Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Old Zogwart- the greatest character in 40k?
Old 20 Jan 2008, 06:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Old Zogwart- the greatest character in 40k?

Well he might not be, but in my opinion he is one of the coolest, the fluff is interesting AND he's got the coolest psychic power in the game >

Lets look at him for a second- wounds on a 2+ everytime, thats pretty special, good WS, nest of Vipers attack, he is a weirdboy warphead, and he can turn the most powerful characters into measly little squiggly beasts !!!! who in their right mind does not think that is cool 8)

To top all this off, he's 20pts cheaper than Cheif Libarian Tigarus, about the same price as a tooled out warbike boss! is he not the greatest greenskin to walk the galaxy

One question though, can he turn monstorous creature IC's into squiggs to? if so can you imagine a necron player bringing out his nightbringer, only to se it turned into a little tiny squigg :P. What a great waste of 400pts ;D

do aussie people have accents or does everyone recognize us as ausies because we have no accent

why are people so stupid they have to sue for everything and take the fun out of life
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 06:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Old Zogwart- the greatest character in 40k?

Cool character but the biggest draw back to using him over other HQ choices is that he doesn;t allow any heavy, fast or elite choices to be fielded as troops.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 06:42   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

but, is that realy all that important fast attack choices can all be taken in squads, and you can always add another warboss or big mek if you feel like it

do aussie people have accents or does everyone recognize us as ausies because we have no accent

why are people so stupid they have to sue for everything and take the fun out of life
Old 20 Jan 2008, 15:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

In mid to large point games sures its important. Also He is one of the higher costing HQs and anything above 100pts for me is hard to justify.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 16:53   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight

Don't know if he's the best of all but certainly very cool. Is he a product of an earlier edition brought back or a totally new fella? I mean, the special characters in the new book seem pretty well-thought and interesting. I especially like the remade Snikrot. Somehow so damn cool. 8)

Great site for all DE stuff.
Commander Nearsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 17:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

totally agree about snikrot, since he doesn't even take up an HQ slot, just bloody awesome. Same goes for Snikrot.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 22:31   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well, ok so he might not be the best, i just think he's pretty cool. Anyways, how could i model him? he has to have vipers around him, he has to have no eyes and i would have to put in troffees like a warboss...
BTW this is all comming of the picture on page 61 of the codex

Old 21 Jan 2008, 20:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Truth be told, the not giving a certain unit type as a troops choice doesn't really matter that much for the only units that can be used as Troops thus are Bikes (but this requires Wazzdakka who isn't as cost-effective), Dreads (not as effective as Killa Kans) or Nobs/Meganobs (a potentially awesome unit but not until you're playing at 1500+ points). At lower levels you still need to focus on maxing out your Orky tide while having room for some options to help them survive, such as Deffkoptas for throwing at a Devestator squad, or Killa Kans for screening.

That said, Zogwort is awesome nonetheless though there are still several things that are unclear about him (does a Power Weapon Psykerpower still let him wound on 2+? Do Warpheads roll 2 dice and pick a power, or must they use the reroll if they like it less than the first power rolled? If this, can he choose to cast Curse of Zogwort instead of rerolling? Etc). Nevertheless, his being T5 makes him a viable option to use as he won't suffer as much from hidden powerfists in Beakie squads.

As for modeling him, snakes should be easy to greenstuff but me, I'm sort of a crazy converter and like to do things more creatively. At the moment, I'm actually contemplating using Orks to represent a Space Dwarf army, and am thinking of a Weirdboy in a Nob Mob being a Dwarven Runesmith with the Anvil of Doom. ;D
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Zogwort is straight foward on how his pyshic powers work. You roll one die and then if you like you can re roll it since he is a warphead. No where does it say that you roll two dice at the same time. If you read Zogwort's Curse it say that he can use his curse as a psychic power instead of rolling on the weirdboy psychic power table. With that said if your roll on the table then you chose not to use his curse. Once you roll for the table it is settled regardless of the power you roll. As for the psyker weapon I would say that he gets his posion attack and the power weapon since they are seperate items.
With this being said I have to now agree with Roberto on Old Zogwort being one of the greatest character in 40k. The only downside to him is his armour save but if you ran Old ZOgwort and Mad Dok Grotsnik then he could at least have a 5 plus save.

PS - Dread are more effective than killa khans in close cbt where Killa Khans excel at shooting now (drop in WS, and raise in BS).
Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:47   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Can Zogwort use his curse against monsterous creatures? because if he can wouldn't it just be hilarious if the nightbringer (arguably the stompiest thing in a game) comes up to your boyz when Old Zogwort steps in and turns a sun god into a squigg ;D ;D ;D