Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Another army idea: ANIME ORKS ^_^
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Another army idea: ANIME ORKS ^_^

Oh dear...

In discussing on MIRC how to make an Ork army, I've come to the conclusion that if I were to make an army of Orks, they would be as anime-ish as possible. I'm not talking Crisis Suits or such, but something far far worse...

The vast majority of the Waaagh would consist of Shoota Boy Yakuza in shades, the Choppa Boys being armed with a wide variety of pistols, katanas, nunchuks, and other ridiculous weapons.

Bikers would be modeled after Bosuzoku biker gangs akin to those depicted in Akira, with vibrant colors and such. Deffkoptas are looted Crisis Suits, as are Killa Kans. The Nob Mob would be the core of Samurai Orks. The leader would be a Magical Schoolgirl Weirdboy.

Am I going insane?
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Re: Another army idea: ANIME ORKS ^_^

Quote:
Am I going insane
Yep.

Welcome to the club, I'll send you your sailor school girl outfit in the mail.

Really though, do it if you can, just for lol's.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I think it sounds great. ;D

I'm planning on doing something similar in my Freeboota army. One of my trukk mobz is going to be all ninjas to compliment the pirate mob.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 06:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
I think it sounds great. ;D

I'm planning on doing something similar in my Freeboota army. One of my trukk mobz is going to be all ninjas to compliment the pirate mob.

-Grandpa Ducky
That is without equivalent the most awesome 40k idea I have ever heard, and will ever hear! I'd start converting pirates, just so I'll have a reason to make ork ninjas!

Pics, when youre done!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 07:02   #5 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Oh dear...

In discussing on MIRC how to make an Ork army, I've come to the conclusion that if I were to make an army of Orks, they would be as anime-ish as possible. I'm not talking Crisis Suits or such, but something far far worse...

The vast majority of the Waaagh would consist of Shoota Boy Yakuza in shades, the Choppa Boys being armed with a wide variety of pistols, katanas, nunchuks, and other ridiculous weapons.

Bikers would be modeled after Bosuzoku biker gangs akin to those depicted in Akira, with vibrant colors and such. Deffkoptas are looted Crisis Suits, as are Killa Kans. The Nob Mob would be the core of Samurai Orks. The leader would be a Magical Schoolgirl Weirdboy.

Am I going insane?
Wow, that is the most crazy idea I've ever heard. And also the best ;D. You've got to model your orks like that. Show us pictures if you ever do it.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 08:12   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
Oh dear...

Am I going insane?
Actually, almost all of it can be puled off, except the Magical Schoolgirl Ork. Please don't scare me like this, I say a hell of a Shogun ork would do, either that of an Akuma ork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 18:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

But the Magical Girl is such a staple of low-end anime...I was originally thinking of representing Deepstriking Stormboyz as being tossed from Pokeballs too, although I may as well just use the rules for Daemon Summoning in an Apocalypse game instead. (Bloodthirster of Khorne, I CHOOSE YOU!)

That said, the idea would be great if I actually HAD more Orks. Right now, the vast majority of my models are Guard Guard and more Guard and despite my attempts otherwise, trying to proxy the humans as Orks doesn't work too well (Toughness 4=Everyone takes longer to die in Anime :P). So I'm trading masses of unpainted Cadians, preferably for masses of unassembled Ork Boyz...the question is how effective it'll turn out to be.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sounds like a lot of work if you want to pull it off well.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The truth of the matter is I play the game more for the modeling fun stuff, and I think an anime-ork force would be awesome if I could pull it off. The more Boyz that were up for sale, the better though...anyone willing to buy Guard from me would help me get the money for the stuff I plan to use for converting this army too.