Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Da Green Tide Box Set
Old 11 Jul 2008, 20:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to JinxthePariah Send a message via Yahoo to JinxthePariah
Default Da Green Tide Box Set

I was wondering, if as a new ork player, if the Da Green Tide Box Set, was really worth it?
It retails for 175.00 USD, and comes with 100 multi-part plastic warriors, and a metal Warboss, so is it really worth it? Or would I be better off buying piecemeal over time, through things like ebay and my local hobby store...

"What!?!?!?! Another bloody damned bunker of Sarin Gas, how much do you think you pay me!?!?!" -SPC Sassone on conditions of a Sarin Gas storage facility, somewhere in Iraq.

[br]Click here to feed me![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Feed it so it hatches!!!
JinxthePariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 21:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Da Green Tide Box Set

My biggest question is does it come with 10 nobz? Cause if it does I would buy one.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 21:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to The_One

Well that depends...do you NEED all the boyz? If you only need a few then by all means just get a box or 2 of Boyz...

I may pick it up eventually just for the extra Bitz and to give me something to do...also to spruce up some of my apoc. games.

If you buy it your definately getting a bang for your buck, but it all depends on whether da Boyz are an elemtary part of your army
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 22:03   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to JinxthePariah Send a message via Yahoo to JinxthePariah

Well da boyz are definately a big focuse of my list, its actually the exact number of boyz I need for a list, I have alot of 2nd and 3rd edition Orks, that I've taken from other peoples box sets, when you used to get Space Marines and Orks, and I like them, but I'd prefer to use them in a fluffier army build, and would like to start fresh fresh with this, my second Army in the world of 40k.

"What!?!?!?! Another bloody damned bunker of Sarin Gas, how much do you think you pay me!?!?!" -SPC Sassone on conditions of a Sarin Gas storage facility, somewhere in Iraq.

[br]Click here to feed me![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Feed it so it hatches!!!
JinxthePariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 22:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If anyone has bought this let me know if you get 10 nobz in the box set
Old 12 Jul 2008, 01:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I think the Green Tide is the greatest deal out there. Like $2.00 a boy vs the normal $3.50. Of course I enjoy fielding 1500pts of pure Greenskins.
Old 12 Jul 2008, 04:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

But once again I ask do they come with 10 Nobs or did the Nob sprues get excluded from the set?
Old 12 Jul 2008, 13:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Hyena, when this first came around on the UK site a few months ago, we decided as a whole that it was the new boyz. If you look closely in the picture you can see GeeDub's new plastic Nobz and the boyz with Big Shootas and Rokkit aren't too hard to pick out, either.

Here's a link to the original topic.

On the topic of weather or not to buy it, I would in a heartbeat if I really needed them. Even now I'm horribly tempted to because it seems blasphamous to pass up such a good deal. As Gabriel said, normal it's three and a half bucks per boy but with this it's something like a dollar and seventy-five cents. It's hard to argue with half price.

But also as has been said, I'd only buy it if you think you'll use it. If your list has ten boyz in a trukk and is otherwise bikers and nobz, I'd reccomend you consider just buying a normal box of ten boyz. :P

Hope that helped,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote