Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Da Ork Taktiks [WIP]
Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Da Ork Taktiks [WIP]

(Note: This tactica is narrated from an Ork’s view, and an Imperial’s view. When it refers to war material or resources or teef, the author is referring to point costs. Most everything else should be self-explanatory though)

The Colonel’s Legacy:

Officer Weismann looked ahead into the distance through his binoculars. For an Armageddon front, especially one where Imperial High Command reported was supposed to be the massing point for an Ork incursion, things were too quiet. “Take my post Lieutenant Hern, I’ve got to use the latrine” commanded the Officer as he went to relieve himself. Had he been more cautious, he’d notice the knife that plunged into his back…

…the screams that punctuated the assorted commanders’ Vox-casters were quickly stifled by the gurgles of blood, and an obscene mockery of laughter from a voice. “Hurhur, yer boss is dead” replied the Nob through the communications channels, to the dismay of his audience of Steel Legion Troopers. Then the platoon commanders started dropping to sniper fire of all things. “Orks don’t use snipers” thought Hern as his men fought and failed to stave off the Kommandos emerging from the base’s hiding spots. Suddenly a bullet caught him in the chest and he fell to the ground, his death imminent. The last image he saw flash through his eyes were an Ork and Kroot arguing over who got to eat him…

Kernal Bugsnik smiled at the chaos being sown through the Imperial ranks. Tanks were going up in smithereens left and right and the humans were being cut to pieces in a torrent of flame and bullet. “Oy listen good Kaptain Zugnutz” he told his second-in-command “diz is ow you conduct a propa Waaagh We krump da oomiez while I ain’t got to do nuffin.” “Gobbo” he yelled at his Grot butler…“fetch uz more Squig-pie” “Aye-aye sir” replied the well-composed Grot as he ran to the Grot kitchens. “But Kernal” replied the aspiring Nob “wutz bouts da Birds…shall we krump em? Hurhur” The Kernal’s disproval at the First Kaptain manifested in a deactivated power-klaw bonk to the head. “SHUT UP ye Git! Dey’s green, dey’s mean, and they enjoy a good krumpin. Deys okay wiv me and I’ll giv anyone who says uvawise an activated fist.”

The night was one of joyous carnage, the humans making for a tastier pie (and far more efficient DNA as far as the Kroot were concerned) than even the juiciest of Squigs. Several of the Orks and Kroot were brawling with each other in ritualized duels, while a few Shapers and Mekboys wielded Burnas to see who could torch more Squigs in a shorter time. Stormboyz and Kroot Vultures played a rather interesting game of Aerial Squigball in a makeshift stadium. It was a lively time for all, save for the occasional artillery shell which landed into the party and even those resulted in the occasional laugh from all.

Amidst all this, Zugnutz was called into Bugsnik's HQ. “I ain’t cut to lead no more Zugnutz” croaked the aging Blood Axe, an imposing figure despite his ailing health. “I need the Waaagh to go on wivout me. Yer my best Kaptain but yer getting promoted when you beat me in tomorrow’s duel. Yer a mighty good Kaptain but ye need to learn to command like a Kernal.” “Ehh whassa problem Kernal? We’s da Orks. We can krump ever…OW!” as Bugsnik bonked the Nob yet again… “Ye gots to fight with the Orkyness of a Goff, da Kunnin of a Blood Axe, and da Speed of a Sun. Ye need to learn to use yer Teef like a Bad Moon, and yer Loot like a Deffskull, and ye have to respect Tradition like dem Snake Biters. Ye gots to know yer Boyz, and their foes…I’ve been krumpin fer 50 years now and my wounds are catching up ta me. Before I go to Mork and Gork, I shall teach ya how to lead like a proppa Kernal.”

Military Report

+++The following report was brought forth with great effort to help understand the Ork battle doctrine. Once thought a primitive race with no sophistication in their tactics, more and more reports show them as an increasingly cunning race capable of battlefield innovation usually attributed to more ‘civilized’ races (though the idea of any Xenos with civilization is mockable indeed) like the Tau or Eldar. The fall of the 7th Steel Company as mentioned from this testimonial only shows their increasing willingness to use asymmetric doctrine. In the testimonial from the late Kernal Bugsnik, he talks about the assorted units at his disposal and how he uses them to maximal effect

Encased below are profiles regarding the assorted units one will run afoul of. Plan appropriately for each of them and may the Emperor and Machine Spirit watch over you.+++
-Xenos Inquisitor Samael Thucidides

+++The Warboss and retinue+++
“Yer da biggest uv da uva Kaptains and yer gonna be a Kernal, and if anuva Kaptain sez uvawize, krump im good. Ye keep iz loot and ye get bigger on top.” “But Kernal, ye dress like da uva Kaptains.” “So?” replied the Kernal, “sumtimez I don’t feel like footsloggin in Mega Armor. Sumtimez I likes to Bike about, and slam into battle quickly, a few Boyz in hand to keep things going smoothly; when I do dis I bring a Skorcha wiv me fer its fun to burn foes into a crisp hurhur. And sumtimez I likes to chill and enjoy a good squig-pie. I’m da Kernal after all right? But I keep my krumpiest boyz wiv me fer da Beakies and Tincans fink dey can catch me like dey caught Weismann earlier taday. Or dat one rubbery Oomie wiv da funky sword, made my Bioniks go funky…dat was a fun fight.” Zugnutz stifled his tusk-like teeth at that last comment as the Kernal continued. “When I krump, I krump with glory. I’m da Kernal and I make my Boyz know it when I fight, getting in da thick of it, be it by Trukk or wagon or bike, I likes to gets in melee fast”

+++As previous reports from Genitor Lukas Anzion state, the Warboss is the de facto leader of a Warband through merit of being the naturally largest. From there unfortunately, one will not know what to expect from a Boss for each has a personalized taste in weaponry yet two main loadouts remain popular: heavily armored, or really fast. Bugsnik was a particularly odd exception in that he used both styles depending on the battle at hand, and that he occasionally chose not to fight at all.

The Heavy Boss wades into battle in Mega Armor, accompanied by a retinue of similarly armored Nobles (the concept of Orks showing a concept like nobility is laughable), the unit's combined momentum and Power Claws used to punch a hole through enemy lines. Thankfully, the war material needed for such an armored unit limits them to all but the largest battles, though increasing rumors of Ork “Deffwings” adapted from their conflicts with the Dark Angels chill the Imperial Army. Such rare armies tend not to last long however as we’ve heard of other Xenos like the Eldar employing Plasma and Power weapons to cut through even these heavily armored beasts; if they manage to get into melee with an unprepared foe, the battle may well be theirs. Their armor isn’t even a liability whenever they ride atop a Battlewagon; truly a grave threat must be stopped though let not your guard for some cunning Ork commanders use such tempting targets to draw fire away from the rest of the army.

The Speed Boss rides into battle on a Warbike, a temperamental but heavily armed piece of machinery. As Zugnutz stated, a popular choice for a Bike-mounted Warboss is a Skorcha, a hellish weapon similar in power to our blessed promethium Heavy Flamers. Thankfully such weapons only carry a single shot, though it usually is enough to scatter enemies into disarray before the finishing charge; as the Boss is accompanied by similarly mounted Boyz, such a unit provides a frightening amount of firepower. When charging into combat, the Boss uses a Power Klaw like his Heavy counterpart, the raw power compensating for the cumbersome nature of the weapon. Thankfully, in such a unit, the Noble second-in-command usually is the only other wielder of a Klaw+++

++The Mekboy++
“But who’s gonna do the krumpin when yer eating pie” asked Zugnutz in innocent tone? “Da Oddboyz ain’t fit ter leads.” “Snotlings fer brains I tell ye” replied an irritated Bugsnik as he looked to his supposed heir “Gork occasionally blesses a smart Mek and dey brings da coolest toys into da battlefield. Da Shokk Attack Gun is a fun one, ded stompy and great fer krumping Megabeakies and Megafisheads, while der Kustom Forcefield is nice fer keeping da boyz good fer krumping. Dey even have these really stompy suits uv Mega Armor wiv built-in Burnas…maybe you should get one, hurhur.” “I know da Mek wutzits Kernal but owdya use em?” asked the Kaptain in an unusually (for an Ork that is) curious tone. “If we want to move in fer a krumpin, he uses da Mega Armor or Kustom Forcefield. If dey want to move in fer a krumpin, he uses da Shokk Gun or Kustom Forcefield…ey da Forcefield is mighty useful even though it ain’t killy…and he can use a Burna with it too.”

+++As the aforementioned Lukas Anzion states, certain Orks are genetically encoded with abilities that most humans have to study arduously to learn. The Mekboy in particular functions as an inventor for the Orks, their eccentric drive to invent without properly venerating the Machine Spirits proof as to their heresy. We use them as a cautionary example of what happens when one does not properly care for their technology, as they blow themselves or their comrades up with their dangerous “Shokk Attack Gun,” a weapon which draws upon the very Warp to destroy its targets. Such a dangerous individual should be the target of heavy anti-tank fire lest he inadvertently bring in Daemons to consume us all, though they tend to hide amongst their Orkish brethren making them harder to pick out amidst the crowd. Nevertheless, other Orks have learned to keep their distance from the Shokk Gun lest they be consumed in an explosion and most specialized Orks will not deign to stand anywhere near the Mek, having fought too long to die to their own comrades.

The opposite is true of a Force-field toting Mek. Although Forcefields tend to be less prevalent during obstacle-heavy battlefields (perhaps the savages think it humorous to use the Shokk Attack Gun for demolishing buildings), in large open battlefields like desert expanses or oil refineries, the Mek with a Force Field has unrivaled popularity for his ability to project a protective energy field among vehicles and troops. Such protection shall not stop our weapons of flame or our blessed Power Blades though even the mighty Lascannon can find its use rendered naught against its power. Worst of all is when this Warder of Orks rides into battle astride a Wagon or Trukk of his own, projecting the field while not exposing himself to fire in turn. Whenever a Warboss does not lead the charge, the Mekboy is the second-most common commander+++

+++The Weirdboy+++
Just then, Sanctioned Psycho Pete teleported into the chamber. “Kernel, a Beakie Fighta is strafing us and we ain’t got da boyz to bring it down…” “Den do its yerself Pete! Come Zugnutz, come watch a Weirdboy.” The three Orks went outside…a small din of shoota fire kept firing at the aircraft yet failed to hit it properly…even as bombs fell around them, Pete began to focus his energy into a more coherent form…just as the bomba was above him he released the energy in a glowing beam of force, the solid hit tearing a hole in the Thunderhawk. Even as it crash-landed, it kept firing at the assorted muzzle flashes on the ground.

By now the rest of Bugsnik’s Kaptains had assembled before him with unerring precision. “Good Krumpin. Zugnutz, this one’s yours” said the Boss as Pete focused again, teleporting them to the crash site. Zugnutz never got used to teleportation yet he didn’t doubt its effectiveness. The entangled Marines didn’t see the Orks emerge from behind, much less the skorchas and blasts of psychic energy that killed them. “Kernal, dis is Zugnutz…all da Beakies are down” he shouted on a Vox-caster. “Good job…get back over here” “Right boss” said Zugnutz as the Nobs teleported again. “Dat was fun, but what bout da uva Weirdboyz? Da ones dat ain’t Warpheads.” “I wouldn’t trust em” replied Bugsnik “fer deys a liability and an army can’t afford that. Keep a Warphead to support ye and you’ll be blessed by Gork and Mork themselves.”

+++Among the Orks lies a particularly foul form of Psyker known as the Weirdboy. While the entire race of Orks is latently psychic and should thus be dealt with extreme prejudice, the Weirdboy is able to channel this latent power into far more concrete forms. As this report shows, there are two main degrees of Psyker: the weaker Weirdboy and the more powerful Warphead; the infamous Old Zogwort falls into the latter category, a foul sorcerer capable of transforming his foes into Squigs.

The Orks as a have no equivalent to the Eldar Warlock Path or the Scholastica Psykana; as a result their Psykers are capable of many atrociously powerful effects, yet they have little control over the powers at hand. This makes dealing with them an erratic proposition at best for some may accidentally fry their own compatriots and yet drive them on to victory. Should a Weirdboy not succumb to the Warp, then he will become a Warphead, a far more dangerous foe with some degree of control over his own powers. Bugsnik himself reflected on this control being the only time he’ll associate with such Psykers, suggesting they too know somewhat of the dangers of the Warp.

The powers at hand vary from moment to moment; a Weirdboy once capable of summoning bolts of pure light capable of cracking the hull of a Leman Russ will then be able to teleport across the battlefield or most dangerously of all recursively amplify the power of the Orks Waaagh. The Warphead is doubly dangerous in that he can usually choose his powers thus making him less of a liability and more capable of casting the right spell at the right time. The worst thing of it all is we seldom can effectively target this fell Xeno for he loves to surround himself with his mates, their latent energy amplifying his own power and their bodies sheltering him from adversity. A lone Weirdboy is an isolated threat easily dealt with+++

+++The Kroot Leaders+++
At that moment, several of the bulkiest Kroot Shapers emerged from the shadows, flanked by Kroot Hounds. Two of the Shapers carried Burnas on them while another three carried Eviscerators; giant chainsaws capable of tearing through a Land Raider. All of them carried trophy bits of Marine armor. The leader of the group, armed with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter and carrying a looted Rosarius, stepped forward. Bugsnik knew the leader had something to say so he put a Babelsquig in his ear. “Dem Beakies wuz good eatins?” asked Bugsnik in an unusual (for an Ork that is) friendly tone. “Yes” replied the Babelsquig…“We lost another Shaper though…found him in one of the pies.” “So?” asked Bugsnik “We wish to eat the chef” replied the Babelsquig…“Consider it payment; we’ll let you keep his teef too” “Okie-dokie” replied Bugsnik as they disappeared into the shadows again. “What wuz dat bout Boss?” asked Zugnutz in confusion. “I wuz sick of mystery meat” replied Bugsnik.

+++In the earliest phases of the Tau expansion, the Orks first ran across the Kroot. For the first time, they found another race that was equally as savage as they were in close combat, and they were thrilled to have found such an excellent fight. The Kroot in turn, while bitter at the destruction of their homeworld of Pech, grew all the stronger with their absorption of Ork DNA. Over time, many Kroot took on the physical attributes of their Ork adversaries, gaining bulkier muscle mass and leathery skin and the more brutish among them took to hiring themselves along the Orks. However, the idea of mercenaries working alongside the Orkish tide is generally uncommon still, and whenever a Council of Shapers (and a Master Shaper much rarer) works alongside the Orks (rather than assigning a squad of Kroot in their stead), they usually have a very specific purpose in mind. Perhaps the one thing they can do that a unit of Nobles can’t do is hunt down tanks with unerring precision. Infiltrating into position, they will charge from cover and with Eviscerator or Meltabomb move to disrupt enemy armored formations. However, such is the exorbitant demand for weapons and other concessions (among them eating Orks) that rare is the commander that hires the leaders rather than their less demanding underlings.+++

[Coming soon: Da Elite Boyz]

Comments and criticisms? Is this format decent or should I stick to a more direct "how to use Orks?"
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:08   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Da Ork Taktiks [WIP]

Well done! a great job! can't wait to se the next ones. Kroot bit was interesting to. I realy like the format of this, while being easy to read it has good narative which makes it interesting to. good work!

do aussie people have accents or does everyone recognize us as ausies because we have no accent

why are people so stupid they have to sue for everything and take the fun out of life
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i really like the tactica but I think it mentions somewhere in fluff that orks don't actually die, that is why they are so nasty because they must be killed. Th older they are the darker green they are and the more fights they win the bigger they get. that is why the ork kingdoms are so nasty because when a warboss gets in power he grows expenotially bigger from being in power making more powerful making him bigger and the cycle goes on. I do like the story and the idea of kroot merc army and ork army combination sounds nasty
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Back in Rogue Trader when 'Ere we Go was published, the original Orks were designed so that when they did get old they would wander off in the wilderness to "look for sumtin" and die, with new Orks budding from the corpse. This was retconned in 3rd ed but the story was making reference to this.

Elites should be in a few days.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:18   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vercingatorix
i really like the tactica but I think it mentions somewhere in fluff that orks don't actually die, that is why they are so nasty because they must be killed. Th older they are the darker green they are and the more fights they win the bigger they get. that is why the ork kingdoms are so nasty because when a warboss gets in power he grows expenotially bigger from being in power making more powerful making him bigger and the cycle goes on. I do like the story and the idea of kroot merc army and ork army combination sounds nasty
Nope - orks do die. They just pass of spores and can continue to act that bit longer when they should be technically dead. Think of it in the same way as you would human adrenaline - you can keep gonig for a short amount time when by all means you should be out for the count.
[hr]
Good post man - need any help?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:31   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i didn't know about the 2nd edition stuff but I didn't mean that they couldn't be killed I just meant that unless killed they would keep living for a really long time. The Brainboys that made them well they would probably want to take the best traits from plants including for a few of them extrodinary long life. that's what i understood from the last codex and the new one didn't really mention it.
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good form, MagicJuggler. Karma point earned!!

I liked the part about how the Kroot and Orks have been interacting ....................

Best,

Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Very original format and solid advice, to boot! I like it a lot and look forward to seeing more!

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2008, 02:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sorry it took so long.

+++Elites+++

It was at Bugsnik’s approval of the Kroot request that an idea began to form in Zugnutz mind. He was going to be Boss, but there were too many other gitz out there that wanted to be Boss too. He had to make them disappear and he knew just how; by inviting them to meet up with him, and playing them off against each other, he would secure his place as da Big Boss.

As Bugsnik went off to find something to krump, Zugnutz thought he’d send a Grot to make a request of the local Mekboy Gubbinz. Gubbinz was ambitious like all other Meks and dreamt of having his own Warband, but he was too weak; he sent Sayit his courier Grot with a note stapled to his back to come to the tent to discuss a new commission for some Mega-Armor…

+++For the next few hours, Zugnutz performs a small purge of the secondary commanders in Bugsnik’s army, noted for being powerful representatives of the assorted Elite factions of Orks. As Orks have addictive personalities, it is all too common for an Ork whom lives through his first few battles to develop a fondness for a particular aspect of battle. The Tankbustas enjoy the thrill of exploding vehicles above all, while the Lootas take the phrase “to the victor goes the spoils” to extremes, loading themselves down with whatever weapons they can find on the field.

Of interesting note is that these addictions usually end up being partially influenced by clan ideology, and so some Orks are more likely to develop different addictions based on their clan; the most infamous associations include Deathskull Lootas and Blood Axe Commandos, although in theory any of the specialized addictions can occur in any Clan. This stands in contrast to rank-and-file Orks whom aside from clan colors usually are fairly similar to one another.+++

+++The Mekboyz and their company+++
Zugnutz was getting particularly annoyed with the coming and goings of individual Ork parties. It was in the nature of Orks to do as little hard work as needed, and Zugnutz just wanted to krump something.

Gubbinz entered the tent, flanked by Toofgrabba the Loota and Pyro the Burnaboy. A goblin toof-counter in an accountant’s hat trailed behind them, a paper trail trailing behind the trailing goblin. It was a trailing trail of a trailing Grot, but such linguistic puns were lost on the Orks as they spoke of business. In particular, Gubbinz had allocated a Burna work-team to cut of the ceramite from the dead Marines and was looking to get a kommission for an armor-suit.

Zugnutz thought it over and figured he could use a new suit. It would take a night to build but Zugnutz would have none of it, although if he could speak taktiks with Toofgrabba and Pyro then it would be less boring for him…

+++As mentioned in Lukas Alexander’s earlier treatise on Ork, the Ork DNA occasionally has encoded into it innate technical knowledge. The Orks with such prowess is dubbed a Mekboy or Mek by his other Boyz. From what we’ve managed to gather on the subject manner, these Orks serve as weaponsmiths, combat engineers, and other specialized roles that the average Ork Boy wouldn’t think of. When these Mekboyz gather for combat, they are accompanied by either of two factions of Orks, the Lootas or the Burnas. Already on the fringes of Ork society for socially unacceptable behavior, the Mekboyz nevertheless value them for their ability to acquire parts for their projects.

Among the Orks exists a peculiar sect of pyromaniacs known as Burnas. Armed with a modular flamethrower capable of switching between a torrent of flame capable of wrecking havoc upon light infantry, and between a cutting beam capable of penetrating terminator armor, these Orks are only tolerated for their raw ability to inflict raw chaos. Previous battles against the Orks have shown a Burna “mob” (an individual group of Burnas and their Meks numbers no more than 15, and in some cases goes as low as 5 Orks; additionally, at most only 3 in a Mob are actually Meks) to occur in several different forms, the roles in question varying depending on the army type.

One of the most popular mobs in a Dreadmob army is a group of 2 Burnas and three Meks carrying Big Shootas (a large-caliber autofiring weapon akin to an upgunned Heavy Stubber); this unit is used mainly for keeping a Kan Screen running in the face of enemy fire, although the unit’s role as a shock squad increases as more Burnas enter. This same unit could also serve as a countercharge unit in a defensive shooting army, although until then the unit would most likely be confined to keeping fire-support vehicles running, thus limiting where they would effectively countercharge from. In a dedicated counter-charge or shock units, Mekboyz would rather not sully their hands.

Mekboy involvement in a Loota Mob tends to be more infrequent however during a battle, perhaps because since most Mekboyz are mutually competitive with one another, they would rather advance into the thick of combat where the most salvage could be had; Lootas are a cowardly lot, scavenging after they’re sure they won’t be killed, and as such support the Ork armies as a fire-support unit capable of gross amounts of damage. Armed with “Deffguns” which can prove the rough equivalent to our own Autocannons, they are one of the most dreaded units an Imperial Commander can face as nothing short of Power Armor can protect against their shells. However, particularly cunning Ork Commanders have been known to have Lootas set up in conjunction with supporting units designed to intimidate enemy armored crews to turning to face what they perceive a great threat; this of course results in these Imperial tanks exposing their weaker side and rear armor to the Lootas, whom then proceed to blow them asunder; many a Leman Russ has been lost to such simple trickery.

+++Nobz+++
Finally, Zugnutz was loaded up. “Da killiest suit you’ll ever uz; you kan krump anyone in it.” “Dat so?” replied Zugnutz as he fooled around with the dials on the Kombi-Skorcha, the blast of flame incinerating the Mek and his bodyguards where they stood…“I’ll take it! Ooops...”

+++Every now and then, some Nobs will strike out on their own and form a unit distinct of that of the Warboss. Perhaps the biggest reason they would do this is because they don’t like having a bigger Ork watching over them, and they figure the position of Nob leader is always available for the strongest to claim. The same combat styles as mentioned for the Nob Bodyguards are used in independent Nob mobs; however the Biker Mob is more frequently encountered without a Warboss, perhaps due to Kults of Speeds being semi-autonomous from normal Warbands.+++

+++Kommandos+++

“You done krumped dat Mekboy real good” commented Morkgrod as he emerged from the shadows, Zugnutz looking in surprise for nobody ever snuck up on him before. “Can I ave the Burna?” “Wut you wants a burna for” replied a curious Zugnutz? “Cuz our team needs wun fer when we make a fortified assault or fer when we needs to krump Nobz dat get too big for their bootz” was Morkgrod’s answer.

It was at this comment that got to Zugnutz, for Morkgrod was Weismann’s slayer…a pair of Kommandos leapt from the shadows, striking at Zugnutz, although such was his luck that he didn’t suffer much through his Mega-armor. His anger was absolute, his Power Klaw shattering through the spine of one Kommando and throwing it against the other. It was down to him and Morkgrod; as they circled each other, they threw punches against each other, the cosmic energies battering them into near submission…however, they were evenly matched in skill and Zugnutz was getting annoyed at having to krump Kommandos that kept popping up from the shadows…

+++The Ork that killed Weismann was a Kommando Nob. From what we’ve gathered on the subject, they are formed from Orks whom disdain the casual attitude the majority of their race holds towards war, yet find the Stormboyz to be equally as incompetent. Masters of disguise, their increasing prevalence is proof to the need to update the Tactica Imperium for they are a flexible, powerful unit capable of frightening things. Fortunately for us, they also are motivated by pay and rare is the Warboss wealthy enough to buy these fighters for they expect twice the loot as the other Boyz. Therefore when a Boss hires them, it’s with a specific purpose.

Perhaps the most common reason for a Boss to hire a Kommando is because he needs some special weapons placed at a critical location. In general, shorter-ranged weapons like the burna win prevalence over other special weapons, as the Kommandos are skilled enough to evade detection until the time is correct to strike.

+++Tankbustas+++

Then a Rocket blew a hole in the tent, blowing up Morkgrod to smithereens. A few more Rokkits punctuated the affair before a small team of Orks wielding really big Tankhammers smashed the rest aside. This done, the Nob of the group, “BOOMA” chuckled…”hurhur, looks like I gets to krump you alls…”

+++Of the other Ork specialists, the Tankbustas pose one of the greatest threats to our war-plans on Armageddon. Although even less disciplined than other Orks and with an annoying tendency to aim for vehicles even as other units converge upon them, their raw potential for damage is frightening to say the least.

The standard Tankbuster carries a Rokkit Launcha, a miniature missile-tube armed with short-ranged Krak Missiles; however, such is the design of the Rokkit Launcha that a Tankbusta unit can move to put pressure on a vehicle’s side armor although less effectively than a Rokkit-armed Buggy; their use of Squigs to deliver Tankbombs helps compensate, although rumors have it some more heretical Tankbustas use stolen Tau Abominable Intelligence to direct Hunter-Killer Missiles from beyond the battlefield. The threat of a tankbusting unit, however, has forced many an armored unit to keep his facing to the Tankbustas, rendering their side armor vulnerable to Loota mobs, as shown in the diagram below.

When there are no vehicles to destroy, the Tankbustas will content themselves with monstrous creatures, power-armored Space Marines, or whatever else they can fight. In one particular legend regarding Tuska the Daemonkilla, a unit of Tankbustas took out a Keeper of Secrets by opening up with a volley of Tankbusta fire to eliminate its small Marine entourage, before smashing the Daemon with the Tankhammers. Of course, such explots in general are regulated to legend, for the Tankbustas are generally not renowned for melee.

+++Kroot Specialists+++

One of the Bustas attempted to thwack Zugnutz with a Tankhammer, that too bouncing off his Mega-Armor…dispatching them was easy enough…but seeing as what was supposed to be a simple series of assassinations was basically a barfight, with Orks hitting each other and Gretchin scurrying underfeet, Zugnutz wondered who else would join in…

Apparently some Painboy Kroot answered the calling, bringing massed Urty Syringes into the fray, the poison eating through flesh. Some Stalkers also emerged to plunge their knives into the backs of some Orks, although nobody really noticed them entering or exiting…in the end, only Zugnutz and some Kroot remained. The deal worked as normal; he kept the Teef, they ate the rest. He nodded at them as they snuck off into the shadows.

+++There are two particularly specialized forms of Kroot which occasionally find their ways into the ranks of an Ork Waaagh. As in the case of the Shapers, they only come into play if the Warboss has a specific task at hand.

The first unit of note is also the lesser-encountered. The Kroot Headhunter is a Kroot whom either possesses a poisonous bite, or as part of a more disturbing trend is a Kroot carrying a Urty Syringe; perhaps this is the result of Kroot eating a Mad Dok but we shall not truly know. Thankfully, their weapons are utterly ineffective against most armor and thus they tend to flounder.

The second unit is a far deadlier threat; the Stalker Kindred are an elite group of Kroot whom have acquired stealth capabilities that only the Catachans could come to terms with. With their deployment capabilities, they serve a niche as an expendable disruption unit, their Kroot Hounds and Power Weapons providing decent melee capability as well. The main restriction regarding their use however is that due to their mercenary nature, most Orks would rather spend their Teef on more Kommandos as they are slightly cheaper and more durable against enemy shooting. The Kroot are better shots however, and potentially more damaging in melee combat should it last beyond a single round.+++

Troops soon.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 05:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Again, amazing. My only critique is that the picture is slightly sub-par when compared to the rest of the article, not that it actually detracts from the the rest of it.

Great work,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote