Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Da Kadianz (move if you like)
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Da Kadianz (move if you like)

This should probably be moved, but i'll leave it up to the mods.

Anywho...

The idea is this: it will be an Ork mob (shootas, lootas, or flash gits) called "Da Kadianz", and will immitate the imperial gaurd through use of the cadian color scheme of dark green armor, whit highlights, and tan cloth. They will try to mimic the human cadians further by primarily using ranged weapons, plus i'll only be using ork heads with helmets on. I was thinking either a shoota mob (for numbers, just like the real IG), a loota mob (for access to looted IG or other imperial weapons), or flash gitz, to fully trick out their shootas, because in most games, all theyre going to be doing is shooting. What i need from tau online is ideas to help this become a reality. I want a balance of tactical usefulness and visual coolness. in return, you get pics! (provided it happens, of course.). The first step will be deciding the mob type.

gogogo!

and while you're online, check it out: www.lost.eu/551e4
mad dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Da Kadianz (move if you like)

[glow=yellow,2,300]BAD MOONS[/glow]
If you are going to use Flashgits go with the [glow=yellow,2,300]BAD MOON[/glow] clan since you will be allowed to take them as troop and elite choices.

[glow=BLUE,2,300]DEATH SKULLZ[/glow]
If you are going to use Lootas go with the [glow=bluye,2,300]DEATH SKULLZ[/glow] clan since you will be allowed to take them as troop and elite choices. However if you o with this choice you will only be able to take one unit of flashgits. The big bonus to the Death Skullz will be the ability to take up to 3 looted vehicles. On top of that every Loota boy squad is allowed to use the transport option for what every imperial guard unit they are looting from (all clans can do this). This route will give you the most imperial weapons and vehicles.

[glow=BROWN,2,300]SNAKE BITES[/glow]
If you go with this approach you get access to HUNTAS from the feral ork army. The big bonus with this route will be you now have a BS of 3 and the squad size is 10-30. But just like the Death Skullz you will only be able to access one unit of Flashgitz

Note: For further details on the clans check out the following link http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...ns/default.htm

If you want a more mechanized Kadian unit I say go with the death skullz, better BS then the snakebites,and if you want lots of FLashgitz then the badmoons.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

they'll just be troops. plus i havent read the whole clan list yet so i dont know if ill be bothering with clans...

ideally, id had 16-20 gitz with more dakka, but that comes to over 200 points...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 22:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Not sure what you meant by just troops. My above post shows you how picking a clan will give flexibility in the amount and type of troops you take.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 23:44   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hah sorry i meant that they most likely wont be given a transport
Old 25 Jun 2007, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

If that is the case I say go Snake Bites for the BS 3, which will make your Kadianz shoot like Cadians. This works out well since you only want one squad of Flashgitz, which is all that is permitted under there clan rules. You still can take loota boyz as heavy weapon squads but they will eat up a Heavy support choice each time. Not sure if you are looking at grabbing any looted tanks, ork dreads, or khans. Any thoughts on what your heavies will be.?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 01:02   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm most likely taking a looted vehicle in my army
(later on), but it wont be a transport and wont have the same "Kadian" feel or look to it. As for the snakebites idea, ive decided not to commit to a clan yet. For the heavy/special weapons, i was thinking (if it turns out as a regular shoota boyz mob) big shootas, to further the number of shots i can get, while leaving rokkits and burnas and such to other mobs.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 04:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry not heavy weapons but your Heavy support choices?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 11:05   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Aye. Looted vehicle and dred maybe? Im really not sure... :-\
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you are going with Freebooting orks will I would have to say you could use one squad of flashgitz, and the rest of them would just be normal shoota boyz then for your mobs. But in all reality if you want to make an army that is trying to be Cadian like you should go with Deathskullz so you can use your troop choices to take Loota Boyz. This would actually give you a wider range of access to their weapon options. I would also try moidelling your Dreadnought out of an imperial tank like the one seen in the ork codex. Pretty much stick with the imperial theme and just let it snowball.
Not really sure what else you are looking for for advice so good luck with your project.