Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i'm new to the green 'uns!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 09:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default i'm new to the green 'uns!

long time tau empire player and my jealousy of the close combat ability of my friends finally got to me. i managed to pick up a box of older styled 3rd edition stuff off a friend's older brother and set about making my very own WAAAGH!

i had my first game last night, a 400 pt. combat patrol and fared pretty well. my list as follows:
Quote:
Troops:

18 Slugga Boyz; Nob with Slugga, Big Hornz, Bosspole and Power Klaw.

17 Slugga Boyz; Nob with Slugga, Bosspole and Power Klaw.
my opponent was a friend who fielded his plague marines:

Quote:
10 plague marines with an aspiring fisty champion in a rhino, who summoned up 5 of the new chaos codexes generic lower-tier daemons (we used his old plaguebearer figures)
he was incredibly shocked as i'd secretly been developing my army for the past few months, away from anyone and everyone i routinely play. i'd hoped he'd have no idea what to do, but he got a fairly good grasp of the situation. my tactic was as follows: hide behind buildings, keeping both groups within 6" of one another, and move toward him as fast as possible!

between his T5 and FNP, it was a huge pain in the ass!

over 30 of my slugga boyz could hit him the second round with pistol fire and one actually dropped one of his marines! the follow up was fairly unspectacular: 18 charging slugga boyz and only a single dead marine; i typically roll astronomically bad. i did note however, as the game wore on, that the power klaw nobs were the stars, taking out two or more models easily per turn.

all in all, very exciting and very orky. i only had 5 models on the board when the game ended, as his rhino retreated (as it was faster than I and didn't count for victory points)
krupintupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: i'm new to the green 'uns!

I'm glad you decided to konvert. The Tau are rather smelly, aren't they?

Best of luck with your new boyz,

-Grandp Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 11:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

That ork dex has brought a fair numba o' new footsloggas to the fold. I feel a waagh commin on! Soon, the domain changes to orkonline.org as it turns green. Wouldnt you say, Grandpuppy?

*bashes green chest, bolting on a steel jaw, mounting ramshackle wartoyotatrukk*

Old 28 Feb 2008, 20:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I'm glad you decided to konvert. The Tau are rather smelly, aren't they?

Best of luck with your new boyz,

-Grandp Ducky
hah, thanks! they're definitely a thrill to play, what with their WS and T of 4! (especially when you're used to the Tau's 2 and 3 respectively). I don't think I'll be abandoning the greater good just yet however - we play in a fairly small circle of friends and now that they don't know if i'll be extreme shooty or extreme choppy, they can't list-build against me and hopefully the fun will return, as our games did fall into rampant oneupsmanship (that's not a word)
krupintupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 19:33   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

"Welcome ta the hordes! The 'Ummies or Fishiez don't know it yet, but old Gazakskull is unitin' all the tribes in the galaxy. Kinda like dat 'Ummie Emporer did back in 'iz Kroosade! Itz goona be a Green Kroosade! Weze gonna paint the galaxy green from da fishy smellin' eastern fringez to da wussy spires of the 'Ummiez homeworld in the west. We Orks want it all fer ourselves. And when itz all done all fights will be proppa 'cause only Orkz will be left, and Orkz fight Proppa!" - Galactic Scrap Overlord Ug Metal 'Ead addressing new ladz before battle.
Old 02 Mar 2008, 10:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Aye, it was the way that assaulting, a large part of the game mechanics, was something that a Tau player just didn't do (apart from Kroot and maybe XV8s) that was one of the reasons why I changed to Orks.