Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Ork Codex Rumor - Only one Eavy Weapon per Ten Orks ------------
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default New Ork Codex Rumor - Only one Eavy Weapon per Ten Orks ------------

According to rumors written on the Net, Ork Eavy weapons will pretty much be limited to one per each ten Ork models. There are a couple of exceptions with Tankbustas and Burna Boyz Mobs being allowed a Rokkit Launcha or Burna (respectively) for each member of the Mob. But it appears that Min Maxing may be nerfed in the new Codex.

Opinions ........... ? Good or bad? Are other army lists having to do this as well? Is it a push by GW towards big Mobz needing loads of Ork Boyz?

Best Regards,

Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New Ork Codex Rumor - Only one Eavy Weapon per Ten Orks ------------

I think it's a new direction. I know with the new DA dex they got the same rule to avoid their min/maxing. I think GW is realizing that they need to do something to fix the problem.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 17:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: New Ork Codex Rumor - Only one Eavy Weapon per Ten Orks ------------

I personally think it's a good move. Yes, min/maxing was effective, no question about that (and everyone's probably guilty of doing it at some point), but all it did was encourage heavy weapon addict armies where the only goal of army composition was to have the lowest big gun:troops ratio imaginable. Disallowing this, I feel, will encourage more creative and tactical use of troops with 'standard' armanents. I'll miss my 10-Boy, 3-Rokkit Launcha mobs, to be sure, but I'm not complaining if the rest of da Boyz get a bit more of da action!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Exactly! Since I only ever collected 500pts, I really only had two units of 16 shoota boys, 3 with rokkits and big shoota's.

But yes, I can't wait for the new codex!! I can see it now!

I can just see a huge footslogging, large mob filled shooty army on the table in my head so perfectly!
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 08:40   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

For footslogger I don't think this change will be a big problem, but with the KOS players it hampers our abilities. Not sure if they are getting rid of KOS, or just letting each unit take a transport, so you can kind of play KOS, but that will mean that I only get one special weapon per trukk which stinks. It will really hurt my anti-armor capabilities, not having the three rokkits in my slugga boyz units. Unless they somehow make them more accurate I forsee having a large problem with tanks.
Zagsnikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 14:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Damn, we will never ever hit anything now, I used to play my Orks quite shooty, although my squads still were 14-18 strong. I think 1 per 6 models would be nice.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 15:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

My guess is that they are not only trying to eliminate min/maxing but also trying to get us Orks to utilize other units. If rumors are to be believed then all Tankbustas get rokkits (new models do represent this), Flash Gits could potentially be very brutal, shootas are becoming assault 2 weapons, Kommandos get a 2nd special weapon...and whatever else the rumor mill has lately. In the current form you could field minimal Sluggas or Shootas and arm 3 boyz with rokkits and add a Nob with a rokkit and essentially have a Tankbusta unit minus the +1 armor pen and tankbusta bombz. That's, in my theory, something they are trying to steer us away from.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 06:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
I think 1 per 6 models would be nice.
1 in 10 does seem like a bit much, and a GW trick to get you to play a certain way.(The same way they do with every new codex thus far.)
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote