Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I really want to make a new clan.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 03:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default I really want to make a new clan.

Well... I just got the new ork codex! The problem is, I don't want to use one of the predetermined ork clans, I want to have my own. This is where I would like your guys's help.

My army will be mostly a CC footslogging army. I will use a mass of boyz to smash into the front line, then bring up some transports up the sides.

In my clan CC is a necessity. Unless directly told otherwise (by the warboss because you are very shooty) All ork boyz are required to charge headlong straight towards the enemy screaming anything that makes the enemy quake with fear. Because of their lack of respect for their weak slugga weapons, slugga boyz have been known to hurl their sluggas at the enemy to confuse or daze them right before they crash into the enemy lines.

In my clan an ork must pass a test of some sort to become a "true ork". He is thrown into a pit of squigs. With only a choppa the ork must fight off all the squigs. If he does he is lifted out and becomes an "ork", if he does not... well, the squigs get extra food.

Okay I know that is a lot of info but can you guys help me think of a name and some colors. It would be much appreciated.
moomeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 04:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: I really want to make a new clan.

hmmm I can't think of a name at he moment, but for colors why not just a simple silver, beaten up and rusty armour plates, with whatever random colors you want the clothes to be? It's always worked for me

EDIT: You could also add some kind of initiation trophy, like a squig tooth or leg (as their body is essentially their head..) or just a converted choppa. Either make it more primitive looking, or make it "high tech". With that kind of fluff alone behind your army you could pull of some pretty nice conversions!
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 07:33   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Cander

Looking pretty though... Big Choppas? Sounds nice if you like much CC...

Take it easy...
Cander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 03:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I haven't got my hands on an ork codex yet but traditionally there has always been a set number of "clans". Now that isn't to say your warband can't be unique or anything but it wouldn't really be considered a new "clan" per say.

War is great! Well, except for that dying part ...
BeserkWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 04:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

There's always been the Big Six (the Goffs, the Snakebites, the Bad Moons, the Blood Axes, the Death Skulls and the Evil Sunz) but those are just the ones most known and most widely spread. On the world of Daktar VII, the Orks may have never heard of any of those clans. There might be the cavalry-obsessed Boars 'Ead clan there fighting for dominance with Da Grim Boyz and their notorious Warboss Grimgor Skull-Krusha.

Many klans have absolutely no following off-world. Some might be little backwater empires. but many are just a bunch of ferals banded together for survival.

-Grandpa Ducky

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 05:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

If I were to compare your idea of a new clan to the existing ones, I'd say you're along the lines of a goff playing style, with a hint of blood axes. Goffs relish close combat and charge headlong into the enemy, anybody who doesn't is a useless git and gets shunned. While Blood Axes don't really adopt this style of combat, they make better use of tactics - your idea of holding back shooting units and using a flanking transport maneuver, for example. The fluff ideas for both disdaining sluggas and pit fighting squigs is reminiscent of the Snake Bite's.

Now I'm not saying your idea is unoriginal nor am I saying you should play one of the clans I just mentioned. What I'm suggesting is taking what you like about this clans and implementing them in your style to form your own, I'm merely comparing your ideas to existing ones to help get a foothold.

So, what kind of units do you intend on fielding? If your goal is to swarm the enemy on one front while circling around to flank with fast units, you could go 50/50 with green tide and speed freeks. I think good colours for your paint scheme would be lots of black because it's ded 'ard and stompy, red because they go faster and because it's killy, and brown and metallics for everything else. Such a paint scheme would look intimidating without being garish or ragtag in appearance, but I definitely think you should maintain an overall dark look.

Now I'm not very creative with names, but things like "Mad Marauders" or "<insert warboss's name's> Blood Toof Boyz" come to mind.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 15:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Alright Thanks guyz.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 03:23   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have a new idea. My orks often times will kill their enemies by biting or ripping limbs off with their massive jaws. Sometimes bloodlust frenzied orks will even devour their foes.

Can anyone think of a name for my clan based on my earlier ideas and this one right here?
Old 16 Jan 2008, 18:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

Da Blood Toof's seems even more appropriate now. Like I said though I'm not good with names.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote