Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with looted wagon.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 13:48   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Help with looted wagon.

Hi I think I'm going to make a looted wagon out of a rhino, it will have a skorcha and 2 big shootas, i think the scorcha shall be something like the Sisters Of Battle Immolator, a Burna boy sits up in a little tower (the vechile is open top of the rest, no roof on rhino) and burn everyone. And two grots sitting in the side doors and have a big shoota each. The Boys stands in the middle of the wagon, i make a floor from cardboard or something, and some spikes and stuff to make it orky

Will this work?

Will it be good for play? i was thinking have a few nobz with the warboss in it.
or maybe some burna boyz and i got a burna boy wagon.>

I allready have a loota boy pack and it have some burna weaps in it and burna head for the burna guy with skorcha.
For the scorcha I was thinking of have 2 of those burnas.

It is for the Death skulls.

Thank you.
necrotic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 14:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Help with looted wagon.

The conversion sounds great, I say go for it. As for transporting, I'd put the Warboss and Nobz into a Wartrukk over a Looted Wagon. The Looted Wagon sacrifices speed for the sake of a negligible armor upgrade, and speed is a far better savior in this case, plus the Looted Wagon stands a chance of entangling your unit inside where a Trukk won't because of the Ramshackle rule.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 17:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Okay, but since it is open toped, will it still entangle them in there if it explodes?

Do you think the guys that going to be transported shall stand on the roof instead? and i make some walls, or shall the stand in the middle, on a card board?

the guys that will be transported, and when i play a game will i have to pu the boyz on top of the wagon to show they are transported or do i remove the for play and add them when they arrive?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Okay, but since it is open toped, will it still entangle them in there if it explodes?
Yes they will, only the ramshakle applyes for trukks.

Old 22 Jan 2008, 18:40   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

okay thank you, think i will buy the rhino and grotz rhis week, or next.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 19:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrotic97
[...]
Do you think the guys that going to be transported shall stand on the roof instead? and i make some walls, or shall the stand in the middle, on a card board?

the guys that will be transported, and when i play a game will i have to pu the boyz on top of the wagon to show they are transported or do i remove the for play and add them when they arrive?
I've always liked my boyz to ride into battle on shooting platforms on top of their rides. Being inside just doesn't seem Orky enough, to me. What're they going to krump sitting around inside?

As for your second question, it's nice to have at least some boyz on the wagon (so you can remember that there's boyz in it and what mob they are), but you don't have to fit every last git in there. Just look at the Beakies Rhino or Landraider: can you imagine a Marine player trying to fit his ten fully-assembled Marines in a Rhino?

Oh, and the wagon sounds cool. Will you be showing us pictures when it's all done?

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 20:37   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Okay, they will stand on the roof, and the burner with skorcha is going to be on some sort of tower/platform. How many boys will be able to stand on top of a rhino? like 5?
i 'll maybe add something att the back of the rhino for some more places to stand on if it gets short on space,

Will buy the rinho on saturday i think. This is the first time i convert something so it maybe gets ugly :P
when it's done i will take a picture and post if u want

btw should i have orks instead of grotz at the big shootas? cause the wagon have 2 bs and grotz 3 so it dosen't add up so well...
or it maybe dosen't matter?

Thank you for your help

Edit- Since i mostly will face tau, nid's and eldar i tought ap4 flamer should be nice. Burn those nasty fire warriors or tyranid warriors/eldar 4+sv guardian (don't know the name)
and the big shootas will work okay against nids also? but i will also face space marines, but if i have 5 burnas inside they could charge out with power weaps. And against Nids they would do some damage with 5 templates i think.

Edit- Shall I buy the chaos rhino or the standard, they cost the same?

Old 23 Jan 2008, 03:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
How many boys will be able to stand on top of a rhino? like 5?
Five sounds like a decent number. Maybe one less or one more. Remember you could always bulk up the top of the Rhino, too.

Actually, I just remembered I have a Rhino chassis laying around! After some through testing, a Rhino can easily hold six boys on top with a little room to spare. If you wanted to, you could build out over the front of the Rhino to fit another two boyz on top and then construct a second platform above the first and fit the final four boyz up there. That could look awesome. ;D

Quote:
This is the first time i convert something so it maybe gets ugly :P
when it's done i will take a picture and post if u want
Don't worry about it being your first conversion. Even if you suck, you'll be better next time. The most important thing to remember is to have fun with it. Come up with all sorts of crazy ideas and try and figure out ways to pull them off. Even if your ideas don't end up working for your first conversion, they might for your next ones.

The following picture shows my first Looted Russ next to my second (still working on) Russ. The problem with the first Russ is that I rushed it. I just dived in there and started super gluing things together. Then suddenly I was past the point where I could feasibly add this or that and the project died. On my second Russ, I had an idea already. I planned it all out and did mock-build-ups of it (remember, Blue-Tac is your friend. ) and when I started gluing things down, I knew exactly what I was doing. It was great.

Oh, and make sure you show us a picture! Otherwise I'll sick my army of Ninja Scorpions Rubber Duckies on you!

Quote:
btw should i have orks instead of grotz at the big shootas? cause the wagon have 2 bs and grotz 3 so it dosen't add up so well...
or it maybe dosen't matter?
As long as you don't go and claim having BS3 for manning those with Grots, I see no problem with it. I highly doubt you'll find anyone picky enough to attack you for that.

Quote:
Edit- Shall I buy the chaos rhino or the standard, they cost the same?
I'm pretty sure that the only difference is that the Chaos set comes with the Chaos vehicle accessory spruce (Spike-y bits, chains, evil-looking hull plates, crazy gun barrel fittings) and the Imperial one comes with the Imperial vehicle accessory spruce which I think has stuff like Space Marine gunners, a hunter killer missile launcher (the LAW look-alike, not the Imperial Guard one), and smoke launchers. So in the end it's up to you. I'd go with the Chaos one, though, as you can never have too many spike-y bits laying around.

Hope that helped and I look forward to seeing your Wagon!

Best of luck,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 04:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hands down buy the Chaos rhino since it will come with a Havoc Launcher (rokkits), tons of spikes and chains. I bought two chaos rhinoes and absolutely loved them.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 05:39   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you, i 'll go with the chaos rhino. Nice tank you are building there, is it a battle wagon?