Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I built a battlewagon, waaagh!
Old 18 Jan 2008, 04:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex
Default I built a battlewagon, waaagh!

Alright boyz here's some pics of my newly built battlewagon. As you can see my web cam sucks but I took the best quality I could. I hope this works.

The hull is from a baslisk, the cockpit and some engine bits are from a wartrukk. The kannon is the griffon's heavy mortar, the big shootas are from the old warbikes and the deff rolla is made of tank traps. Most of the other bits I used to add bulk are a combination of plastic pieces such as the basilisk plates and more tank traps, as well as popsicle sticks to board up gaps and expand the frame.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: I built a battlewagon, waaagh!

Love the little mini sponsoon trakks and I take it that it has a 'Ard Case? Great work!!!
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 05:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Very entertaining. ;D

As Hyena pointed out, the mini-tracks on the sponsons are awesome. I like them. I also like how there's just random pieces of everything everywhere. Little bit of Bassie here, a dash of Trukk, and some Warbike for flavor!

My one and only criticism is that the Deffrolla doesn't look to Deff-ly. Maybe beef it up with some spruce or a couple of additional tank traps...

Do you have any more cool projects coming up?

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 06:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

Thanks the feedback guys. Here's a couple more pics of the battlewagon. One's a rear view and the other is with my leman russ to show a size comparison. That's the only thing I'm worried about is the size I made it, it is bulkier, longer and taller than the leman but not by much. My goal was to make it just big enough to fit in my box.

The deff rolla looks ok to me, but I might end up taking it out and replacing it with something like a soup can covered in spiky bits. Right now it's got more of a grinda effect than a rolla effect.

The upgrades I was going for are 'ard case, deff rolla, armour plates, grot riggas, red paint job (obviously not painted yet, except for the old kit-bashed parts) 4 big shootas and a kannon.

Oh and for upcoming projects, maaaaaybe a big mek's stompa for apocalypse.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 06:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

That second new picture shows the Deffrolla much better. At first, from the original pictures, it looked like just two X's stuck together. Now I can see it's much more killy.

Much better,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 13:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Great job on that. It looks downright Orky!