Default Guide to Blood Axes

[glow=red,2,300]Blood Axes: [/glow]

Background:
1. http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/blood%2Daxes/
2. http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/bl...axe%2Drules/1/

Core Units: Kommandos
Common Units: Looted Vehicles
Rare: Stormboyz; Trukk Boyz; Battlewagonz
Clan Boss Upgrade: Any troop choice other than Grots may take a Mekboy/Mad Dok in place of a Nob (at a price) but must purchase them 3 grot oilers/orderlies respectively.
Clan Warboss upgrade: Warboss may a take a looted chimera instead of a wartrukk.
Pros: Ability to flood the board with infiltrators.
Cons: No battlewagon at the expense of being able to take up to 3 looted vehicles.

Kommandos Tactica:
1. http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=45315.0
2. http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=41903.0

MeKboyz in a Blood Axe Army:
1. Take advantage of the fact that any troop choice including your Kommandos choices that are used as a troop can take a MeKboy instead of a Nob. Equip the Mekboy with a Kustom Force Field (KFF), Mekboy tools, a choppa and the 3 mandatory grot oilers and you got yourself a nice cover save for nearby troops, hull down for nearby vehicles and the ability to fix vehicles, all in one package.

Looted Vehicles:
1. With the 0-1 cap on looted vehicles removed you now have the option to take up to 3 of them. HEAVY OVERLOAD!!!
2. Majority of Blood Axe Warboss favor the Imperial Guard (IG) Vehicles over the Space Marine ones due to the fact that the Space Marine vehicles rely heavily on the crews ballistics skill (BS) to engage targets where the IG don't.
3. For more details check out: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/ind...howtopic=16986
4. I have a looted chimera/hellhound (modelled it to represent both), 2 rhinos and a Leman Russ/Demolisher (modeling it for both).
5. Useful IG looted vehicles: Leman Russ, and Ballisk since their main weapon doesn't rely on BS and they bring large templates to the table.
6. Useful Space Marine vehicles: Rhinos since they can be fielded in squads of 3 under 1 heavy choice...can you say mobile wall...I can.

Painting Ideas and Schemes:
1. Camo Camo Camo
2. Black or blue facial war paint. If you use blue you will be able to use your ork army as Death Skullz.
3. Paint some dried blood on your close combat weapons since Blood Axe Orks do not wipe the blood off their blades after a battle.
4. Blood Axes lean towards uniforms like the 'Umies do.
5. My boyz have various camo pattern shirts and pants while their straps, boots, gloves, war paint, straps and various other parts are painted enchanting blue.

Hyena on his Blood Axe Army:
1. I take 2 squads of 5 Kommandos one with a Rokkit and the rest with ether sluggas/choppas or shootas (your choice) for my 2 mandatory troop choices and that is it for kommandos. The number one purpose with these guyz is to infiltrate into a position (usually in cover or behind a hard cover IE: a hill) that will allow them to take out any vehicles with their rokkit. Be bold with them and take chances with them since losing 5 of them is really not that much but taking out a tank is truly a Master Card Moment. If no vehicles are around/present they also make an excellent distraction unit. Run them towards an objective or simple take shots at enemy units anything to buy your main ork force time to get across the battlefield.
2. Since the Blood Axes are the least orkiest of Orks feel free to employ Kroot Mercs. Remember Kroot can infiltrate with your Kommandos thus making one hell of a speed bump.
3. I use the Kommandos Box set for my Kommandos since I only employ 10 of them. If you plan on flooding the board with them just use regular orks and make them unique. Some way of doing this is to use certain bitz, paint schemes or using fantasy orks.
4. If you want a Mechanized Ork force then a Blood Axe army is the way to go since you can potentially take up to 9 rhinos.

Army List: The following Lists build Progressively off of each other and incorporate all types of heavy weapons;
400pt Combat Patrol List:
Troops:
055 pts Kommandos x 5: 1 rokkit rest with Slugga/Choppas
255 pts Slugga Boyz x 22: 3 Rokkits, & a Mek with 3 oilers, KFF, slugga and tools
Heavy:
045 pts Killa Khan x 1: Big Shoota

800pt All Comers List:
HQ:
095 pts War Boss x 1: Eavy Armour, Choppa & PK
Troops:
055 pts Kommandos x 5: 1 rokkit; 4 sluggas/choppas
055 pts Kommandos x 5: 1 rokkit; 4 sluggas/choppas
247 pts Slugga Boyz x 20: 3 Rokkits, & Mek with 3 oilers, KFF, choppa and tools
Fast:
172 pts Trukk Boyz x 10: 1 Burna & Nob: PK & choppa. Trukk: Rokkit & rigger
043 pts War Buggy x 1: Rokkit, searchlights and Rigger
043 pts War Buggy x 1: Rokkit, searchlights and Rigger
Heavy:

[glow=red,2,300]STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER UPDATES[/glow]
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2007, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Guide to Blood Axes

Wow. Impressive. Never been a fan of the Blood Axes myself but this seems like a very useful resource for anyone wanting to start an army of da humie-luvvin' gitz. One thing to add, though: I know certain Blood Axe players who show up to battle with a Chimera, a Russ, a Demolisher and a Basilisk just because they can. DON'T DO IT! Or you'll be hated by everyone else in your gaming group and hunted down and burned as a witch...
Old 14 Aug 2007, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to chaplainmikey

hey,
this has been very helpful to me and has given me some great insight!
Still not sure whether to take any marine tanks or not!(just because i have marines!)Thank s for making this guide Hyena! ;D

cheers
chaplainmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2007, 15:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Very nice writeup Hyena. I'll add this to the Library.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 20:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Very usefull indeed, nice work!

Now for more points don't forget to add the Bass, the LR AND the Demolisher
Flyoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2007, 12:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chaplainmikey: Your rhinos make excellent walls, a landraider is mobile pill box and a razorback has its uses but the rest of the space marine vehicles fall short in the hands of an ork due to the fact that they are designed around the crews BS.
However any vehicle you have will make an excellent wartrukk, assualt bikes make great buggies and so do landspeeders.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote