Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks and choppas in new edition.... :(
Old 04 Oct 2007, 17:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Orks and choppas in new edition.... :(

HI boys well just quickly popped in to see your section and gotta say nice job. Ahem anyways onto what im trying to say, unfortunately in the new Orks codex choppas are becoming standard close combat weapons im afraid. (Trust ive read it in the codex and mods if this has already been mentioned please delete this post) thankyou lads and may you WAAAGGHH! on to victory - brass deamon14

Quote from Bubgum: ... BrassDaemon isn't that stupid
Oh I assure you Bubgum I am

My instinct of selr-preservastion say: RUN! RUN AWAY!.... But I think my curiosity will win... AGAIn- quote Cmdrbonesaw
Brassdeamon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 18:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Orks and choppas in new edition.... :(

Hey Brassdaemon,

1. They've ALWAYS been standard close combat weapons. :P

2. And how did you get a read of the codex? You must be joking. Or lying.

3. Please, please; take your time to make your posts. It's a forum, not MSN messenger. I'll highlight your mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassdeamon14
HI boys well just quickly popped in to see your section and gotta say nice job. Ahem anyways onto what im trying to say, unfortunately in the new Orks codex choppas are becoming standard close combat weapons im afraid. (Trust ive read it in the codex and mods if this has already been mentioned please delete this post) thankyou lads and may you WAAAGGHH! on to victory - brass deamon14
Not to mention serious grammar issues.

Thanks,

-Lord of the Pit
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2007, 18:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I believe what he's referring to is that the choppa will no longer reduce armor saves, an unsurprising change. Its more than made up for by the point cost drop on the new Boyz.
Old 04 Oct 2007, 20:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Not to mention Furious Charge for all da Boyz as well. Good thing too - I'd trade the silly "maximum save = 4+" thing for a points drop and increased Str on the charge any day. Never made sense to me how a big ol' axe can cleave Terminator armour open like tinned sardines and yet can't do any more damage against sissy Flak jackets than a butterknife.
Old 05 Oct 2007, 09:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to GRISGIT-warboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Pit
Hey Brassdaemon,

3. PLEASE, PLEASE; take your time to make your posts. It's a forum, not MSN messenger. I'll highlight your mistakes.

Quote:

Thanks,

-Lord of the Pit
I think you should be a little easier on him Lord of the Pit. He's new to the forum and has alreafy got himself karma, and made a couple of small grammar mistakes. No biggie.
But yes, as everyone else has said, we're losing the choppa, and gaining a host of other great little deals. We'll be far better off.
GRISGIT-warboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2007, 13:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

When I first heart that we were loosing the Choppa I was heartbroken. Even if my Choppa really only got to use their special rules once, I thought that they really made the Orks...

Then I saw all of the shiny new stuff we're getting. Gork and Mork can have the Choppa's special rules, we're getting a boat-load of new stuff, not to mention a massive price drop for the Boyz, point-wise. I think it more than makes up for the loss of a special rule that a lot of player barely got to employ.

My opinion,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2007, 13:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome to the Forum Brassdeamon14!

Yeah, the Choppa save of a maximum of four plus is on the was out. As mentioned in previous posts, there are several things in the works that will help balance this out.

I'm ready!!

Best,
Old 06 Oct 2007, 01:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Hey Brassdaemon,

3. PLEASE, PLEASE; take your time to make your posts. It's a forum, not MSN messenger. I'll highlight your mistakes.

Quote:

Thanks,

-Lord of the Pit
chill. Its cool that you want to keep this from being just a chat room but he was giving useful information. Plus he's pretty new and already got himself some karma.
but yeah i may miss the choppa rule against termies but overall furious charge and a points drop should compensate nicely. i just hope they don't make the new orks too powerful, i already get enough flak for playing tau and i kinda enjoy being the underdog in most cases anyway.

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2007, 09:56   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Pit, you have no right to start pulling a grammar-nazi routine on Brassdaemon. Hell, a lot of these so-called "Mistakes" are either extremely trivial, or are a bout of hypocrisy.

Quote:
HI
Use of an All-CAPS word.

Quote:
ALWAYS

3. PLEASE, PLEASE;
Three All-CAPS words, plus you failed to use a comma prior to his name.

Mr Pot, stop calling the kettle black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2007, 11:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just for the record (and back on topic) I've been test playing the Furious Charge thing (at home in informal games) and it's great.* It's much better than the Choppa.

Here's the rub - terminators.* "Oh noes 2+ save" you might say.* No biggie.* Note that the new Termies are limited to 5 man squads.* With 20 boyz, that's 80 attacks, 40 hits, 20 wounds, and 3-4 dead Terminators.* With a little luck (and a few burnas) you can easily tear apart a unit of terminators in a turn.

On the flip side, that Strength & Initiative bonus are great.* Against Eldar its even better.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote