FAST objective takers.

Another word of advise, keep your models in cover whenever possible.* You CAN jump out of cover with no penalties.* Its only when you jump INTO rough terrain that you have to start rolling dice.* Also, support your Stormboyz whenever possible.* They are NOT an autonomous units like Space Marinara Jump packers.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Regards,

Old 07 May 2005, 22:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord
Default Re: STORMBOYZ!

Nice
Thanks, man

Ive been meaning to convert some stormboyz, but wondering whether it would be worth it
It thinks it would....
Old 08 May 2005, 03:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Stormboyz may be a good follow up on that 3rd Wartrukk that Icklemek is building as we write/read this .

Very Best,
Old 08 May 2005, 10:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord

They very well may be

But dont try and get me side-tracked- I have a short enough attention span as it is
Old 08 May 2005, 10:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Orion

Yes very informative indeed

now get over on the necron board and read my pariah preeching.

a while back at a tourney i met this guy who had bottlerockets on the back of some of his orks. well anyways they were fairly well painted and we made a deal that whichever one of us got higher up on the tourney stats we were allowed to launch off a model.

well eventally through out the tourney i won 13 of my 16 games and he won like 7 or so.
So i got to light his his starboy nob i believe. Me being the bad@$$ i am lit it with my cigaret the nob must have flew 20 feet in the air came back down and cliped my cig in half.

anyways mark(the ork player) turns back and says in this orky @$$ voice "we orksies keep coming back for more"
and me and him have been friends ever since that funny as moment.

true story

"The quiet mouth gets fed last, Ask and you shall recieve"
-Unlimiter-
Old 08 May 2005, 17:38   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

You been plauded for this Mr IVEATCH?

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 08 May 2005, 19:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

No, Hatman. But I won't decline one, that's for sure.

Best,

Old 08 May 2005, 22:39   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

I think that posts of this quality should be rewarded. So keep 'em coming people!!!!

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Closed Thread