Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork vehicles and concealment
Old 26 Jul 2007, 15:24   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Ork vehicles and concealment

First off if this is in the wrong section could someone please tell me. I am concerned to the rules regarding vehicles being 'obscured' but particularly with regard to Ork vehicles.

Right. Can a vehicle be obscured behind another vehicle of the same army? Recently I've attempted to block my important transports (trukks) with decoy vehicles and had opponents drawing a LOS through the drivers compartment or claiming an edge is visible etc. Assuming they make target priority they can shoot the vehicle that is barely visible but shouldn't this confer hull down status? Or if one vehicle is only barely visible behind another shouldn't you have to target the more prominent? The rules are kind of vague in this area when it comes to vehicles.
Also as the size/shape of ork vehicles is left to the discretion of the player you could in theory tailor your vehicles to get round this. Making insignificant vehicles into great, tall blockers while shrinking those important ones down to nothing. This lack of sportsmanship/orkiness is well bellow me but it irritates me that my impressive looking kustom trukks lose out rules wise because i've made them bigger.

Any suggestions/clarifications appreciated.
badusernametag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 17:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Ork vehicles and concealment

Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by badusernametag

Right. Can a vehicle be obscured behind another vehicle of the same army?
Yes, yes it can my dear friend, if you put a vehicle in front of another vehicle, then it counts as being obscured. its right in the rules, so next time your friend, pop out you rulebook, go to page 69, Obscured Targets, paragraph 3, it says
Quote:
if at least 50 percent of side they are firing at is obscured by intervening terrain, or by other vehicles
There ya have it. Now for the thing about completely blocking line of site, I think that makes sense, they both count as the same size...so I am guessing it blocks LoS, considering they are the same size though, and perfectly lined up.
cheers

-D'artagnan

Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 17:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you my speedy friend. Once again I havn't paid enough attention to the small print. I will no longer fear for my towering trukks!
badusernametag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 22:18   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm not sure, but isn't Model's *real* LoS supposed to be used when shooting?
Flyoby is offline   Reply With Quote