Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

check this out
Old 06 Mar 2008, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default check this out

Below is a link to the rebel grot cybork army. You get Mad Doc, 90 grots and six kannons and all your grots have the cybork upgrade. Field that, lol. I'm not buying it 'cause I would not want to paint and convert that many minis but it is cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-40k-or...QQcmdZViewItem
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2008, 00:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: check this out

It looks like a decent price for the minis, but I wouldn't pay more than what it's at right now. Did you look at that 'masterfully converted' Baneblade? I fail to see an masterful converting that was done to it... :-\

Hell, with that many Runtherders it's not even a legal list.

Shifty guy with his descriptions... At least he's not claiming that somethings pro-painted. Don't get me started on that...

-Grandpa Ducky

EDIT: Wait a second... 1500 point all Grot list with only 90 Grots? Ummm... Do I smell something? Oh, it's only the BS this auction reeks of.

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2008, 01:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yep, even with the kannons and wagon 1500 points seems ambitious. Like I said I'm not about
to buy them just thought it rather amusing ... its the type of list you just want to play once for fun.
The pricer is not terrible, imho.
Quote:
Oh, it's only the BS this auction reeks of.
Funny - I didn't see Big shootas in the list, lol.
Quote:
Shifty guy with his descriptions... At least he's not claiming that somethings pro-painted. Don't get me started on that...
You are a hard man Grandpa Ducky but I cannot blame you for that. The longer I'm around the more cynical I get as well.
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2008, 07:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

about 400 points of grots and slavers, say 200 for the cannons. Then theres 900 points to pay for 1 baneblade, the doc himself, and finally cybupgrades for all the grots. Not unrealistic really, pointswise, but an awful list!

Is it even legal? Can grots have cybork bodies?
Old 06 Mar 2008, 13:30   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

1500 points? Possible, but if I calculated correctly then you can have all his models and still have 300 + points over. I'm guessting he went overboard with the bling on all the units - too many extras on the kannons and the wagon.

I wouldn't buy this army but it seems like an interesting(and hilarious) idea - maybe one day just for laughs, I'll play something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I fail to see an masterful converting that was done to it... :-\
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esque
With Mad Dok Grotsnik in the army, I believe it's possible. Not the smartest way to spend your points(or orkiest for that matter), but possible.

Cheers,
Hawkies
Old 07 Mar 2008, 06:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esque
With Mad Dok Grotsnik in the army, I believe it's possible. Not the smartest way to spend your points(or orkiest for that matter), but possible.

Cheers,
Hawkies
Holy shiznits, thats like what 8 points or thereabouts for a T2 unit with a 5+ save and range 12"? Way to spend your points in a really balanced way, as he said "watch as you save against your opponents krak missiles" - thats one third of the krak missiles, yeah. Oh, and that masterfully converted banblade "looted waggon" has armor 11...

As a list its not tremendously balanced, as those swamping tactics are hard to accomplish even with 30 fearless orks, fighting armies with lots o' dakka. But a list such as this is hardly made for anything but friendly games.

Could be fun to bring it to a competition though, getting wiped, and then winning anyways due to good sportsmanship and creativity points! ;D