Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Two questions
Old 22 Feb 2008, 06:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Two questions

1) Are there any special fluff "rules" I need to be aware of when making my own Ork Tribe?

2) So Weirdboys have Mob Rule right? And the only way they can kill the squad they are with that AP3 attack right? So if you grouped him with 10 Meganobz..he would have 10 Ld and be incapable of hurting his mob..right?

Its a bit expensive and I doubt id ever use it..but I just want to know that that is an option. Really though..with Warphead it is unlikely (though not impossible) that you would kill your squad.
Corbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 07:11   #2 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Two questions

1) Since the new codex came out, the old clan armies are gone (snakebites, red sunz, etc) so you don't need to follow any rules, but you could always make you're own fluff for your army.

2) No, the only difference is that they make their saves but they can still get damaged.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 07:52   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
1) Are there any special fluff "rules" I need to be aware of when making my own Ork Tribe?

No - there used to be like AC said, but at the release of the new dex they have been scrapped. However, the upshot to all of this is that you can theme your new tribe how you wish - hell, it's even more creative than it was back in the old 'dex so it's really just a matter of letting loose of your imagination.

Quote:
2) So Weirdboys have Mob Rule right? And the only way they can kill the squad they are with that AP3 attack right? So if you grouped him with 10 Meganobz..he would have 10 Ld and be incapable of hurting his mob..right?
I wouldn't be that worried about loosing some boyz - bear in mind that there is plenty more where that came from. If you are reall paranoid about taking one (and seeing your suggested saftey net, you are) just take war 'ead and use it for any of those 1 rolls.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2008, 18:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That being said and done, a Warphead in a Meganob mob is one of the sickest ways to whoop on stuff. The extra attack power really makes a difference in such a unit. Of course, if you really wanted to be supercheesy, you could also plop Grotsnik in the unit as well, giving em Feel No Pain...top it off with Cybork Bodies for extra killiness.

This however brings up a secondary question...could a Battlewagon Killcannon shoot into their assault (e.g. fire-at the ground?). If that were the case, it would make Meganobs even scarier when it came time to take on the Marines...