Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cheese on Wheels.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 06:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Cheese on Wheels.

Ork filth:

I fought an Ork army today, and even though my Tau did ultimatly win in the end, raining pulse fire and missiles into your unorganized mobs of scum, one unit in particular cost us dearly.

A group of 'nobz' on your bikes, accompanied by the Warboss, and one of the nobz was upgraded to a Painboy.

Toughness 5. A 4+ cover save that follows them. A 5+invul from the 'Bionics'. FEEL NO PAIN. TURBO BOOST. STIKK BOMBZ. And, to top it all off, 2 wounds a piece.

I shot -EVERYTHING- I had at them, and only managed to kill two. And when I say everything, I meant every available gun within 36". Also, we were playing a 2k pt game. Thats a LOT of Tau guns. And I only managed to inflict 2 deaths.

What's worse, it wasn't a full squad of 10, it was a mere 6 or 7 bikes (including the Warboss on his bike)....

How is that fair? Feel no Pain on a 2 wound T5 model? With a 4+cover save AND 5+invul? Wtf?

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Cheese on Wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShaperx
Ork filth:

I fought an Ork army today, and even though my Tau did ultimatly win in the end, raining pulse fire and missiles into your unorganized mobs of scum, one unit in particular cost us dearly.

A group of 'nobz' on your bikes, accompanied by the Warboss, and one of the nobz was upgraded to a Painboy.

Toughness 5. A 4+ cover save that follows them. A 5+invul from the 'Bionics'. FEEL NO PAIN. TURBO BOOST. STIKK BOMBZ. And, to top it all off, 2 wounds a piece.

I shot -EVERYTHING- I had at them, and only managed to kill two. And when I say everything, I meant every available gun within 36". Also, we were playing a 2k pt game. Thats a LOT of Tau guns. And I only managed to inflict 2 deaths.

What's worse, it wasn't a full squad of 10, it was a mere 6 or 7 bikes (including the Warboss on his bike)....

How is that fair? Feel no Pain on a 2 wound T5 model? With a 4+cover save AND 5+invul? Wtf?
So what. You can position your skimmers to help channel the orks how you want them to be. It takes positioning, it also sounds like their rolls may have been above average or your rolls were underaverage. Things happen. Of course, I like Enslavers to get rid of and turn the problems against the original threat...but many people dislike that an 80's point figure can defeat even an Imperator Titan in two game turns...

;D Crap like that and the old CSM Daemon Princes are what caused me to adopt an Enslaver themed army.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

what? its an expensive unit.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheRuss
what? its an expensive unit.
The imperator? Yeah, but it's funny to see the little figure take it over single handed. I dislike war machines that much...Other people hate it too when I can do that...took a friends Abaddon and An'ggrath over (for the greater good of course). Needless to say he was a little upset.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 08:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Firstly, why did he have bionics? he had a perfectly good cover save there, which is only negated by flamers..
Anyway,Yes bikes are hard, but also expensive, especially nob bikers, at least 50 points a piece,

I've had trouble with normal marine bikers, my entire crisis suit army shot every plasma gun and missile pod they had.. and they just wouldn't die, :P
Now ork bikes are nasty, there almost as tough as marines (if not tougher) with that cover save, but not unbeatable. The orks need something hard, choppy and fast or it would just be a 'walk across the table' army and you would have killed him.

But like enderwiggin said, use your skimmers to channel him, or sit them in front of your units, I've done that against tyranids, lol, sat in a corner behind my hammerheads, shooting the big monsters that could hurt and just left the little ones to panic.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 08:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Those bionics saved his skin. Markerlights can negate cover, I did. Only to realise he had 5+invul vs my plasma, and Feel No Pain on top of it. Cheeeeeese.

Old 04 Jan 2008, 08:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Hahahaha, well negate his cheese with your own cheese :P Or beard, whichever suits you best, I like the cheesey beardy approach best.

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 08:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

He's turning the front tire of the lead Nob's bike into a cheese-wheel. lol

Old 04 Jan 2008, 09:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

What are you whining for?!? You won the battle did you not?* ^-^

A warboss on a bike with 6 nobs is NOT a cheap unit. Its supposed to be tough to kill, and its supposed to be hurty when it reaches you! Otherwise you'd just face another 40 orks to mow your way through...
Old 04 Jan 2008, 12:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, so you won the game and there was one unit you were unable to handle? I take it you expected to just roll over all his units because he plays Orks and you play Tau?

As others are saying, that unit is damn expensive. That unit of 6-7, for the sake of math we'll say 6 Nobz, with a Painboy and a Warboss, would have run him a MINIMAL of 490 points. The cost only increases from there based on additional wargear, so he could have easily run that unit over 600 points in cost.

Now, did you have a like unit on the table that was meant to deal with a, for the sake of discussion, 500 point unit? If I spent that much on a SINGLE unit, I'd damn well expect it would be the bane of my opponent.