30 Grotz w/ minderz

30 Grots w/ minderz

Fast attack:

6 Bikerz & Nob w/ PK

6 Bikerz

Heavy support:

Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun & 'Ardcase

Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun & 'Ardcase

I'm converting all of the characters with models from the Ogre kingdoms...
Snikrot is gonna be converted from the Ogre Ninja!

'ere we go! 'ere we go! 'ere we go!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Badmutha's Waaagh!

why the grots? theyre RUBBISH! :P

or will you just have heaps of leftover gnoblars?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Tao-Avatar

actually they are fearless above twelve models... and you can arguably say all swarm bases and/or gun drones are rubbish, but they can work great if used correctly...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao-Avatar
actually they are fearless above twelve models... and you can arguably say all swarm bases and/or gun drones are rubbish, but they can work great if used correctly...
Actually, the Runtherds are fearless, not the Grots. In the leaked codex, you'll notice it says Special Rules (Runtherds), followed by the mob rule, furious charge, and waaagh! Below that there are two entries titled Special Rules (Gretchin), which makes no mention of the mob rule.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 02:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Great Gork your right!

I guess thats why they would get the squigs then so that the grotz don't go runnin'...

but why then give the Herda Boyz all the speshul rulz, eh? I am slightly confuzed...

Can anyone give me any indication why grotz would or would not be rubbish...

I realize they have horrible stats but 99 wounds for 3 troops slots and 360 points sounded really fun...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 03:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm one of the few left who thinks Grots still have a use in the new dex. They lost the living shield rule, we all know, but they are still half the cost of boyz and still make a really cheap tie up unit. I'll admit I won't be fielding them every game as I have been, but I'll still field them when I feel I could use them.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 03:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

what would you field em for though... my regular opponents are tau and necrons... I thought that if they managed to get close to the tau they might be useful but surviving was my worry...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd field them against assault oriented armies mostly. The loss of the living shield rule makes them pretty useless against shooty armies. LD checks in shooting are mostly just a formality, who ever fails them or fails them enough to justify not trying? There are really now just an assault tie up unit.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:36   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

In the old 'dex grots were pretty much standard. No real warboss would leave home without them - that cover save was vital to actually getting somewhere in realitive safety.

But unfortunately, the guys at games workshop thought that they would make things just that bit harder for us. I mean after all - marines and eldar don't get cheap units that provide them cover. So why should the boyz? (if you can't tell - Im being sarcastic)

And in this game where the shooty army on the other side of the board has the advantage, GW goes and removes the most ready entry to help cope with all of those heavy weapons.

Theres so much that they have decided to chomp out of this codex it's rediculous.

First person to say "take the good with the bad" or anything to do with ying and yang gets hurt. Badly.
[hr]

Anyways... On with the show :funny:

Something that has crossed my mind - what the hell do you plan to do with all of those grots?? Yes, you have just under 100 models to play with. But the rest of your army is mounted or on bikes and is able to zip over to the other side of the table. Leaving the grots to go on foot. And since the grots are now only good for holding up the enemy - it kinda defeats the object of it.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 18:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

well... the thing is that I am just plain tired of playing with chaos, so the idea is to sell my chaos off and finish up my Eldar army and start buying into an Ork army (these have alway been my favorite armies anyway)...

Poking around the online store I found that you could buy a bucket of knoblars for next to nothing, and I had a vision of the pitter-patter of angry little knoblars drowning Tau in a greenish wave... (my regular opponent is a Tau player)

but mostly its that they are cheap to buy... I guess what I am shooting for here is a cost effective 2000 point list that is also balanced enough to tourney...