Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I've joined the Green side (now with pics of my first Wartrak)
Old 07 Jul 2007, 11:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Commander Nearsight
Default I've joined the Green side (now with pics of my first Wartrak)

After various attempts of trying to find my army in both WHFB and WH40k and after deciding not to go to Warhammer Ancient Battles, I think I've finally found my army: the Orks. Yesterday I bought a Wartrak, just to see what's it like to paint Orks. It turned out to be very interesting and different from what I've previously painted, and more fun, essentially! Today I bought two more vehicles (my local retailer store has stopped ordering stuff from GW and are selling all their GW products excluding paints with a -40% discount so I got them cheap) and have just about finished my Wartrak. I also bough the Ork codex (it's getting old, I know, but it was in a discount price also).

This is a little introduction post in this forum. I might be posting pics of my vehicles in the near future. Don't get too excited, I'm not much of a painter and I aim very low. But painting Orks is very entertaining, I'm really enjoying painting them. It's good to be on the green side. ;D

Great site for all DE stuff.
Commander Nearsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 13:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: I've joined the Green side

Welcome aboard!! Orks were my first army as well. I think one of the big draws was the fact that they are one of the unambiguous villains of 40K. No shades of grey like some space marine chapters.

And there's always the Grotz of course. The antics of these little gremlins adds a lot of flavor to the fluff.

Best,

Old 07 Jul 2007, 13:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Welcome aboard!! Orks were my first army as well
Well I have lots of models for High Elves, Ogres and Tau, so not the first, but hopefully one that will last longer and be 'the' army I've been looking for.

I think one of the main reasons for taking the Orks now was just they're so propa - I really like the whole feel of the Orks, which is stronger in WH40k than in WHFB Orcs in my opinion. Looted stuff, their language (or slang to be precise) and just the overrall feeling of stompin' and krompin' are so appealing factors.

Old 07 Jul 2007, 14:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Welkom to da Orkz! I recently started Orks (only a few months now). I've really enjoyed the modelling and variety so far (after painting 33 identical Eldar Guardians :P ). However, painting all of those greens and browns has been a little bit more tedious.

Still, Orks are fun and are, in my opinion, a sleeper army. People tend to underestimate them or write them off as comical. Last night I charged a unit of Deathwatch marines with a unit of 20 Slugga Boyz. Even though they had taken fire on their way in, they still manage nearly 60 attacks (with a Nob & Warboss) and easily decimated the Marines & their Librarian. They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.

Best of luck.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 14:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Last night I charged a unit of Deathwatch marines with a unit of 20 Slugga Boyz. Even though they had taken fire on their way in, they still manage nearly 60 attacks (with a Nob & Warboss) and easily decimated the Marines & their Librarian.
Now that's what I'd call kool.

Old 07 Jul 2007, 15:03   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

No what you cll cool is smacking a daemon Prince over the head with a choppa!

Don't expect to do it that often though!

Anyways welcome to the army. Ive got Munkey shining my boots, Grandpa ducky cleaning my Trukk, what do you want to do?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 15:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Anyways welcome to the army. Ive got Munkey shining my boots, Grandpa ducky cleaning my Trukk, what do you want to do?
Thanks. Erhmm... how about if I admire your avatar and signature? ;D

Old 07 Jul 2007, 16:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Managed to paint the Wartrak, it took me only two days (it really is something ). Here are some pics. Forgive me the quality of the images, I blame both myself and my camera. ;D

As you can see, there are plenty of painting errors, but most of the Wartrak is finished. I'll amend the paint job some day, but it's very close to complete.

Forgot to add that I didn't put any transfers or painted symbols because I'm not sure what clan (or no caln at all) I'll play.

Old 07 Jul 2007, 16:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default Re: I've joined the Green side (now with pics of my first Wartrak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Sigged

Your painting is superb nice smooth coats all you need is a few highlights or dybrushing on the orky skin and your set.

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Rogue_FireWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2007, 16:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: I've joined the Green side (now with pics of my first Wartrak)

Quote:
Your painting is superb nice smooth coats all you need is a few highlights or dybrushing on the orky skin and your set.
:sadnshocked: Thanks...

I've been giving the Ork flesh a simple drybrush (more like finger brush, 'coz I aply it with my finger) of Black Ink to make it look just a little more varied in tone. So far I've been very cautious with the method, though.