Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

might make a ork army
Old 31 Aug 2007, 00:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shiki
Default might make a ork army

Hi all,

I am toying over the idea of a new army and I am debating about Dark Eldar or Ork, I am an Eldar player. I am not to sure if i want a army that has a different feel or just something new. After looking at the other armies out there necron and space marines dont do it for me, a few of my friends play chaos, so i thought along with my Eldar what will be a different army again to them then it hit me ORKS. So moving from Eldar to the green horde what differences will I be facing. I think Orks have sold me regardless because of a comment someone else made along the lines of " Orks just stick a toaster onto their chest and say we ready boss"(whats not to like about that?)
Getting the dex tonight, but any advice or pointers will be nice~

Regards Shiki~
I always get the feeling that his craftworld was invaded while he was in the shower and he only had time to grab a bath robe and a sword
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: might make a ork army

Getting the Codex now will be a short-term investment, as the new one is coming out early next year apparently. However, make use of those Choppas while you can!

Orks are one of the most balanced and amusing armies to play; unlike the Eldar, you don't have to care overmuch if fifteen troops go down in one shooting phase, because you'll probably have at least triple that still coming! Or you can go the Speed Freeks route and run an obscene number of vehicles.

All in all, Orks are the perfect army for an Eldar player looking for a force that's more tactically forgiving and one in which you don't have to worry about every single model you use. I picked up Orks after starting Eldar as well, and I love being able to put down the supremely arrogant corsairs and pick up da krazy piratez when the mood strikes me.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to inuyasha1162

I don't know much about orks. But i can say. I always have fun yelling like an ork.

It's the orky way.

(i might start an army when the new 'dex is out, supposedly january by the way)

anywho. enjoy.

inuyasha1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2007, 01:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shiki

cheers guys,

Dra I think I am leaning towards orks for that reason, hmm well I guess it goes down to how patient i am. I also thinking about DE but i see it being the same as my Eldar so as it stands not the green guyz are looking liek the way to go
I always get the feeling that his craftworld was invaded while he was in the shower and he only had time to grab a bath robe and a sword
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote