Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Apocalypse Plans
Old 06 Sep 2007, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Apocalypse Plans

Alright boyz,

Thought I'd ask you all what your apocalypse plans were. Any craziness? Hordes of greenskins? Tides of killy dreads? Let me know!

My plan is inspired by Yarrick...........Build Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka's personal baneblade. Having heard of Yarrick riding about in one he sent the ladz out to get one for him. I'm thinking of calling it 'da bosskart'.

Chris
Kalarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2007, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Apocalypse Plans

No idea what I'm going to do yet. The plans my friends and I have right now is to play it 2v2 so that none of us needs to spend $2k on new merchandise. So, I'll probably make a select few things but not go too nuts since I'll have a teammate. I'll almost certainly make a Stompa, beyond that I've no idea.
Old 06 Sep 2007, 20:55   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

I for one have gone kinda nuts - ive splashed some cash getting them up to 2000 points.

'ard boyz, cyborks, flash gitz, about 12 big gunz, and if I get chance ill be scratch building some dreads and kans!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 07:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Me, I'm currently going insane building Dreads and Kans out of anything and everything I can get my paws on. I've ordered a bunch of Predator turrets off GW online which I plan on converting into Kans somehow, and if I'm lucky I can also relieve my mate of his Wraithlord to be turned into a Dread.

I personally am looking forward to Apocalypse a lot if only to get a chance to field everything I've got... anyone got any ideas on how to transport 3500 points of Orks safely?
Old 09 Sep 2007, 23:17   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

though i don't play orks, 997 grots and 1 slaver
Old 09 Sep 2007, 23:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Geez, I haven't even really made any plans for my Orks in Apocolypse...at least not until the new 'dex comes out. What I've got planned for now is the following:

10 Boarboyz, 20 'Ard Boyz, more Shoota & Slugga boyz. I'm going to do up a unit of kilted Slugga Boyz with blue warpaint. I'd like to maybe do up the Ogre Maneater tolltaker (or whatever) body with an Ork head and big claw as a new warboss. I'd also like to get a Squiggoth.

As for vehicles, I just don't know. I'm not really keen on anything orky I've seen thusfar. Some of the rumors might be pretty cool. But right now I'm looking at taking my army from 77 models to about 150 with another heavy choice (the Squiggoth) and focusing more on the up close and personal Orky style of fighting. They toasted Space Marines in my last game but are currently fighting a nailbiter against Eldar. So, more rokkits and anti-tank are in order.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote