Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots
View Poll Results: Kroot mercs: yes or no?
sweet idea! why didn't i think of that? 9 52.94%
NEVER!! You are unorky!! *krumps w/ choppa* 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 19 Dec 2006, 04:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 115
Send a message via MSN to blade_masda
Default Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

I was thinking about my ork army, the Bloodaxe clan, with their kommandos. So... why not counter the crappy BS (baistic skill, nothing obout the orks exect that is BS) with kroot shooting? plus who could resist a master shaperrunning side by side with a warboss. how bout a big mek w/ a kustom force feild attached to a shaper council? in addition, going more on the feral side of orks, why use grots for slaves when you've got kroot just sitting around. Or how bout having a symbiotic relationship with the orks were the orks get kroot to hunt for them and work for them, building things and fighting with them while the kroot get genetic material and protecting. Makes sense since Pech was liberated from orks by the tau.

aside from the fluff advantages, adding to uniquness of the army, this give very good benifits to an ork army. firstly having a better BS with S4 weapons gives well needed fire support, just like feral orks, since the orkhybrid upgrad could be used to give kroot +1T. in addition, ork kommandos infiltrate like kroot, so i could really frighten an enemy with 30 infiltrating models able to attack 1st turn!!!!!! kommandos w/ tankbustabombz fighing along side kroot hunters who can infiltrate D6 inches closer to the enemy and can fleet of foot and wound on a 4+.... can you say "first turn heavy support killers"?

Lastly, who wants to pay $12 for 4 grotz or $25 for 20 kroot that can be converted to be shorter, weaker kroot who can be used as slaves..cheap and effective and makes sense because kroot could have absorbed grot DNA and become shorter, weaker, more obedient, and smarter.

any additions, holes, changes, praises, or objections (anything at all!) dont hesitate to post!

P.S. sorry bout the spelling....this is the ork page after all, i hope the rules on spelling are more lax
(end of rant)
__________________
"Let the artillery vindicate this planet for houseing these beasts of men!!When i return, I don't want to see anything left but mulch, smooth enough to spread on my toast"

-Shas'el Dal'yth Tsua'm Ukos, in refference to the 13th Repentant Adeptus Astartes of Overlord Deathwing
blade_masda is offline  
Old 20 Dec 2006, 19:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 99
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

That is totaly impossible :huh:, the orks and the kroot hate each other. Just because the kroot are mercenaries that doesn't mean that they would ever help each other!!!!!
__________________
Many years of practice and experience has narrowed my entire game stratigy down to this!!! (Broadside+Railgun=Me winning)
WH40K@1 is offline  
Old 20 Dec 2006, 19:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 312
Send a message via AIM to Utsujin Send a message via MSN to Utsujin Send a message via Yahoo to Utsujin
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Kroot are loyal to the Tau. Like the guy said, they hate orks. Maybe if you chopped their heads off.
__________________
Knowledge is power.



DH
W:24:2:L:4
Utsujin is offline  
Old 20 Dec 2006, 22:12   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,122
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Then how do you get kroot mercenaries?
Nightmare is offline  
Old 20 Dec 2006, 23:54   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 62
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Uh, I am doing the same thing using Kroot Mercs in my Ork force. I did my research to see if this would be contradicted by the fluff (because of the whole almost destroying the kroot thing) and no where does it say that the Kroot hate the Orks, in fact it says in the Merc list (read it somewhere) that they regularly employ themselves to the Orks. As long as you come up with a decent reason for them working together, its perfectly fine!
Feel free to PM and we can share ideas and bounce background ideas betwixt each other.*
If you want to hear my background, just ask.
__________________
"Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"
Valens is offline  
Old 21 Dec 2006, 02:29   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,201
Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsujin
Kroot are loyal to the Tau. Like the guy said, they hate orks. Maybe if you chopped their heads off.
Some Kroot are loyal only to the Tau. But we know that quite a lot of other Kroot sell their fighting ability to the highest bidder.
Praying Mantidae is offline  
Old 21 Dec 2006, 15:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,096
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

I think it's a great idea. The Kroot complement the Orks perfectly and when painted green will fit right in with their beefier buddies. One thing though, Kroot taken as allies can't take a mutation, so no Toughness 4 Kroot for you!

I'd suggest not adding basic Kroot squads though (Orks need those troops slots for the boyz!)

Things like infiltrating Vulture squads and a squad of kroot hunters could be quite useful though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliodorus04
Falstead, you're a genius!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline  
Old 21 Dec 2006, 19:23   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 99
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

KROOT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO WITH ORKS!!! Although it is possible that they might work with the orks they shouldn't. The kroot are very special to the tau because they provide a way of defending the fire warriors from assault. They are unique to the tau. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!! >
__________________
Many years of practice and experience has narrowed my entire game stratigy down to this!!! (Broadside+Railgun=Me winning)
WH40K@1 is offline  
Old 21 Dec 2006, 20:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,096
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH40K@1
KROOT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO WITH ORKS!!! Although it is possible that they might work with the orks they shouldn't. The kroot are very special to the tau because they provide a way of defending the fire warriors from assault. They are unique to the tau. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!! >
Would you care to explain why Kroot mercenaries exist then?

Kroot need to be as diverse as possible to avoid becoming trapped in an evolutionary dead end. To this end Kroot mercenary groups are dispatched all over the galaxy to keep the kroot genetic material more diverse since it allows them to encounter things they wouldn't have run into with the Tau.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliodorus04
Falstead, you're a genius!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline  
Old 21 Dec 2006, 21:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,807
Default Re: Orks w/ Kroot mercs.......or maybe kroot slaves instead of grots

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH40K@1
KROOT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO WITH ORKS!!! Although it is possible that they might work with the orks they shouldn't. The kroot are very special to the tau because they provide a way of defending the fire warriors from assault. They are unique to the tau. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!! >
And you should not be allowed to use a computer if you're going to demonstrate such poor manners...

The Kroot are not "unique" to the Tau. They never have been and never will be. They're called mercinaries for a reason - they hire out their services to the highest bidder, and it's essential to the survival of their species for them to do so.
AuinMyrrath is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no kroot mercs??? yosh Tau 15 01 Oct 2007 04:42
Kroot mercs and Tau, why not? I don't get this... Red_dog Tau 12 26 Mar 2007 07:19
Kroot mercs Tomo1 Minor Races 2 25 Feb 2007 19:49
Kroot Mercs ShadowCrawler Minor Races 4 11 Feb 2006 14:31
kroot mercs sinfox Craftworld Eldar 8 24 Aug 2005 01:04