Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How much longer until the Ork codex is redone?
Old 11 Aug 2007, 15:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default How much longer until the Ork codex is redone?

For gods sake, the last one was released in 1999!

How much longer do you think we'll have to wait?

If anything, im shocked that GW would redo all those other codex's that have been around for two years or so, and not bother with one that's been around for 9 years.

Does anyone think that it is because orks are not as popular as other races that they do not receive codex updates? This sort of correlates with the fact that marines are far more popular than the other races and thus receive more codex updates.

Thanks,
-Tesla03
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2007, 02:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: How much longer until the Ork codex is redone?

1999 ........... Uhmmmm .......... wasn't there an old television SciFi series by that name? Or was it the name of a song that was done by an Artist formerly known as prince?

Many reason's as to why the Codex stood for so long long. Mister Andy Chambers did an excellent job of balancing out the Close combat Ork army. Yeah, its a little weak in anti-armour capabilities but that balanced out by the two base attacks. By balance I mean overall balance.

Why muck around if it ain't broke?

Additionally, many Ork players are older traditionalists. Frankly we like the Codex. Being an older demographic means that we don't need back to back updates like the younger Anime driven army list called Tau. No offense but if you want to keep the younger folks attention then you had better update rather quickly.

In answer to your question, it looks like January of 2008. Ain't bad really, only four or five months away.

Recent Rumors that I heard at the 2007 Los Angeles Game Day held today were the following..........

Plastic Stompa is a go. The bugs have been worked out of the mold(s). But apparently there are packaging issues in putting all the plastic sprues into the originally designed box. You can bet that some Program Manager (or Engineer) is facing the Inquisition as you read this.

The max 4+ Choppa save is on the way out. Rumor has it that we get an extra attack to make up for it!

Best Regards,

Old 12 Aug 2007, 03:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
The max 4+ Choppa save is on the way out. Rumor has it that we get an extra attack to make up for it!
Gah! Never! The 'Heavy' rule made Orks... well... Orks! Is this confirmed? Because sure, dice on the table is nice, but against a 3+ or 4+ save it might as well be water balloons....
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2007, 03:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior

And I thought they took out the chain axes out of chaos to make the choppa's ability unique to orks :-\ and now their taking away the choppa to? why would they take away something that has a specific mention in the 4th edition rule book this doesn't make sence to me....

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Rogue_FireWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2007, 05:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't know the Gentleman's name that I spoke with at the Los Angles Game Day event. He was one of three people that were at the rather large section displaying the giant Armageddon style battlefield. This display was next to the Awards stand and that part of the display also had the new plastic Baneblade model on view.

The fact that all three Blokes had English accents lent an odd credence to his words. Apparently Games Workshop wants to "tidy up some of the messier rules" in order to simplify Game play. Looks like the Choppa rule is on the Choppa block.

Best Regards,

Old 13 Aug 2007, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVEATCH

Plastic Stompa is a go. The bugs have been worked out of the mold(s). But apparently there are packaging issues in putting all the plastic sprues into the originally designed box. You can bet that some Program Manager (or Engineer) is facing the Inquisition as you read this.

Best Regards,

Ooh, yes. Stompa ;D

But the CHOPPA! NOOO! NOT MY PRECIOUS 4+ SAVES..
...but anudder stomp each doesn't sound that bad...
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2007, 01:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

overall this will be devastating to units that have a 4+ or worse save since the choppa rule didn't effect them...bring on the extra attack
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 18:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with Hyena, I'll take that +1 attack over the 4+ save. The 4+ save is only really good against things like Termies, not bad against standard Marines but not amazing either. However, a +1 attack benefits you against everything.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 17:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Apparently the codex will be released in...

*DRUM ROLL*

January 7th, 2008.
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote