Here's an idea for an army list, discuss:

HQ

2 warbosses on warbikes.

Elites

1-3 units of nobs on warbikes

Troops

2 units of nobs on warbikes

Fast Attack

1-3 units of deffkoptas with anti-tank weapons (twin-linked rokkits, buzzsaws, KMB's)
OR mix of deffkoptas and warbike units

Compared to our biker gang lists from the old codex this seems rather... frightening.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 09:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: da Green Scars, Waaagh!

Maybe 1 bikeboss, 1 big bikernob squad, 3-4 warbike squads, backed up by 2 deffkopta squads, and maybe some buggies/big mek?

Looks too top-heavy with 2 bikernob squads and 2 warbosses, only leading 2 measly warbike squads.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 09:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

There are so many great Chapter knock-offs out there that it's funny. Very nice name.

As for the list, it does sounds scary. It's a horrible low model count, but should be fast enough that it doesn't matter.

One of the scariest things that you do to a Biker Nob mob is upgrade one to a Painboy and then stick him on a bike and give all the rest of those bikers Cybork bodies for a little extra killy. I'm not sure if GW meant for us to be able to do so, but it does make on 'ell of a wicked unit.

Overall, I like it.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 14:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Looks like it would work well in apocalypse. Probably too many points otherwise.

I think the two HQs and two troop choices (assuming you make them big units, to avoid the leadership problems that face nob units) run you about 1600.

redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

you could make one of the warbosses wazzdaka to give them some extra tank killing power
then replace one of the unit of nobs on bikes with normal bikers to get the model count up and give the other guys something else to shoot at other than really expensive nobs
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 18:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

I'm taking 2 warbosses and 2 biker nobs as troops because I don't wanna run anything but bike units, and we don't have bike units as troops unless you use the warboss special rule.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 20:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Why not drop 1 nob squad and 1 warboss and invest in a mob of trukkboys as your second troops choice? White scars use tactical marines too.....sometimes :P