Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

should i be orks
Old 24 Oct 2007, 17:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default should i be orks

i was wondrin if da orks wer da rite killa teeem for meee and should i wait till da codeks thing comes out

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2007, 18:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: should i be orks

ok, first, speek like an ork, but not so Oomans af to read your post twice to understand. And yes, i would wait till the codex comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2007, 21:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau hunter
i was wondrin if da orks wer da rite killa teeem for meee and should i wait till da codeks thing comes out
You`ve already gotten enough warnings concerning your spelling from Vash over at the Tau boards, so I won`t bother with reminding you of the spelling rules here on TO. Even IF you tried to use "Orky speech", things like punctuation and Capital letters at the beginning of each sentence are a must.

To answer your question: If you want to know if Orks are your thing, you have to tell us what you expect from your army first. Orks may be green, loud, funny, violent, and see the whole galaxy as a big barfight, but that`s not for everyone.
So, do you want reliability? Stoic troops? Accurate shooting? Elegant Close Combat units that strike so fast no one can fight back? Yes? Then Orks are definitely not your army.

So, tell us what you want, and we might be able to get you on the way.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2007, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, If ya like krumpin' thingz, killin oomies, panzees, tin 'eads, fish 'eads, and beakies, den Orks iz da army for you!

But seriously, there are some things to take into consideration before you make your conversion.
  • Make sure that your ready to dedicate most of your games to close combat. You see, we Orks aren't very accurate...
  • Make sure that you are a good converter before you make the leap. Most of our units (until we get the new codex, coming in December!) need to be converted.
  • If you like dependability, we are not for you.
  • You need to like metal music, loud trukks, gin, ale, beer, bourbon, vodka, moonshine (all alcoholic drinks in general), cigars, Iho sticks, beer, pollution, beer, wee little grots, beer, small squigs, big squigs, beer, old technology, beer, looted vehicles, beer, beer, beer, and more beer.

IF you said yes to all of the above, then we're right for you, and let me be the first to buy you a drink!

Cheers!
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2007, 08:25   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't bother waiting to the new codex to buy the core of your army, boyz are still gonig to be boyz, warbosses are still going to stomp, wartrakks are going to zipp about alot, and kannons are still going to blow things up! But I'd wait till the new dex before you start adding those special units like ard boyz and cyborks. The new codex may not be too kind on them...

Quote:
Make sure that you are a good converter before you make the leap. Most of our units (until we get the new codex, coming in December!) need to be converted.
Even then it's probably a good idea to be able to convert well - just to add that bit extra to your army.

Quote:
You need to like metal music, loud trukks, gin, ale, beer, bourbon, vodka, moonshine (all alcoholic drinks in general), cigars, Iho sticks, beer, pollution, beer, wee little grots, beer, small squigs, big squigs, beer, old technology, beer, looted vehicles, beer, beer, beer, and more beer.
Ya know! Am begginin tah like dis guy!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2007, 10:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Totally!

But as said, get yer boyz cos you will need at least 20 , and a war boss and some kans to get you going. Make up some trukks too cause you may want them.