Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Renegade Chaos Chapter buyz Blood Axe Merc Tribe!!!!
Old 13 Sep 2007, 22:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Renegade Chaos Chapter buyz Blood Axe Merc Tribe!!!!

Da Blood Axe Merc Tribe known as Da Imitators have agreed to work for a unknown Renegade Chaos Chapter today. It is believed that Da Imitators will be moving out of 9LM25TF1998 sector within the next couple of months to join the Renegades in unknown location. Da Imitators spokes ork said that "Me and Da Boyz are going to be in da Warp for a while...but you humiez will be running in your bootz after February 2008." Rumours have it that Da Imitators have lost there lust for battle since the leaking of information about a new CODEX virus that is effecting all orks in the sector. Like typical Blood Axe fashion their Warboss wants to cut his losses so he and da boyz can live to fight another day.
This is a dramatic loss to the current ork waargghhh in that sector and it will effect the remaining ork tribes in a negative way. Many grots in other clans are already mumbling amongst themselves of having a grot rebelling if their clans don't get out of the sector before the CODEX virus hits dem.
This is Hyena031 reporting for Imperial News from the 9LM25TF1998 sector.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2007, 05:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Renegade Chaos Chapter buyz Blood Axe Merc Tribe!!!!

So is this a creative way of you saying you're ditching Orks in favor of the new Spiky Marines and then coming back to Da Boyz when the new codex comes out? If so, I'm saddened.

Good luck whatever happens,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2007, 13:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Give this man a squig!!!* Yep the new rumours about all the different ork weapons has me worried that my boyz will become warriors of the past.* I have over 300 ork models at the moment and i don;t want to commit 100% to finishing them since I may have to send a whole big lot of them to the big mek and pain boss to get some work done on them. I will still play the odd game with my orks but as for painting them well they are going to be collecting dust till the new codex comes out.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I really don't think anyone should be real concerned with outdated models. Nothing we've seen on the rumors would completely remove anything people have. The rumors didn't have Skarboyz in the list, all other units were present that I could see, and then some! Heck, Skarboyz could just become a Nobz squad as people have them modeled now.

As far as weapons go, really they're altering the shoota for the better and then adding in lots of new toys and increasing special weapons in certain units, IE: Burna Boyz and Tankbustas. So you may have to model a few more rokkits in or burnas, create some of the new weapons for units that can use them, hardly anything to antiquate an existing army.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 14:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I recently just finished modelling up 20 flashgitz and if the rumours are true that they will be a heavy support choice will those boyz will either need the new weapons they will be getting or they will have to be down graded to shoota boyz after a visit to the big mek. There is no way that I would fill a heavy slot with flashgitz. Its the new toyz and the increasing number of special weapons that I don't like. I will need to buy or model a significant number of boyz so my units will be effective.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 14:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Personally I'm looking forward to the new Flashgits. They've got Nob stats so 2 wounds, 'Eavy armor for a 4+ save, and Snazzguns which supposively have 24" range/S5/AP D6 and are assault 1. Course that's assuming the rumor is true. Assuming it is though, you've got yourself a unit that could potentially tear apart MEQs with the AP D6, heck you got a 50% chance of ignoring armor. Then factor in custom jobs, More Dakka making those assault 2...firing up to 20 shots with a 50% chance of ignoring MEQ armor, um yes! These guys used correctly are going to be a devastating mobile gun platform.

I'd gladly put these guys in a heavy slot if those rumors are true.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 14:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

When I first decided to start 40k I almost went with Chaos Marines mostly due to the sick looking plague marine models.* Combine this initial lust with my out of control warband of ork that are all assembled but only a small percant painted and you can start to understand why rumours of the new Codex would throw me off my Waaaggghhh!!!* I simply want to see what direction the codex will take my orks while I still have the chance to change some of my ork models.* Now there is one benefit to me playing Chaos Marines and that is they can align themselves with Orks in Apocalypse.* I bought the mega battle box for chaos, a lord model and a vindicator which gives me 1700pts to work with.* The small size of this force will be easy for me to paint and will compliment my 3000 plus points of Orks nicely.* The lure of the price tag was simply to much since the chaos models only cost me $320 Canadian.* A huge steal in my mind.
My orks are simply going into a training and reconstitution phase but we will be back...and will still be lurking in the shadows of mankind.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 21:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Neva' trust a Chaosboy, my lad... dem funny-lookin' beakies will spike ya in da noggin' or turn ya into a squig while yer ain't lookin'...

Still, I wish you well with your new Chaos army, may you have loads of fun with your magic spells and daemon weapons. We will await your return to the green tide, and hope you aren't too disappointed with the new Codex.

Hey, the way I see it, you've got an easier job than I do. At least your models are unpainted so modifying them isn't -too- much of a hassle. Me, I've potentially got to cut and glue upwards of a hundred (painstakingly) painted Orks.
Old 14 Sep 2007, 22:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

You hit it on the squig head there Axis with having to redo your painted models...just going to avoid the situation you are in by occupying my time with a small balanced new army.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 21:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Aren't the Imitators that clan (on Tauonline) that the Rodent guy started Declaring war on all staffs and Mods.
NightLord is offline   Reply With Quote