Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Unique Ork Army ~ Which is Your Choice?
View Poll Results: Unique Ork Army ~ Which is Your Choice?
Glacier Orks 5 55.56%
Storm Wave 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss
Default Unique Ork Army ~ Which is Your Choice?

Hey all,
Sort of leading on from my Clank Mob thread, I am still looking for a more unique Ork army, different to the everyday clans.
Firstly, is Glacier Orks. This army is inspired from the Blue Tablr Painting project "Tundra Orks" though I wouldnt be using Lord of the Rings components.
It's basically in breif an Ice World Snake Bite army using white warpaint, "Harpoon" converions for weapons, Spears, and I'd use Fantasy Orcs sprues.
Secondly, thr Storm Wave is inspired from General Ducky's new Storm Boy tutorial. I have always liked the idea of Storm Boys, and I think using Ducky's new tutorial I could get it done. It would just consist of a large large amount of Storm Boys, led by "a warboss on bike" but modelled as a 'Storm Boss.
Thoughts and votes are really wanted.
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Unique Ork Army ~ Which is Your Choice?

What would you do for vehicles in either army? I love the idea of themed armies, especially for Orks. It gives them a lot of character. Mine are the Wamp Gataz. Swamp based Speed Freaks using nothing but amphibious vehicles.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss

Amphibious Vehcles? Cool.
Yeah, that's a bit of a problem. I guess for the Storm Wave army, for Trukks, I could use the normal kit with some alterations, and then strap on Rokkits, to go with the theme.
As for the Glacier Ork army, I am stumped there. Advice is needed
I am also open to other ideas for a theme ork army.
Cheers
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 10:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Here's my idea for the Storm Wave. They are Orks that have become obsessed with rokkits. They try to incorporate rokkits into every facet of warfare. This is how I would set them up:

I see your HQ being filled with Big Meks
Elites could be mainly tankbustas and burna boyz with extra rokkits
Troops could be boyz with rokkits in rokkit propelled trukks
Fast attack would a couple mobz of Stormboyz one with Zagstruk, and a unit of Deffkoptas
Heavy could be filled with rokkit toting killa kans

For the Glacier Army I like the idea of harpoons. Do some research on Eskimos. Picture Orks in fuzzy fur lined coats, with baby seal clubs for choppas. The vehicles could all be based on snowmobiles; skids on the front and tank trends in the rear.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 13:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the idea of Glacier Orks. So many opportunities for cool conversions.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 15:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You could turn all your Warbuggy size vechicles into buggies with trakks instead of wheels that look more like the actula vechicles they use to get around in the Arctic.
Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 19:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

I think anything with tracks would fit right in. Give all your wartrukks reinforced rams so they look like plows. Even walkers will fit in this theme, they used walkers in the assault on Hoff in The Empire Strikes Back afterall. But if your orks are more primitive then you may not want many vehicles on the whole. A winter squiggoth would be cool!

For conversion ideas use lots of animal skins and long coats. The fantasy boyz are have more clothes than our 40k lads, and the savage orks have tons of skins. Converting those could be a pain because they're old and metal though.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 05:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I'm glad the tutorial did it's job and inspired someone.

I really like your idea of the Storm Wave. If I didn't have four Ork armies I was working on*, I'd definitely make one just like you've described. The trukk idea is great. Hell, for the fun of it I think one of my Trukk Boy mobs will be sportin' a rokkit-powered trukk!

If you're looking for cheap spears for the other idea, check your local party store, super market, or Wal-Mart. See if they have any party picks shaped like spears. They aren't pricey and would fit beautifully in the shoot boy trigger hand.

Best of luck,

-Grandpa Ducky

*Freebootaz, Rebel Grotz, Arm'ad Kumpany, Deffwing

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote