Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

bebe is now playing orks?
Old 28 Feb 2008, 01:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default bebe is now playing orks?

WARNING - INFORMATION OVERLOAD - ORKZ WANNA FIGHT NOT TALK

Well, I've been heavily testing my orks in battle. I put my orks aside for quite some time fooling around with chaos, witchunters, and GK primarily ( don't ask how many armies I have - it's too many although I just got rid of Dark Eldar, DW, and GK and a lot of chaos - not all). I really want to specialize in Orks for a bit now so I gathered my mobz and made a few lists to play test.

The first list I played at 1500 pts was a Nob biker list ... good thing I had a large speed freaks army that used many bikes.

HQ

2x Warboss: Bike, Klaw, Attack Squig, Cybork

Troops

2x 6 Nobz: Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
1x Klaw, 1x Grot Orderly

Fast Attack

2x 2 Deffkoptas: + 2 Buzzsaw, TL Rokkits

I played against a beakie list with termie lord and termie retinue, 4 tac squads plas las ( not min sized!) 3 landspeeders, predator It was not that close a match as my speed just allowed me to hide and attack targets at my leisure. I played hide and seek with the Koptas and isolated targets with the bikers. Still it is a one shot poney list and a good strong shooty template force can give it problems. So I switched up and added some more boys. Bodies are a good thing.

HQ

Warboss: Bike, Klaw, Attack Squig, Cybork

Big Mek: Shokk Attack Gun, Bosspole

Elites

12 Lootas;

Troops

7x Nobz: Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
2x Klaw, 1x Grot Orderly, Bosspole

12 Sluggas: Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole
Truk- Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, RPG

Fast Attack

15 Stormboyz: Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole

2 Deffkoptas: + 1 Buzzsaw, TL Rokkits

2 Deffkoptas: + 1 Buzzsaw, TL Rokkits

I played Nids this time around. He had Flyrant, 2 Elite Carnifexes - TL devourers, Warrior brood - 5 models TL deathspitters and a TL barbed strangler, Hormagaunts with +WS, +S:, Spinegaunts: 2 Carnifexes: T7, 2+ saves, 5 Wounds, +BS,venom cannons, barbed stranglers

This was a much tougher list as Barbed Stranglers are bad news and I had to go after them quickly. Still I managed a win although just barely.

I liked the addition of the extra boys.

So I'm going to test this list as my final tweak.

HQ

Warboss: 150
Bike, Klaw, Attack Squig, Cybork

Big Mek: 105
Shokk Attack Gun, Bosspole

Elites

12 Lootas; 180

Troops

7x Nobz: 460
Bikes, Painboy, Cybork, Waaagh! Banner,
2x Klaw, 1x Grot Orderly, Bosspole

12 Sluggas: 152
Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole
Truk- Big shoota, RPG

12 Sluggas: 162
Rokkit Launcha
Truk- Big shoota, RPG

Fast Attack

15 Stormboyz: 220

2 Buggies: 70
Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas

total: 1499

I love the truk bomb: With ramshackle it's hard to be pinned or entagled. I can make make a 1st turn 25" move to wherever I wants to assault next. Orks get 3 Str 4 Attacks and are T4 to boot. This is without dealing with Nob who has even more attacks. Let these guysdisembark and get the charge and you are done. It is a PK delivery system with speed. I added the extra Rokkitt launcher because it filled out my points nicely.

I should get 10 hits a turn off my lootas at 48" range plus the nasty big mek SAG with one S7 hit a turn. You have to love a mob of Lootas joined by a Big Mek with a SAG. The SAG can be devastating and I've had it remove entire squads with one shot. Of course I may sit him behind the lootas so each can target seperately depending on my opponent.

Now deffkoptas are tricky as they can run away fast because of poor LD even split up into two units ... still toughness 5 and 2 wounds apiece is not bad with the firepower they put out and the scout move. Add 'hit and run' and they are not to be taken too lightly. I had been using them to tank hunt, take down dev squads and even go after HQs. But the buggies are just cheaper and by using them I can get an extra squad of trukk boyz which just pplain hit harder and I've still got three rokkits and one PK in the deal.

Stormboyz are expensive but their goal is to force the enemy into either dealing with them immediately by expending some of their resources to eliminate them, or be tied up by these boyz disrupting their gameplan.
They can follow the trull boyz as mobile cover and counter charge or go for a tank.

Nobz on bikez combined with a painboy are a pretty awesome combination. They even get a nice invulnerable save when they take cybork.Sure, they are expensive, but toughness "5", two wounds, a 4+ regular save, 4+ cover save and then a 4+ feel no pain save makes them a tough unit to squash. If a warboss on a bike joins the unit, he is that much more unstoppable. You just have to avoid powerfists, power weapons and flamers! Two power klaws in a unit is deadly, and they really do have staying power vs other elite units in the game. Nobs on bikes, with cybork bodies, and a power claws , accompanied by a warboss on a bike(with a pk, cybork ), and a painboy, is the single most brutal unit the orks can field. They seem like a big bullseye, I know. Get yerself 500 pts by taking 'em out. But it is not sao easily done and if all the firepower is aimed at hitting turboboosting bikes my trukk boyz and stormboyz will get in cc relatively intact.

So there you have it ... a greenskin experiment ...
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 06:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque
Default Re: bebe is now playing orks?

Youre right about them orks bikers. Its easy to cross 1000 points for such an HQ + retinue, but it will be able to remove twice that if it hits!

The SAG is fun, but beware with it - I tried a battle where I had 2 - next to each other. Then I roll a double and they both disappear due to a malfunction - dang!

Ive also tried to have a battle where I simply never got a template hit at all. There is a result on the template wher you only hit 1 model, who then dies horribly. Guardsmen, every damn time, I tell you!! There was a building with 20 men, 10 on each floor, above each other. A template would have hit all 20 at once, scoring 4 heavy weapons and 2 commisars - on a 12, both units would simply just be removed, no dice rolled. In stead, I rolled an S-result that made 1 guardsman disappear, the model under the template hole. Twice. There you got it. He scored 12 points in total! So SAG's are total destruction and utter chance!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 06:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

It looks like you have a quite a solid understand of Orky Taktics.

Oh, and I too love the point sink that is Super Cybork Biker Nobs. I'm half way tempted to make a quick 1000 point army out of them.

Be t of luck,

-Granada Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 13:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Super Nob Biker Mob with Warboss/Pain Boy Et Al seems to be the new "Uber Unit" for Orkz. I, like GD, am tempted ..............

Best,
Old 28 Feb 2008, 18:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks all for reading my ramblings. I am greenskin all the way now. Its funny - I really like a horde army but in game play they take forever to move so many models and work out the dice rolls. Also I just did not want to paint that many boyz. So opted for the modified speed list where everythinmg can hit by turn two - boyz like to get into quickly. I'm hoping my dakkadakka lotas and mek will soften the lines a bit and the boyz can mop up but I know someone is gonna
DS or infiltrate and take out the lootas fast. Well. i do the same targeting dev squads and tanks so I guess you gotta adjust ...
bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 18:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe
[...]
I know someone is gonna DS or infiltrate and take out the lootas fast. Well. i do the same targeting dev squads and tanks so I guess you gotta adjust ...
Since you're not exactly maxing out your Elite slots, you could counter DS-ing Loota-killers by splitting your Lootas into two mobs and place them in cover on opposite board sides. That way your opponent would have to decide which one is more of a threat and leave the other one alone, DS-wise. This, of course, would shrink your mob size though and leadership checks could be forced more easily.

Splitting your Lottas might also help when fighting enemy armour. You'd force your opponent to keep their head in the game. It's too easy to turn a tank to face the obviously threatening Loota mob, only to have it's side ripped open with a barrage of side-armour shots from the hidden mob.

Just food for thought,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote