Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000pt ork army
Old 25 Aug 2007, 02:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1000pt ork army

ORK 1000pts
Hi Im new to the forum this is the sort of army I hope to use any thoughts of coments welcome

HQ Big Mek 59pts
Big shoota, force field, choppa

ELITE 6 Komandoes 92pts
Rokit launcher, nob rokit launcher

TROOPS 17 slugga boys 193pts
3 rokit launchers, nob ,rokit laucher,2 ammo runts, boss pole

FAST ATTACK
2 warbuggies 80pts
Twin lined rokit launcher

2 warbuggies 80pts

Truckboys squad 151
Truck with big shoota, big shoota, nob big shoota, boss pole

HEAVY SUPPORT
Leman russ 143
Side heavy bolter, grot riggers

992pts any thoughts of what to do with the 8 pts
mr waagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2007, 04:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1000pt ork army

This for combat patrol? Wondering since I don't see a Warboss in your list and he's a required choice otherwise. That aside, your Big Mek can't take two 2-handed weapons and a single handed weapon. He can have two single handed weapons or a 2-handed weapon and a single handed.

Why the big shootas on the Trukk Boyz? To me it's a waste unless you plan on moving the Trukk 12" a turn and keeping those boyz in the Trukk. The object is to dump the Trukk boyz on some 'umies quickly, so I'd snag a burna, maybe one for the Nob too. I'd remove the boss pole from that Nob too, just a waste. You want poles on your back units, units that would be consolidated into and not your forward units. I usually put gobs or horns on my forward units, at least smaller ones like this.

Same note on the pole with the Sluggas. I usually only ever bother with one pole, and even then I can't see it's seen much use. I think they're great to have just in case but I think you're safe with just one unit having it.

The rest looks good.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 07:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What Thor said - you need a Warboss for a 1000-point army. The kustom force field actually counts as a two-handed weapon so you can't have a big shoota as well.

You seem big on rokkit launchas (Do you fight Marines a lot? Join the club!) so I can't really see why you want the big shootas on the Trukk and Trukkboyz. Stick with rokkit launchas, it's better to focus. Though I agree that a burna is probably the best choice for a Trukkboyz mob since you'll get stuck in quick. Take the bosspole off the Nob and put him in mega armour. You'll do a lot more damage that way.

Same goes for the Kommandos, actually. It looks as if you want to use them for some early tankbusting, which isn't a bad idea, but they won't do much with only 2 rokkits between them. Give them tankbusta bommz and a burna, Nob with a Power Klaw if you have the points, and they'll do the job much better.

Last thing: the Leman Russ looks all wrong to me. You're required to have a hull weapon, so it's always going to come to at least 145 points. Side sponsons are optional though, and my suggestion is to leave them off. Grot riggers are useful, of course, but consider armour plates as well.

EDIT: And doesn't this belong in the Army Lists section?
Old 25 Aug 2007, 10:41   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

New list

HQ War boss 86
Frag stickbombs, choppa, slugga, evy amour, bionick bonce

Big Mek 47pts
force field, choppa

ELITE 6 Komandoes 92pts

FAST ATTACK
2 warbuggies 80pts

Truckboys squad 151
Truck, rl, nob,rl boss pole

HEAVY SUPPORT
Leman russ 145
Hull heavy bolter

13pts under
mr waagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2007, 14:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

A few things. Again, I'd only leave yourself with one unit using a bosspole. It's a waste of points putting them on every unit. If you're concerned with leadership then give the front unit gobs or horns, not poles.

You didn't list what weapon is on your Trukk so I'm not sure you accounted for cost on it. Any remaining points you have I'd put into things like plates and riggers on your fast attack stuff, but that's just me.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 08:36   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr waagh
New list

HQ War boss 86
Frag stickbombs, choppa, slugga, evy amour, bionick bonce
No power klaw?? Tut tut tut... each to their own I suppose, but I would highly recomend grabbing one at one point - sacrifice the bonce, frag grenades and slugga and you can get your hands on this leathal piece of kit. Strength 10 for fighting anything that happens to be dead hard and not toting power weapons, and the choppa to take advantage of your bosses Initiative (potentially I 8. Heh heh heh...). Whilst the frags are nice, your warboss won't be running around without a sqaud, and so the frags would be fairly pointless if you want that klaw. Although I would recomend adding htem in when you get a point spare.

Quote:
Big Mek 47pts
force field, choppa
Nice, simple and cheap. Keep him that way.

Quote:
ELITE 6 Komandoes 92pts
I don't really know that much about Kommandoes so I can't really say much about this squad, but it looks fairly decent.

Quote:

Somebody likes their rokkit launchas huh? I personally don't like special weapons in my assault squads and prefer to leave them to the dedicated fire squads. Still, they will be kicking out loads of firepower, so I can't complain really ;D Although my personal preference would be to give the Nobz Power klaws to create some catastrophic damage and have a go at tackling the occasional tank for when the occassion calls for it. As the others have suggested - remove the boss poles as you don't really need them.

Quote:
FAST ATTACK
2 warbuggies 80pts
Ya know what you should do with these two? Split them up into two different units - forces your enemy to split his fire between the two and diverts attention away from the rest of your army.

Quote:
Truckboys squad 151
Truck, rl, nob,rl boss pole
Not bad, I suppose. Again I would have loved to just chuck in a power claw in this unit - a nasty suprise for your enemy!

Quote:
HEAVY SUPPORT
Leman russ 145
Hull heavy bolter
Cheap and cheerful. Ish.

Quote:
13pts under
Remember what I said about the power klaw. And if that doesn't float your boat buy loads of grot riggers - these little buggers are absolutely brilliant and a constant thorn in your opponents side.

Quote:
EDIT: And doesn't this belong in the Army Lists section?
Indeed it should. But Ivy is busy smashin heads
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2007, 12:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Something to consider with fast attack squadrons, that I think many overlook, is that by having a squadron you make it harder for your opponent to score victory points. If you separate those buggies then each buggy is worth victory points, but as a squadron they have to destroy BOTH buggies to score points because the unit has to be below 50%.