Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Weirdboy question
Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Weirdboy question

So, I tried out the Weirboy for the first time tonight (battrep to follow), and he was great, but a couple questions came up. Thanks to those who answer.

1. My Weirdboy was riding in a Trukk that turboboosted during the movement phase. In the shooting phase I roll up the Frazzle power. Now normally you can't fire if your transport went more than 12", 13" with red paint. Can/must he use the power? We played it that the Ork Codex trumped the rule book and the Weirdboy used the power.

2. The Codex states the Weirdboy MUST use the randomly determined power each turn. What happens when you roll up Frazzle or Zzap and have no enemies in LOS to use the power against? Does he target Orks, or terrain/the ground? We played that he blasted a hole in a nearby building to release the psychic energy.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 05:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex
Default Re: Weirdboy question

For both 1 and 2 I would say that nothing at all happens. You can't shoot from a transport moving more than 12" (13" with red paint), even though it says he must use that power - he would likely lose control and shoot into the sky or something. You can't fire a weapon against something that's not in line of sight, and only when you roll a 1 for a psychic power would you hurt your own guys.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 12:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The codex is a little cloudy on how a weirdboy gets a power wpn though. You roll for his power in the shooting phase but it says that if he is in CC and rolls a 1, 2 or 3 then you count those powers as a CC. With that said I would say that if you rolled a 1, 2, or 3 in the shooting phase and don't use it then it equates to the wierdboy having a power wpn.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS ME READING INTO THE CODEX.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

If i understand right.

The weardboy canīt control its own powers and at the begining of each shooting phase must use the ramdom power so if in that turn when the shooting phase comes the weirdboy is actually on close combat then you treat those result as power weapons insted of using the normal power.

So as the book says he canīt control it so you canīt choose to not use the power to use it later on the assault phase that is why must be done on the shooting phase
Old 25 Jan 2008, 14:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I understand what happens when he is in cc, it is when he rolls Frazzle or Zzap and is a transport that went more than 13" or if he has no LOS to use the power against.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Is a shooting attack so normal restrictions apply if moved more than 12" canīt shoot
Old 25 Jan 2008, 18:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm going to have to go with the consensus here that he wouldn't fire if it moved more then 12".