Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Joining the Horde...
Old 07 Jan 2008, 17:55   #1 (permalink)
Anton

Default Joining the Horde...

Heya,

On Friday afternoon I visited my local GW to buy some stuff with my Christmas money, talk to the staff etc... Anyway, they had the new Ork Codex out and the new models out on display and... They won me over instantly. The new codex is fantastic, the wealth of information is astounding! The humour of the Orks has been reinforced, I found myself laughing on multiple occasions when flicking through the Codex. The new models are fantastic, my favorites being the Warbikes and the Shokk Attack Gun totting Mek.

So I bought the Spearhead Box set which also came with the new Codex for free! And I spent my entire weekend building my new models and studying the Codex. I've made a list (which I'll post later!) which includes all the units in the Spearhead, and which sets me off with almost half of my 1000pts force already! I adore the new Codex, I adore the new models and I want to play Orks because I want to have fun whilst I'm gaming.

I hope I'm welcome here, and I'll "see you gitz on da' frontline." :P
Old 07 Jan 2008, 18:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Joining the Horde...

Is the leaked codex the same as the new one?
Old 07 Jan 2008, 19:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex

That's awesome Anton, I'm glad you enjoy your orks. If I didn't already have so many orks I'd consider getting the spearhead. I am very happy with the new codex even though I don't have a copy yet, but I can't wait until they start selling it and smaller bunches of the new models.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
sneroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 20:02   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Cander

Welcome in dude! Glad to have you around! You won't regret your decision to play da orks. They are just outstanding awesome! Looking forward to see your list.

Take it easy...
Cander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 22:05   #5 (permalink)
Anton

Thanks for the welcome guys, it's greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cander
Welcome in dude! Glad to have you around! You won't regret your decision to play da orks. They are just outstanding awesome! Looking forward to see your list.
I've never been so excited over an army before, the new rules are simply amazing! Me and my brother are already planning out many great battles between my Orks and his Dark Angels, and I can't bloody wait! I'll have my list posted up by tomorrow hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungard
Is the leaked codex the same as the new one?
I haven't seen the 'leaked' version, but the one I have is fantastic, it's easily the best and most entertaining Codex I've read yet. The amount of effort they've put into the new Ork fluff is amazing, and I think that GW has done an ace job with the new Orks codex, and I hope to see them being played in many battles to come.
Old 08 Jan 2008, 17:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

I have achieved my own hard copy of the codex too now, and I gotta say its quite nice. Good artwork, nice models, nice fluff, rather consistent, and well in tune with 4th ed.

I dont know if its balanced. Time will tell...
Old 09 Jan 2008, 07:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

After reading the new codex the fluff alone tempts me to start collecting Orks, it's all very entertaining. The loss of choppas is a bit sad but overall the list looks much more competitive and a blast to play or fight against.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 01:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome aboard, Anton. The Orks do have amusing fluff. Most of what is written in the Fluff department in the New Ork Codex has been written elsewhere already over the years. Pages 26 through 29 are new, however. The tale of Tuska the Daemon-Killa is almost worth the cost of the Codex in and of itself!

Best Regards,

Old 11 Jan 2008, 03:33   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

It is the leaked 'dex. With more pages (mostley pics) added in. I have both leaked and real, and I too think it is the best 'dex yet. I want to make a Tuska Deamon-Killa model now! Wagghhhhh!